If I remember correctly, fel energy corruption is irreversible. This means that Blood Elves will probably always have those green eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    If I remember correctly, fel energy corruption is irreversible. This means that Blood Elves will probably always have those green eyes.
    No they will not, it will slowly fade as far as I know from some blizzard Q&A. However, they may change to something else since the holy (naaru) focus of their well...

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The only difference between High Elf and Blood Elf is political allegiance, its like Republican and Democrat. Biologically, they are 99.999% identical except only for the fact that Fel use in Silvermoon caused their eyes to turn green. A blood elf could have Blue eyes if they just weren't present in Quel'thalas during the entirety of the Fel fiasco but the chance of that is not very high.

But wait, Elves get their eye color based on the magic they absorb, so with the original Sunwell being Arcane their eye colors were predominantly Blue, and when they absorbed Fel magic their eye colors changed to Green. Now, the Sun well now radiates Holy and Arcane energy and if we assume Holy energy to be gold/yellow, then their eye colors would be Blue+Yellow=Green! Green Eyes for the High Elves! Or something.

But really, right now the Blood Elves are absorbing Divine magic from the Sunwell and it would be safe to assume that over time, the Elves of Quel'thalas will develop Golden eyes. Blue Eyed Elves are only going to be found in Elves that weren't present in Quel'thalas for the whole Art has ordeal, which means they probably lived in Theramore or Stormwind, which means they likely allied with the Alliance, which means they were definitely not cool with the mainland Elves consuming Fel Magic, which means they are probably still with the Alliance.

But I have a kind of solution thing to this whole deal, if the surviving members of Alleria's party somehow returned to Azeroth then it would make for an interesting origin story for player character High Elves, and could somewhat explain sent physical differences in the case of a new model being used.
    high elves only have blue eyes for game mechanics. high elves lorewise can have blue, white, red, gold, silver, ect ect.

alleria for example always had green eyes from birth and shes a high elf. holy magic has also been shown to give blue eyes

and many night elves have golden and silver eyes due to the well of eternity which was pure liquid arcane magic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No they will not, it will slowly fade as far as I know from some blizzard Q&A. However, they may change to something else since the holy (naaru) focus of their well...
    fel magic has a very long halflife of many generations.

considering all of warcraft has been 30 years or so we will never see non fel afflicted elves or new brown orcs in wows lifetime unless a lore reason purifies them of their fel taint
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hes alliance. just helping the horde. or a mistake, the sunreavers are still being held as prisoners in dalaran there should be no blood elf kirin tor left and a silver covenant wouldnt likely join the horde. should probably ask one of the devs what his deal is, might be placeholder since garrisons arent finished yet
    It's kinda weird that he's riding an Alliance PvP mount too.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

These look amazing, but i feel alot of these could not be playable due to breaking the lore.

and many night elves have golden and silver eyes due to the well of eternity which was pure liquid arcane magic
    No official source of this though except we conclude that everything about their looks is like that because of WoE. WoE evolved them so we could conclude that way I guess. What we all know for sure is that Night Elves generally have silver eyes for some reason and amber eyes for few.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-07-24 at 01:24 AM.

I think people overestimate how consistent Blizzard is about eye colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    No official source of this though. What we all know is that Night Elves generally have silver eyes for some reason and amber eyes for few.
    Natural Kaldorei eye colour is silver. Amber eyes are primaly linked to druidic magic: a person born with amber eyes has innate great potential to druidism, though it doesn't mean that the said person wouldn't need to study it. Practicing druidic magic can also turn silver eyes into amber, like what happened to Malfurion. It's also the reason why male Nightelf model has amber eyes, as the majority of Kaldorei males have been druids for the past 10 000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Natural Kaldorei eye colour is silver. Amber eyes are primaly linked to druidic magic: a person born with amber eyes has innate great potential to druidism, though it doesn't mean that the said person wouldn't need to study it. Practicing druidic magic can also turn silver eyes into amber, like what happened to Malfurion. It's also the reason why male Nightelf model has amber eyes, as the majority of Kaldorei males have been druids for the past 10 000 years.
    Well, I am aware of all that.

human cultist for forsaken sub race

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

Would rather have it as an extra human skin or glyph.

cultists give themselves willingly to the scourge. they are also completely human, they just have tattoos.

tattoos shouldnt be a subrace they should just be part of a tattoo feature in a future customization update
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

cultists give themselves willingly to the scourge. they are also completely human, they just have tattoos.

tattoos shouldnt be a subrace they should just be part of a tattoo feature in a future customization update
    sylvanas recruit agents of the scourge

Only the undead ones, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas only recruited the Val'Kyr, but why settle for that? She could recruit the Undead Nerubians, Vargul, Darkfallen, Undead Worgen, Undead Ice Trolls and the countless others of undead races the Scourge has in their ranks.

