Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    average of what, 26/27k dps? what was the ilvl?
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    average of what, 26/27k dps? what was the ilvl?
    Off the top of my head, I think they scaled the item level to 665.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    And why are we going back in time?
    So that they can justify recycling stuff they've already done instead of coming up with something new.
    Two types of answer to that:

1) It's not quite going back in time. We're going to an earlier version of Draenor in an alternate Universe (not the one we went to in TBC).
    2) We're going back because everytime Blizzard come up with some genuinely new lore (as in MoP), people cry out for stuff from the original Warcraft series. To my mind, they're doing WoD because it's either that or keep resurrecting Arthas, Illidan et al ad infinitum with variations on '... was just a setback'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Gruul wasn't even difficult in TBC.
    Quality. I take it you're talking about the nerfed version?

I like the idea of facing Gruul again.

Also we must remember the creatures Gruul came from are also here the mountain sized creatures that all Gronn and later Ogres came from. So frankly Gronn takes a step back in terms of how dangerous he is when you consider what else is about!

It does make sense for Gruul to be enslaved by this new Iron horde like many other Gronn (how exactly they are enslaved is a mystery for me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Viscera View Post
    Quality. I take it you're talking about the nerfed version?
    Nope, I killed Gruul about a month after the expac came out, 2nd on my server. He was easy even then.

Deleted
    Nope, I killed Gruul about a month after the expac came out, 2nd on my server. He was easy even then.
    I'm sure you did that

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    I'm sure you did that
    Why is that hard to believe? Plenty of people did it. I can't really provide proof, so believe what you want. Just saying that from the first month of TBC I killed Gruul regularly with a number of different guilds and it was never a challenge for any of them. The amount of wipes it took to learn Gruul was nothing compared to fights like Vashj and Kael'thas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    And why are we going back in time?
    So that they can justify recycling stuff they've already done instead of coming up with something new.
    I didn't realise they've already defeated the iron horde in the RTS games. I must've missed that in the game manuals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This just got me thinking.

How is a Gruul in the past stronger then he is in the present?

That logic.
    Because in the present he's gotten older and a bit flabby and sometimes when he gets out of bed his joints creak a bit and he wakes up a bit too early and has his dinner at 4pm and doesn't like loud music and remembers the good old days when Black Dragons didn't come into the neighborhood and lower the property value.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    This just got me thinking.

How is a Gruul in the past stronger then he is in the present?

That logic.
    He's not. Numbers and levels are just arbitrary gameplay mechanics. They are not representative of a character's strength, unless you believe the Stone Guards in Mogu'shan Vaults are stronger than the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    The real question is: 'Why did they make him easier than TBC Gruul?'

Seriously, this guy doesn't even knock people randomly around the room anymore before his shatter and the room is so big for 10m, it's super-easy to spread out and avoid dieing from anything.
    I think it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to be easier than the TBC version. The only real way you could fail on that fight is your dps sucked or you were raiding with mouth breathers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    They are using a boss that existed on pre-outland (Draenor) and Outland. Lorewise, it makes since that we would end up seeing him again.....because we are going to draenor.....in the past.......when he is not dead anymore.

People always want to blindly hate any and everything Blizzard does. If you have a problem with the mechanics of the fight sure. but it makes perfect since why we are fighting Gruul again seeing as how we are going in the past.

Its absolute laziness on their part. They have gotten very lazy for being the number one MMO company in the world. No wonder their subscriptions are dropping.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Is it me or is this fight straight looks fucking boring?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graev View Post
    sigfh they even recycle bc bosses as well... this is the most filler and uninspirational expansion ever. On the other hand bc was the best time so can't complain. 10/20 would buy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    you also have absolutely no idea whats going on from this video
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Why is that hard to believe? Plenty of people did it. I can't really provide proof, so believe what you want. Just saying that from the first month of TBC I killed Gruul regularly with a number of different guilds and it was never a challenge for any of them. The amount of wipes it took to learn Gruul was nothing compared to fights like Vashj and Kael'thas.
    World first was what 3 weeks after bc release?

Nihilum and d&t were pretty far ahead of everyone else in terms of progress back then aswell, Saying you wiped on winterchill would have been much more believable..

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Intro raid content is intro raid content. They can't make it as difficult or complex as anything in SoO because they plan on tons of new 90s using the boost feature leveling up through Draenor and this will literally be one of the first bosses they run up against when they hit 100. Plus, this is the fight on Heroic (today's Normal) difficulty. It's aimed at more casual guilds who want a slight step-up from Normal (today's Flex) difficulty. Think how much trouble you had killing Immerseus or Stone Guard.

Plus, you're going to be going in there with heroic dungeon gear if you're a hardcore raid. They have to make it somewhat easy on you, they need a point where they can say "OK this is the first boss of the instance, we can ramp up from this."

Deleted
    What the fuck is wrong with the incinerate animation? Please don't tell me it's intended to be like that

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Intro raid content is intro raid content. They can't make it as difficult or complex as anything in SoO because they plan on tons of new 90s using the boost feature leveling up through Draenor and this will literally be one of the first bosses they run up against when they hit 100. Plus, this is the fight on Heroic (today's Normal) difficulty. It's aimed at more casual guilds who want a slight step-up from Normal (today's Flex) difficulty. Think how much trouble you had killing Immerseus or Stone Guard.

Plus, you're going to be going in there with heroic dungeon gear if you're a hardcore raid. They have to make it somewhat easy on you, they need a point where they can say "OK this is the first boss of the instance, we can ramp up from this."
    Gruul is the first boss of Blackrock Foundry, not the entire tier. BRF is half a tier higher than Highmaul and is being unlocked a few weeks later.

That being said, there is a little more going on in this fight than meets the eye, but it's not a particularly robust encounter. It's a healer check, but they've said they're nerfing the damage he does.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-07-24 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Gruul is the first boss of Blackrock Foundry, not the entire tier. BRF is half a tier higher than Highmaul and is being unlocked a few weeks later.

That being said, there is a little more going on in this fight than meets the eye, but it's not a particularly robust encounter. It's a healer check, but they've said they're nerfing the damage he does.
    By that logic, Imperial Vizier Zorlok wasn't exactly a complex encounter either. It had maybe 3-4 major mechanics and a lot of raid movement.

It, too, was a healer check.