Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not sure if you went through my post at all, but I have an empowered divine star for every single whirl (first one I fire a star ~6-7 seconds before whirl because of AA running out, 2+3 AA lasts throughout the whirl). Holding divine star in P2 is worth it when there's zero damage going out on the raid that I can shield against (it's counter-productive to use it before MCs as it adds absorbs to them that we have to dps through to break), in favor of AA+atonement to singletarget heal the tank (who takes a serious beating when he gets up towards 7-8 stacks).

I did. I was referring to holding AA so that you can get a AA+DS with 10s on Whirl's timer to build DAs and recast AA+DS 2-3s into the Whirl for the healing and DA. That wouldn't be possible if you're using AA on CD.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Starting in p2, between the knockbacks, chains, and fire breathing dragons, it's insane to try and stand still and get a cast off. So.....I pre-SS before the phase starts, carries us through the beginning...blanket the raid in shields.....spec into Dstar because it's instant.....and then I'm out of options....I can put down barrier and look for the time to cast a PoM, but spot healing/triage is impossible. If one of my team gets breathed on or gets chained, it's impossible to catch them up. This was with a shaman rolling AG/HST as well. I tried filling the gaps with holy nova, but it literally hits for 2k with 4k crits (which is btw what dstar hits for). I know the obvious answer is "don't stand in breaths" but the dragons spawn incredibly quickly and was hard even as a premade group on mumble. Not to mention the chains/knockbacks inevitably lead to ticks from the fire breaths.

Any ideas on this fight as disc? Is it just overtuned? Are some of our heals (like dstar, holy nova) undertuned right now? Every video I've seen of this fight has been with a resto druid or monk healing, and I'm at a loss at how to heal it as disc.
    Try FDCL, Saving Grace, Glyph of Weakened Soul, and Holy Nova. That should be a movement friendly approach. WoM is too weak, even with the Atonement bug. CoW is not movement friendly.

Deleted
    FDCL tooltip was changed. it now says 'all healing spells have a 10% chance to proc' or something like that. Which seems to include lvl90 talents. Casting Halo in a populated area just spams me with procs ^^

That's because lvl 90 talents are bugged and grant procs on the heal instead of the cast. It's the very same reason why divine star on a clump of people grants you 2 CoH cd resets if you are in sanctuary and so does halo. It will be fixed don't worry this is very much not intended behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    That's exactly how it works.
    Oh My God.

That is so OP and beautiful at the same time

Something irrelevant, sorry about that but it is only here that I can actually ask testers. Has Shadowform a changed a little bit in terms of looks? Or it just me? It looks somewhat more dense and dark in some videos compared to live.

Deleted
    Not that I can tell. Might be someone just using different graphics settings though.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Something irrelevant, sorry about that but it is only here that I can actually ask testers. Has Shadowform a changed a little bit in terms of looks? Or it just me? It looks somewhat more dense and dark in some videos compared to live.
    Looking at it now side by side on live and beta with ultra settings, they look the same to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Oh My God.

That is so OP and beautiful at the same time
    Yeah, but it's not intended to work like that, it's a bug, as was said before. That's why some people might think that holy priests are over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Only visual changes I've noticed are shadow apparitions looking like the race you are, instead of always being undead females.

Yeah, but it's not intended to work like that, it's a bug, as was said before. That's why some people might think that holy priests are over the top.
    Yeah, obviously.

Sounds like cataclysm's flame orb & Arcane Missile procs

holy priests are over the top because of their spells being tuned over the top

Spectral Guise or Phantasm must do like a true psychic class this youtube.com/watch?v=ZO5J4P1aSFk , Dominate Mind is lock us down so is not practical to use but will be good if will have this instead Chaos Storm (12:24 min) from this video youtube.com/watch?v=kk18b9HtdhY and we really need Temporal Curtain ( 7:35 min same video) to survive from mele class. Must use more of illusions to mitigate damage ,if they cut the heals ,to confuse enemies to make them attack illusions instead to be more slippery making them mind tricks. We are Psychic vampires we can heal with power of our enemies and make them be weak like energetic vampires.

Deleted
    Anyone noticed guardian spirit and leap of faith have super sexy new animations? ^^

Deleted
    So, basically the reasons why healing preists won't get a free smite are called power word: solace and/or mindbender, strengthening the fact that priests in general are supposed to have most of their gameplay mechanics within their talents? And the reason why clarity of purpose was changed is indeed due to the fact that people asked about priests/things for priests in the same way they changed void entropy to 3 orbs at all times because it was asked about priests/things for priests?

- - - Updated - - -

kinda like this:

Since you asked this, we changed Void Entropy to..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holy priest View Post
    And the reason why clarity of purpose was changed is indeed due to the fact that people asked about priests/things for priests in the same way they changed void entropy to 3 orbs at all times because it was asked about priests/things for priests?

- - - Updated - - -

kinda like this:
    I think you're misreading Celestalon. I'm fairly sure he was using "since" in the time sense, not as a synonym for "because."

In other words: "In the time since you asked this, we changed Void Entropy..."
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Discussion going on in beta forums regarding holy for those who would like to contribute any feedback.

Since I am on EU I cannot post on the US thread that you have made Mdev, however, I do share quite a lot of the same concerns.

While I agree on a lot of things I really dislike the current way of playing Holy which basically is – Stay in Serenity keep Renew rolling on the tank and whoever gets a debuff while refreshing with either a Heal, Holy Word or BH along with CoH whenever there is slightly more raid dmg going on. It is such an utterly boring way of playing. Flash Heal is just not worth casting compared to BH, and unless PoH gets a reduction in mana cost it is not really an option either outside 2x Serendipity, which makes it an incredibly clunky way of healing.

I really do not hope that the current model of Renew on tank, refreshing with Holy Word / Heal – Fish for procs and hit CoH with Lightwell placed somewhere in the room and Hymn on CD is not the model they opt for. Since it is really rather boring, and if you like that style just go on the druid instead and get the option to take several cooldowns instead (Heart / Incarnation) while playing almost the same way with Rej – LB and WG.
    Mending: It either should remain a cast, but have its effectiveness increased, or stay in the current form but be instant, since there is hardly any idea of casting it as it is now.

90-talents: Since Divine Star has been changed to an instant cast then I really think that Halo should be so as well it just feels clunky that you have to move in position – cast – and move back. I do however like that Cascade is a cast.

Holy Word: Sanctuary – Is it ever going to be a used spell or should we just get it removed and replaced with an button that makes you chuckle.

One of my biggest concerns is the way healing works atm., since there is not much difference in the time you have to get people up to full HP again on the beta as on live, which is an utterly depressing way of healing. Aside from that I do think that currently (numbers tuning and whatnot) that overhealing is way way too high (30-50% from our logs) for what my taste in an entry tier aside from one possible spamming a tad too much.

And when thinking about issues there is the horrendous mess known as disc. Honestly, I don’t know where to start, outside number adjusting (which will have to be ridicules in order to make it useful) it does just not work with the dmg. patterns that I’ve seen so far, and while putting Shell back it looked fine it is utterly pointless since with the cost (which I assume will be reduced) of PoH you can do 2 rounds of Shell and then oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnar View Post
    Since I am on EU I cannot post on the US thread that you have made Mdev
    US Beta boards have limited access for trial accounts - if you have beta access.

All you have to do to post on the US Beta boards is to create an US trial account, then a character on one of the US servers, wait 1-2 hours, select the character to post, and be done. You do not even have to DL the US client anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Anyone noticed guardian spirit and leap of faith have super sexy new animations? ^^
    I think Prayer of Mending bounces like Cascade now too (need to double check this though).