Addon for Outgoing Absorbs.

Hey discs!

I've been running MSBT for some time now, but it seems impossible for it to show outgoing absorbs. Is that the case? And if yes, is there any other way of displaying them except the in-game floating combat test?

Thanks in advance.

There is no way for an addon to show you the amount of your absorbs before the absorb gets actually used up as far as i know. Only the default blizzard combat text has this capability as far as i'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    There is no way for an addon to show you the amount of your absorbs before the absorb gets actually used up as far as i know. Only the default blizzard combat text has this capability as far as i'm aware.
    If I understood the OP correctly, this is incorrect. I haven't been able to find an addon for this exact purpose, so I had a weakauras string made for this purpose. Currently it only shows on player and another string for target. You can probably tweak with this addon and some custom unit frame addon to bake it into the unit frame addon and have it show as default.

Player total sum of absorbs
    Code:
    dOu9haGiu5sesyuOiNcf1QikYRik0Siu3ss0Uiv(frvnmcogPQLriEgPutdjLRrkzBev8nIknocj5COqwhHeDpISpjjDquOwisspejHjsukBKOK(OKunsIs1jLeYkLYlLKYmjkXnjKs7usWpjkQHkjXtryQsQRsiP(kHu8wsrZLqQ6UKc7LK)IKQbdhMslgP8yk0KPkxw0MrPpJcgnQYPf61efmBeDBKy3s1VfmCKQLtLNtvnDjUofTDuv(osIgpfCEuv9EjHA(ev5(esL9RwPxvRiOOi8ueEQAfHbzML1plQkuP2IOLIWl6tN0YFDAOOiefgVPimA6xcuQtdffbRz3yjg6mX8TXymsd0RT0iZH0OIfD3gJXinqV2sJm1uqJH0q42ymgwA(bhTH0q42ymgSb3ikPxm1egEHBJXymgJr3sjfpC2UmiEeng6IhgdM9I4HxsZKLTMF6P4HNPZwIHU4rAGE0zlXqVosjfpm7Xcvy9lPt8i6tuslPLgzkECBmgJXym85fmj9OIq3pqg9SLu8WNEsswrEIhgTDgtNoj)m20zfpI(un47lBjntwwXd(SKMPEXd(SKMPiIh8zjntThsdrDpwOQjlltC0jT8NooXJiZ3gJXymgJi7OBPKdjPbNSf5l2ZbJtgI(CJG72ymgJXy0TuYHK0GRkbQmDdrtW5jkhe8IjPh3i4UngJXymgDlLCijn4iSgDr2OXOLCufRXc3i4UngJXymgDlLCijn4icMKdzjtJ84gb3TXymgJXOBPKdjPbx1nTopUrWDBmgJXym6wk5qsAWjlr2CqfbJHqNBeC3gJXymgJULsoKKgCvejPjLy3wsVHSNwYyNbUrWDBmgJXym6wk5qsAWX4odjz04GQMKuP1jdCJG72ymgJXy0TuYHK0GJGE0fldcEjjj3i4UngJXymgDlLCijn4iSgDP3GGxmj94gb3TXymgJXOBPKdjPbhbVys6ncSdzNFpNDqq3SysHBeC3gJXymgJULsoKKgCe8IjP3GQwNlMoUrHx2VngJXymgJXyyP5hC0gsdln)GJ2qgh8zjntrUngJXymgJXyezhPb61wAKPMcAmKKgcJGBKgOxBPrMAkOXOQJblzi4yIP0a9OZwIHEDKsoQCu9SuhPKmXmZYKEbMLVEHrHx2VngJXymgJXymgJrAGETLgzQPGgdPblzi4yIP0a9OZwIHEDKsoQCu9SuhPKmXmZYKEbMLVEHBJXymgJXymgJXyKgOxBPrMAQxJH0GLmeCmXNL0mfr(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(kct)K68slzHNIQkcEPLSWJ6b6PZwcofrvveM(j1n7XIIQkcEPLSWtriOim7jFzVOiSMLGQOkkcFfHi6e0jxfbFQkONA6fufLca
    Target total sum of absorbs
    Code:
    dOe9haGiu1LqbYOqHofkYQis0RisYSiIBHi1Uiv(frvggQCmsvldf1ZKumnejxJsLTruPVruQXrKIZruY6iiv3Jq7drWbrbTqerpefWejkYgjkQpkPuJKiPojrQSsP6LicntIu1njsODsuv)KiLgkrbpfHPkjxLGu(kkq9wsH5sqI7skAVK8xcIbdhMIfJuEmLYKPQUSOnJsFws1OjWPL41efA2i52iQDlLFl0WrQwovEovz6cUoLSDcQVlPKXtkDEkv9EIemFIkUpbjTF1k9QkfbzfHVIWxvPi0kTSSEzqjFM5KgfHFXJoLX(QuBqrWGSDxryZYlejxLAdkcwRMTqj2yKP7JXyKAPxzOrLdXHuqOEFmgJul9kdnQudonhIdU7JXyyO5fD0gIdU7JXyWgDJIOEjKIB4hVpgJXymgnd5uYWzAYOKrXwSjzylA1csg(jnlw2k7PNsg(wotOeBsgPw6fNjuITQc5uYWQvcmGXlKojJIhrinugAuPKX9XymgJXWtq0IYNbInVivX3esjdp6jfL05lzyZ0yiD6u2ZqlNrYO4rYONNmL0SyzLme2qzL6Lme2qzLmlziSHYkRzioeATsGKwSSmYhmU6zGxYOW09XymgJXOWoAgY5quCWltfHlTCWWSEXJFeD3hJXymgJMHCoefh8YqSwPBWGJoFH(GqqjP85hr39XymgJXOziNdrXbpHXMRWwSvmudzWylWpIU7JXymgJrZqohIIdEIOf1q6Z0Ma(r0DFmgJXymAgY5quCWxBlJZNFeD3hJXymgJMHCoefh8sFHnhmq0wm24hr39XymgJXOziNdrXbV0rrzrU0mH0Fi1PHQ0QZpIU7JXymgJrZqohIIdEg2QNufBdsArvlJtg5hr39XymgJXOziNdrXbpb9IRegecskk(r0DFmgJXymAgY5quCWtyS5s)bHGss5ZpIU7JXymgJrZqohIIdEcbLKYFezhsT9(oZGGUvWIm)i6UpgJXymgnd5Ciko4jeusk)bjnoxjD8JGGSDFmgJXymgJXWqZl6OnehgAErhTHune2qzLmFFmgJXymgJXOWosT0Rm0Osn40Ciko4gr3i1sVYqJk1GtZbjmgSuXOJrgtT0lotOeBvfY5G0JANHQc5KrMysk1ZXK80ZnccY29XymgJXymgJXymsT0Rm0Osn40CioyPIrhJmMAPxCMqj2QkKZbPh1odvfYjJmXKuQNJj5PN7(ymgJXymgJXymgPw6vgAuPg61CioyPIrhJcBOSsMLNEoooM0PJNe5VpgJXymgJXyKn)7JXymgJr28VpgJXymg3hJXiB(3hJXOWosT0Rm0Osn40CqcdUrqq2UpgJXymgUmy5AdE5yJLLJJLLJtQg860XsfJogn08IoAYtphhht60XtIdHIto2yzzz5444i9GxNUul9kdnQud9AQth)qoUsBihBSSSSSSCC860LAPxzOrLAWPPoD8dc(7JXyKuE59XymgJXWLblxBWZFFmgJS5FpB(3VF)(973VF)(973VF)(DfHlRxITk7PNkIqQnOicUs96PtvPic2tpveEbtWYtry5LcrqAOccuKuriinubbcjspDMq0PiibfHLxkeRwjOiPIqqAOccueCkcRwkC2ckcJviQckIIVIOY4QNHbdP5fD08ue2lTSSEzqjFsZSSywruRIFqGsMjLDC1i3AQHu2XXCnYww2XSIL02PxrWgBbfHumsIkIMf5kxPE905PKVEfHGSuxqqjZYv22zxnYIuYLtwmRx22vJCvSKMusJIGkA8vvkcxKkvvkcYwuHIQsfubfHLxkKwkC6u0ubfHX3VekXMHsibxPE905PQubvqr4PiywhNozRiewjF9KspNkOu
    as Isheria said though, I haven't found any means of tracking outgoing shields apart from this way and in-game floating combat text.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

