Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard knows how to make dem monies

New Transformers movie comes out. Breaks all box office records, millions of screaming kids come back from the multiplexes and log back on to WoW with the memory of DINOBOTS still fresh in their minds ....

What do they see on the Blizz launcher? 40% off GRIMLOCK mount! Run to mum crying for her credit card.

Ugh this is all that people were talking about in raid chat tonight. Pop and son duo were getting in a bawls-out family dispute over buying the transformer for the kid (or he'd log on to his father's account and delete all his toons). It go so bad that our raid leader had to give them a cooldown period in voice chat. In the end after we got out of raid we saw that he had caved in and his son was prancing about in his transformer. You just know that this is being repeated hundreds of thousands times over right now in WoW.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2014-07-24 at 02:55 AM.

People went to see the new Transformers movie?

EDIT: OK, wow... Actually looked into it. Little under $1 billion within one month? The sheer lunacy of that eclipses any attempt by Blizzard to piggyback on that shitfest's success.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2014-07-24 at 03:14 AM.

that.. THING is not grimlock.

THIS is grimlock

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

THIS is grimlock

Oops I meant doublecross

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine "hundreds of thousands of times over" is a bit of a stretch...

Really, it's just a clever and convenient monetary ploy on Blizzard's part. Really not as dangerous or questionable as some other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a coincidence, I recon. The skyreaver just looks like a Chimaera.

I'm not even sure if they ARE chimaeras. Because chimaeras are native to Azeroth and have strong ties with the Night Elves.
    Here, we see em native to Draenor and more an Orc thing....

This is starting to look like the Fearie Dragon all over again.

Instead of fucking up their lore and retconning for the sake of store-promotion, why doesn't Blizzard just stick to what they said?

considering the sale was recently announced, and the movie has been out for weeks. Nah. june 24th

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'm trying to take this thread seriously but it's so funny

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2109248/releaseinfo

Damn, as if Egypt and Lebanon (Syria crisis) didn't have enough problems, now the kids want pixel mounts D:<
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-07-24 at 09:09 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Just a coincidence, I recon. The skyreaver just looks like a Chimaera.

I'm not even sure if they ARE chimaeras. Because chimaeras are native to Azeroth and have strong ties with the Night Elves.
    Here, we see em native to Draenor and more an Orc thing....

This is starting to look like the Fearie Dragon all over again.

Instead of fucking up their lore and retconning for the sake of store-promotion, why doesn't Blizzard just stick to what they said?
    https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/472052575538532353

I guess it's easier to say they retcon everything than it is to actually follow the lore. This is an alternate timeline which means none of this happened on our version of Draenor. The Iron Horde bread these after Garrosh arrived on Draenor. Apparently that is hard to understand though...

Deleted
    WoW had chimeras before and transformers didn't invent them either. I'd say coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just bad parenting, I think if I'd said the word no to my parents before the age of 11 regardless of context I'd have been made to regret it. Letting your own son hold you to ransom by "I'll delete your characters" would have lost me everything but my bed and food.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

THIS is grimlock

Me Grimlock...KING!

Personally I love the Fall of Cybertron game verison of him. They modernized him while keeping him looking like Grimlock.

Actually they did that with all of the Transformers in those two Cybertron games....so much better design than Bays trash-heaps.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That's just bad parenting, I think if I'd said the word no to my parents before the age of 11 regardless of context I'd have been made to regret it. Letting your own son hold you to ransom by "I'll delete your characters" would have lost me everything but my bed and food.
    this times infinity. Caving in to those demands turns your kid into a brat at best and into a criminal at worst. bad bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    this times infinity. Caving in to those demands turns your kid into a brat at best and into a criminal at worst. bad bad idea
    Anyone that has had to live in a house with a parent like this hates this father and his son with every ounce of passion they can muster at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    end thread please
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

iron sky reaver looks nothing like grimlok....

OP- Not sure why you would compare some robot in Transformers with a Ingame mount in wow that came out before anyone saw that flying robot..?

I dont think they´re going to sell more just because of transformers lol

Deleted
    hehe yep Bli$$ard knows how to abuse the weak minded

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    New Transformers movie comes out. Breaks all box office records, millions of screaming kids come back from the multiplexes and log back on to WoW with the memory of DINOBOTS still fresh in their minds ....

What do they see on the Blizz launcher? 40% off GRIMLOCK mount! Run to mum crying for her credit card.

Ugh this is all that people were talking about in raid chat tonight. Pop and son duo were getting in a bawls-out family dispute over buying the transformer for the kid (or he'd log on to his father's account and delete all his toons). It go so bad that our raid leader had to give them a cooldown period in voice chat. In the end after we got out of raid we saw that he had caved in and his son was prancing about in his transformer. You just know that this is being repeated hundreds of thousands times over right now in WoW.
    This entire post is a complete fail. Grimlock looks nothing like the Iron Skyreaver, and to be honest if that actually did cause you to buy one......you need help. Sidenote: It is Blizzards job to make the monies.... They do a great job at that and I cannot fault them for it.

mimrons head looks like the thing dr robotnic(dr eggman) flies around in.....they knew what they where doing.

zzzzz