Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

It's been so long without content

Is it me or is it getting ridiculous?

There is no new content on the horizon. Patch 6.0 is a long time away. What does Blizz expect people to do? Just raid the same content for more than a year?

A raid boss gets boring if you're killing it 40 + times.

WoW has lost so many subscribers in the last 2 expacs. It seems likely that with this drought, the losses are going to get so much worse. If there are severe losses in the next earnings call, will it prompt change? Or has the change already happened with the increased Xpac costs?

Unsubscribe until new content. The only way they will understand this won't fly.

If you get bored, or find the lack of new things to not sit well with you ... you have every right to unsub. Doesn't matter what Blizz expects. You must always do what is right for you. There are people still enjoying the game, not everyone needs a constant cycle of new content to be happy, they do a lot of the older stuff, play at a slower pace, or enjoy alts a lot. Different strokes, different folks.

Sounds like you need to unsub until you have the itch, see new content, or you might find another game you enjoy more (for now, at least).

Wow. This topic is new and exciting, and we don't totally get a new thread every month with the same complaints and questions.

WoW has lost subscribers due to many different things, but don't forget that WoW's peak was during WOTLK and the year long ICC patch. That was when the game was truly accessible (with 10 mans being done with friends as you weren't locked out due to your main raid, pugs of all different sizes and difficulties, easy gearing through badges for alts etc) - and currently, with cross realm raiding and flex gearing etc, MoP is doing much the same. Long end tier doesn't neccessarely mean bad - it means a break for people who have spent an entire expansion progressing, so they do NOT burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Unsubscribe until new content. The only way they will understand this won't fly.

You rebels are so adorable :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoo View Post
    You rebels are so adorable :3
    Of course I unsub, I have had enough of Orgrimmar in february after I got BiS flex gear. I am perfectly fine with taking a break...personally I can't understand why so many players are still subbed while doing nothing ingame (just logging in for an hour a week, do Ordos/chat a bit/get bored and log out).

Also I don't want to imagine my empty server, back in march there were 7 players in Orgrimmar at 'peak hour' on Saturday evening.

I unsubscribed a month or two after clearing T14 heroics. I came back going on two months now and I absolutely hated SoO, the fights aren't bad but the raid itself is just not much of a raid at all in my opinion and from what I gather anyone guild which is raiding heroics and isn't 12/14 by now is terribad. I've been focusing on PvP for my two mains and leveling a few alts on the side which is fun... for a while. I'm already considering unsubbing until 6.0 though. My server is still busy but what's the point of endgame when it's been out for a year and an expansion is on the horizon? Well besides getting a decent set for leveling. I think anyone who has been raiding SoO for a year in any capacity is absolutely insane and in-fact needs to unsub and go outside and smell the roses.
    Last edited by Debased; 2014-07-27 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Well besides getting a decent set for leveling. I think anyone who has been raiding SoO for a year in any capacity is absolutely insane and in-fact needs to unsub and go outside and smell the roses.
    I agree. I enjoy raiding with my guild but it's summer and it's ridiculous to be spending time every week on content that is this old. Blizz really dropped the ball this time.

I thought every normal human person just unsubbed when they weren't doing anything and picked it back up again for expansions. Seems illogical to waste time bitching about it. Unsub, play some other stuff, come back when there's more. There's nothing to gain from putting thought in to this subject.

Just unsub honestly...why waste money when you're not enjoying the game? Just resub once the expansion is out...or hope for a WoD beta key, like I am!

What is so difficult with unsubbing and spending your time on something else until there is NEW content that you want?

It's not without content though, that's just being plain wrong. I'm fairly sure Blizzard are not expecting every player to stay subbed through this drought. Enough people still enjoy what they do in-game (doesn't have to be raiding...) enough to stay subbed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another one of this topics? let me make some popcorn and see how long till this thread is closed

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    There are people still enjoying the game, not everyone needs a constant cycle of new content to be happy, they do a lot of the older stuff, play at a slower pace, or enjoy alts a lot. Different strokes, different folks.
    I don't mind the slower pace of an expansion's last year, it gives me time to finish up achieves and play my alts before next expansion rolls around.

HOWEVER, I do think that releasing 3 raid tiers in the space of a year and then no new content for a year afterwards is pretty ridiculous. You'd think by now they'd be able to space out content a bit better. 2-year xpac = 3 raid tiers 8 months long each, or something similar.

Same thing every expansion. Knowing that Blizzard won't do anything, all we can do is unsub.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    . I think anyone who has been raiding SoO for a year in any capacity is absolutely insane and in-fact needs to unsub and go outside and smell the roses.
    How nice that your opinion doesn't affect others one bit.

1. Not everyone needs stuff to be new and shiny, some of us are able to enjoy things for other reasons than those.
    2. Playing with other people is an experience in itself, even once content has been seen many times over.
    3. Raiding is usually done in the evenings, leaving plenty of time to go outside so I'm sure people are able to balance it.

I am sure that people staying subbed, have reasons to do so and those reasons are PROBABLY that they enjoy the game in some way/ways. The ones staying subbed without enjoying it or "having anything to do" (lol) can't be helped, they can only help themselves...but complaining and projecting ones own issues onto everyone else = easier.

People get burnt out fast with any raid content. These raids would last longer imo if fatboss and other videos that show you how to beat bosses didnt exist, if people stopped playing betas like they're release copies, and dbm didnt exist. But that's my opinion about raid content.

But, just unsub play something new. Steam still has some nice sales going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard resolved to not repeat the 9-month gap between Dragon Soul and 5.0. Yet the gap between Timeless Isle and 6.0 is two months longer than that =O

Unlike the end of LK and BC, the problem with MoP and Cata's last tier of Raid content is they were either anticlimatic and unsatisfactory (Cataclysm) or we knew the Raid Boss would be back in the next expansion (MoP). Of course, WoD was announced around the same time SoO went live and SoO was announced around the same time MoP went live so...yeah.

Alot of folks will disagree with me on this but it's out fault MoP we burned through so quickly. It was the first time since I started playing in 2007 I conscientiously skipped whole tiers because by the time I started prepwork on one, the next would be released. Blizzard promised to get content out quicker in MoP. They certainly didn't disappoint in that regard XD

So, find other stuff to do to pass the time people!
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

"I have nothing* to do personally, therefore everyone else that still pays to play a game they enjoy through the drought is stupid! Since it is unfathomable to me that people play WoW for different reasons to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone"

Pretty much my thought on how people who make these threads think.

*nothing is described as anything they personally don't want to do. I.e. Pet Battles/PvP/Achieves/Alts etc
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Unsubscribe.
    It's really, really, really not that complicated.
    You're bored of the game, there's nothing new in the game to do, and there won't be anything new in the game for quiet some time. So unsubscribe.

Geez, people talk about how WoW still has so many subs, I swear this is the reason why. Some players don't know that leaving is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    People get burnt out fast with any raid content. These raids would last longer imo if fatboss and other videos that show you how to beat bosses didnt exist, if people stopped playing betas like they're release copies, and dbm didnt exist. But that's my opinion about raid content.

But, just unsub play something new. Steam still has some nice sales going on.
    No they wouldn't. Less people would do raid content in the first place if they had to figure those things out for themselves. Sure, those who stuck it through to the end would end up taking longer, but it would be an over all h it to the raid scene.
    And raids already have their life cycle grossly increased. If they didn't have such heavy artificial gating mechanisms, these things would get cleared much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just unsubbed when I got bored. I come back when I want to play again, unsub when it gets dull. Don't need a year slump for that concept to go into effect, it's how I've always played MMOs. My pay for something that isn't fun?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.