Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Storm Elemental Totem icon (anyone else bothered?)

This is the new and updated icon in the last build. Notice anything different? I was really hoping for a cool Storm Elemental to match the others.

It looks like they're going for this new totem style for all icons since MoP, but it makes no sense for the Elemental totems! Side-by-side it looks so underwhelming =/. It needs a big bad Storm Elemental!
    Last edited by Bridius; 2014-07-26 at 08:17 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Placeholder
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

was the placeholder icon.

This is the new, updated icon in the last build. Along with almost ALL level 100 talents for all classes.

Make a macro for it and pick any icon you'd like, done easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    was the placeholder icon.

This is the new, updated icon in the last build. Along with almost ALL level 100 talents for all classes.
    Maybe that was the placeholder for the placeholder?
    Joking aside, hopefully there's something better, that's just awkward in comparison to the rest.

It seems silly to be bothered by UI elements that are so easy to change to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostFish View Post
    It seems silly to be bothered by UI elements that are so easy to change to your liking.
    I've searched through every single macro icon and could not find a Storm Elemental.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Honestly, it's better than the other two. It's a totem that you summon, thus the icon should represent a totem. They should change the other two honestly, as well as any other totem spell that doesn't use a totem image, such as Magma or Earthbind.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Honestly, it's better than the other two. It's a totem that you summon, thus the icon should represent a totem. They should change the other two honestly, as well as any other totem spell that doesn't use a totem image, such as Magma or Earthbind.
    you forgot sarcasm shields^^

I've searched through every single macro icon
    For your sake, I sincerely hope that's hyperbole.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

I'd be bothered by it if the Elementals weren't attached to a totem but, they aren't so meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

My main concern is that the new icons means the 100 talents are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    For your sake, I sincerely hope that's hyperbole.
    Why? I make macros all the time to change the icon. I've searched through them all countless times

Why? I make macros all the time to change the icon. I've searched through them all countless times
    There's just so many. I can only ever make it through a few scrolls before I give up and just pick something.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

I think the new icon is amazing. I really love the art style on that.
    Perhaps it would be better to use that for something other then SET; though IMO it would be nice if they'd overhaul most of the totem icons. The searing/earthbind/healing stream icons are all a bit outdated.

There are many problems I see with SET and PE/SET, but icons aint one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Honestly, the only problem with the totem mechanic is, that there's none at all. Man, so many issues left in the dark without any proper responses from the devs. With things being scrapped left and right the chances are slim that we get a functional class this expansion.

Maybe next time... WoW X6 in 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Honestly, the only problem with the totem mechanic is, that there's none at all. Man, so many issues left in the dark without any proper responses from the devs. With things being scrapped left and right the chances are slim that we get a functional class this expansion.

Maybe next time... WoW X6 in 2020!
    Wat? Shamans function extremely well as they are now.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Wat? Shamans function extremely well as they are now.
    Dunno what beta version you are playing, but in the current one there are alot of problems with the class, throughout all specs. Won't name them here, since it'd be off topic, but I think there are enough threads on this topic, just no answers from devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rehgar Earthfury in Heroes of the Storm is very fun, and definitely what I envisioned for the Shaman class in World of Warcraft; it's just sad they don't bring that over to here. Totemic Projection is baseline (he can throw totems), Lightning Shield is how it was in Warcraft 3, where you could place it on an enemy target or yourself and it would damage to the enemies per second (would be much cooler than how it is now), Chain Heal was instant but had a cooldown and Bloodlust ALSO grants movement speed. Not so much in favor of Chain Heal/Bloodlust but TP baseline, and Warcraft 3 LS would be amazing quality of life.

Why Elementals still even require totems is far beyond me. Just clunky design that should've been fixed ages ago.