(Personally I prefer the ingame Forsaken to only use races that where part of the Alliance of Lordaeron (so Undead Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves) + the Vargul, Val'Kyr and Darkfallen).

Only the undead ones, as far as I know.
    Hell, why should Sylvanas settle for the undead ones? She could use the Val'Kyr to recruit different Vry'kul tribes!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Sylvanas only recruited the Val'Kyr, but why settle for that? She could recruit the Undead Nerubians, Vargul, Darkfallen, Undead Worgen, Undead Ice Trolls and the countless others of undead races the Scourge has in their ranks.

(Personally I prefer the ingame Forsaken to only use races that where part of the Alliance of Lordaeron (so Undead Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves) + the Vargul, Val'Kyr and Darkfallen).

Hell, why should Sylvanas settle for the undead ones? She could use the Val'Kyr to recruit different Vry'kul tribes!
    and humans cultist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Valkyr cannot resurrect Worgens into undead. That's the reason why humans in Silverpine willingly took the curse from Gilnean Worgen.

Depending on the Tattoo, I disagree. Wildhammer Dwaves are definitely a sub-race, though it would be cool to see feather accessories to compliment that. The same goes for Grimtotem Tauren, who cover themselves in warpaints.

I have a question for you guys regarding the Darkfallen (San'layn) as a sub-race for the Blood Elves.

While the San'layn faction itself is defunct, there is a good chance that there are a number of Darkfallen survived in Northrend following the Northrend campaign and Blood Prince Theraldris, Blood Prince Atherann and Blood Lord Vorath are still canonically alive. With Arthas dead it would also be likely that their free will is restored and they are back to the way they were when they were Blood Elves serving Kael'thas, albeit now a little more undead and blood thirsty.

I don't see Lor'themar and Silvermoon accepting them back as they aren't really on best terms with the undead especially with tensions between them and the Forsaken and their history with the Scourge, but I can totally see Sylvanas accepting them into the Forsaken and therefore into the Horde, which would work perfectly fine in terms of gameplay reasons.
    You just lost The Game

the cult of the damned are not mindless ghouls or rebellious val'kyr. they view the lich king as a god and only serve him and wish to bring him back.

they see the forsaken as traitors

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on the Tattoo, I disagree. Wildhammer Dwaves are definitely a sub-race, though it would be cool to see feather accessories to compliment that
    if they added things like feathers and earings and maybe a few exclusive hairstyles (dat heroes of the storm mohawk) sure.

but if they plan on just giving people tattoos id rather a subrace slot be given to dark irons and earthen and just let dwarves get wildhammer tattoos from the future tattoo shop

Depending on the Tattoo, I disagree. Wildhammer Dwaves are definitely a sub-race, though it would be cool to see feather accessories to compliment that. The same goes for Grimtotem Tauren, who cover themselves in warpaints.

I have a question for you guys regarding the Darkfallen (San'layn) as a sub-race for the Blood Elves.

While the San'layn faction itself is defunct, there is a good chance that there are a number of Darkfallen survived in Northrend following the Northrend campaign and Blood Prince Theraldris, Blood Prince Atherann and Blood Lord Vorath are still canonically alive. With Arthas dead it would also be likely that their free will is restored and they are back to the way they were when they were Blood Elves serving Kael'thas, albeit now a little more undead and blood thirsty.

I don't see Lor'themar and Silvermoon accepting them back as they aren't really on best terms with the undead especially with tensions between them and the Forsaken and their history with the Scourge, but I can totally see Sylvanas accepting them into the Forsaken and therefore into the Horde, which would work perfectly fine in terms of gameplay reasons.
    in this case forsaken sub race