Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Gen-OT -> Split/Add News subforum?

I've been noticing that Gen-OT is essentially dominated by news lately. Currently, half the posts are news, and a quarter are offshoots from news. Given, it's intended for anything that doesn't fit in the other categories, but as it stands now, it's basically just news with a relatively small amount of other offtopic content. Is it a reasonable suggestion that news gets its own forum or maybe a sub-forum to Gen-OT?

10+ Year Old Account
    One concern I'd have with this idea is that if we gave news its own subforum because there's too much news there... the implication is that then GenOT would be very low activity without those discussions, and might end up a dead forum. I think current events is the primary vehicle by which the current forum is powered, so splitting them apart might not be in its best interests?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's tough, but there have been a few "eras" where gen-ot was doing great things about lifestyle and such. This was before the chat forum, though. Maybe I just need to browse that more.

Also, you need to update your sig.

=D =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, it's tough, but there have been a few "eras" where gen-ot was doing great things about lifestyle and such. This was before the chat forum, though. Maybe I just need to browse that more.
    Yeah, but we split out Chat (and Fun Stuff). We can't split out everything! Nothing will be left.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Also, you need to update your sig.

=D =D
    NO ONE ELSE FITS ZOMG STOP ASKING EVERYONE *weeps*

(character limit yo)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Well...what would be discussions in the news part and what would be an expmale for the gen-tp part?

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    NO ONE ELSE FITS ZOMG STOP ASKING EVERYONE *weeps*

(character limit yo)
    Are you calling the others fat? That is not nice. Or are you trying to fatten the up and no reason to change your sig if you are just going to eat them?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose