Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Speaking of theorycrafting, Celestalon is covering a lot of the hunter mechanics for WoD in the theorycrafting thread here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929

All blue posts: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ft-discussion/

If you have specific questions, now is the time to ask.
    The guy has the answers to every complicated theorycraft question, but didn't know how Beastial Wrath worked? -__-
    Last edited by Papasmokes; 2014-07-28 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    The guy has the answers to every complicated theorycraft question, but didn't know how Beastial Wrath worked? -__-
    Yes, take a glance at it if you're curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Yes, take a glance at it if you're curious.
    I'm not doubting he has the knowledge to answer every theorycraft question that he's asked - I'm just wondering how you can have such extensive knowledge of the entire game and over look an iconic ability of the Hunter class.

I'm not doubting he has the knowledge to answer every theorycraft question that he's asked - I'm just wondering how you can have such extensive knowledge of the entire game and over look an iconic ability of the Hunter class.
    The best part is when he argued with us and got all snarky and then was like "WELL I CAN'T BE EXPECTED TO KNOW HOW EVERY SPELL IN THIS GAME WORKS"

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    The best part is when he argued with us and got all snarky and then was like "WELL I CAN'T BE EXPECTED TO KNOW HOW EVERY SPELL IN THIS GAME WORKS"
    That's a very uh, pleasant mindset. I've always guestimated that there's not a lot of dev interest in hunters when it comes to any of them playing a main in general.

Honestly, I'm not sure why. I could explain how just about every spec and ability operates in the game at an intricate level and I'm just a player.

Granted, I don't know the fine parts of the math and formulas behind everything, but mechanically, I could rattle off anything. I like Celestalon but he didn't help his own case there.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    That's a very uh, pleasant mindset. I've always guestimated that there's not a lot of dev interest in hunters when it comes to any of them playing a main in general.
    It's been apparent that there isn't ever since Hawk became the go to tuning knob and the comments about Hunter PvP performance in Cata. Or remember the Survival butchery in 4.0.8 followed by the Marks overbuffs in 4.1? Or what about the last second Survival nerfs before MoP launch that were reverted towards the end of the tier because they blindly looked at testing data and didn't catch that our numbers were only absurd by abusing a scaled up tier set from Burning Crusade?

We need our own Xelnath, just not getting fired preferably.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-07-28 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The worst part is yeah I get it. Most tweets he gets are issues not backed by actual facts but incessant whining or whatever but for the love of god don't argue with us about an ability that EVERYONE knows about and then get an attitude with us when we call you out on bullshit.

I feel like with regards to hunters I'm going through the same shit with Celestalon as I did as a shaman with Ghostcrawler. My mage is looking pretty inviting right now.

The worst part is yeah I get it. Most tweets he gets are issues not backed by actual facts but incessant whining or whatever but for the love of god don't argue with us about an ability that EVERYONE knows about and then get an attitude with us when we call you out on bullshit.

I feel like with regards to hunters I'm going through the same shit with Celestalon as I did as a shaman with Ghostcrawler. My mage is looking pretty inviting right now.
    I'm likely swapping to Rogue or Warlock for Warlords. I'm tired of feeling like I have to fight the developers to not just fix things but to even just notice the problems. WoW design in general feels like it's going on cruise control. It's incredibly frustrating still seeing some of the same issues with Marks that I reported during the Cataclysm beta.

I find my Hunter fun but I can't stomach the thought of another BM expansion which seems to be where we're headed unless they pull something crazy out of their ass in the next build or two to address the mechanical issues of Marks and Surv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    BM and MM (once tuned) feel the best for PvE, and Surv is turning into the new PvP spec.

At least from how things are going on beta, and set bonuses.
    Last edited by Alvarie; 2014-07-29 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    BM and MM (once tuned) feel the best for PvE, and Surv is turning into the new PvP spec.

At least from how things are going on beta, and set bonuses.
    Sadly tuning is the part where all the shit goes wrong. We've seen that time and time again and its never improved. The only silver lining (or the biggest pitfall depending on how you look at it) is that with Hawk gone, they'll actually have to do some proper tuning and not just buff hawk and call it a day.

Deleted
    I wouldn't rule out bm as pvp spec either. Pet is a lot harder to kill when you add all the tenacity and cunning talents for it, but then again survival with auto snares through frozen arrow atm seems also quite nice. MM can be ruled out since all you can do is spam aimed shot.

I don't have Beta access so I can't ask, but does this

"I think it gets confusing on the few abilities that have multiple hits. Penance, Missiles, etc. AoE/Dots trigger per tick?
    Each Penance missile, or each Arcane Missile, can multistrike. AoEs can deal multistrike damage to each target individually. (Celestalon)"

mean that individual Barrage shots will ALL have a chance to multistrike? Barrage - "Apply Aura: Periodically trigger spell
    Interval: 200 milliseconds" which means its ticking 5 times per second, per target (on a potentially unlimited number of targets) for 3 seconds.

15 ticks per target per cast all with a chance to multistrike sounds pretty significant. If that's the case could we be looking at Barrage as the go to talent?

Deleted
    I don't have Beta access so I can't ask, but does this

"I think it gets confusing on the few abilities that have multiple hits. Penance, Missiles, etc. AoE/Dots trigger per tick?
    Each Penance missile, or each Arcane Missile, can multistrike. AoEs can deal multistrike damage to each target individually. (Celestalon)"

mean that individual Barrage shots will ALL have a chance to multistrike? Barrage - "Apply Aura: Periodically trigger spell
    Interval: 200 milliseconds" which means its ticking 5 times per second, per target (on a potentially unlimited number of targets) for 3 seconds.

15 ticks per target per cast all with a chance to multistrike sounds pretty significant. If that's the case could we be looking at Barrage as the go to talent?

it doesn't make any difference, still the same multistrike potential damage than GT or powershot. The only difference is taht with many more hits, RNG should be less of a factor. But in the long run it won't matter. 30% of one big hit will end being the same that 30% of 15 small hits

I remember some talk in the Hunter IRC about snap shotting Serpent Sting wth Dexterous as BM being more optimal than the previously accepted opener. Can I get some clarification on whether or not that's actually the case?

Best-case it's the same, so don't bother.

Deleted
    I'm late.

10 chars

The thing is that SS is roughly 2x the DPE of Arcane Shot, but you only get the buffed SS (at least the big kind, TED etc) for half its duration which kinda evens out things.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-07-29 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Blizzard took the time to perfectly tune each class. It's like all the problems would magically float away!

...oh wait.

To be fair, they did a good job of it compared to previous tiers/expacs. It's only with the full bis + extra upgrades that locks have become bat shit insane
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    To be fair, they did a good job of it compared to previous tiers/expacs. It's only with the full bis + extra upgrades that locks have become bat shit insane
    In terms of pure damage, sure. Destro locks were batshit insane during progress though, all the right tools to deal with the different mechanics that made the fights hard (burst-singletarget dmg, huge and easy to use AOE, good mobility etc).