Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Threats to quit cost nothing. I've suggested that Blizzard have a feedback mechanism where you threaten to quit if X happens, and (if you use that special mechanism) Blizzard enforces that threat: if X happens, Blizzard cancels your account. Feedback through that mechanism would have more weight, since the player is putting their account on the line.
    Shear brilliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So why did you bring it up?
    Okay, I had to go reread the recent pages of the thread before what you were saying made sense to me and I apologize, I apparently misread one of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Okay, I had to go reread the recent pages of the thread before what you were saying made sense to me and I apologize, I apparently misread one of your posts.
    Fair enough and I apologise if my responses came across as a bit in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Shear brilliance!
    It's a pretty good idea -- especially if Blizzard refunds the cost of the initial investment (the price paid for expansions). Make it painful for both parties.

I strongly suspect this won't end in Blizzards favor though. Many people /only/ continue because of the social obligation (which people mistake as addiction often). If you /force/ them to quit -- you might be doing them a favor. Blizzard does not win in this scenario and in fact actively hurt themselves.

Forcing both Blizzard and the player to think about their choices would be a win-win, as Blizzard could learn to develop their leaders communication skills. I suspect that would not only benefit the players but also the people who actually work *with them* making a better work environment.