I just want an addon to show "X amount of absorb" when I cast PW:S for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I just want an addon to show "X amount of absorb" when I cast PW:S for instance.
    What I just linked you 1 post above does exactly that. Did you even try it?
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    What I just linked you 1 post above does exactly that. Did you even try it?
    No, I was commenting on the part of your post that said "If I get the OP correctly" and I had to log off after that. No need to be rude. Thank you for the string

- - - Updated - - -

Those are very nice strings indeed! Not quite exactly what I was looking for though. I'm after something that just shows absorbs as MSBT does for healing. Like... you cast penance and msbt shows: +1k, +1k, +1k, and then you do PW:S and it should show +2k in the same manner.

For what it's worth, ElvUI has an option available to display total absorbs on each player in the supplied raid/party frames. It doesn't show you exactly what each absorb is, but it does at least allow you to see the total absorbs on everyone.

Is floating combat text you need or just a way to track absorbs? Vuhdo can display absorb amounts.

Not floating, just outgoing like in MSBT.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    No, I was commenting on the part of your post that said "If I get the OP correctly" and I had to log off after that. No need to be rude.
    Sorry, that was not my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by itheiel View Post
    For what it's worth, ElvUI has an option available to display total absorbs on each player in the supplied raid/party frames. It doesn't show you exactly what each absorb is, but it does at least allow you to see the total absorbs on everyone.
    Really? I've been looking all over, can't find it. Where can I find it?
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

You make a custom text with the string [absorbs]

ElvUI Menu (/ec) --> UnitFrames --> Raid-10/25 Frames --> Dropdown menu (defualt is General) change to Absorb (at the bottom).

It's possible this is part of the Shadow & Light addition and isn't standard Elv.... not entirely sure.
    Last edited by itheiel; 2014-07-25 at 02:36 PM.