Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I wouldn't even mind if they made us do all quests, all zones explored, all five man heroic bosses killed, and the last boss of the raids killed(LFR and higher should count) for flight to be enabled. That will take me about a week, maybe two weeks as it depends on how many shitty quests there are, to complete. That might sting for casuals, but it will give them something to look forward to at max level.

But, we all know that this is an attempt to slow player progression(they admitted to this in a few posts), and couple that with the fact that the main continent of Draenor won't even be finished by the time they ship WoD. Makes me wonder what the they were doing since blizzcon.
    I could deal with those restrictions before flight is enabled

As far as what they have been doing since Blizzcon I think something went horribly wrong with the development of WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...
    You can still use them just not in Draenor so they're not entirely wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eridon View Post
    Unless a player spends a lot of time in not-current content, the flying mounts will be 100% wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Galred View Post
    Unless a player spends a lot of time in not-current content, the flying mounts will be 100% wasted.
    I honestly think the people that use the reasoning that you can still use your flying mount in old content have to be trolling cause people really can't be that stupid can they?

A. MMO are all about progressing your character... not many ways to progress your character in content Blizz is opting you out of if you spend 60 bucks.

B. Majority of flying mounts look really stupid running around on the ground like a parrot who had its wings clipped.

There has never been no flying in an area with CRZ, I'd like to see how that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jd5 View Post
    You made the perfect reply *for* flying.

A timed mob, with a desired mount drop, on a limited path, on a terrain rise with only one pathway to get there.

So we have...

Opt A - No flying, better park and AFK until I can attack him, because I'll never make it from 90% of the lower areas of the island, and everyone else is already farming Berserkers so there's not much to do.

or...

Opt B - Completely trivialize all the terrain of the island while being in absolutely no rush because I know I can get to him in 2 seconds. In fact, the whole island might as well be one of those miniature models of an area from the way I see it.

But yeah that no flying option, what immersion!
    Fixed B for you! Can you not see how this completely shits on the whole point of that zones atmosphere? In that setting it doesn't matter where you are, T.I, Isle of Thunder or anywhere, that whole zone might as well be flat ground with nothing but objectives on it.

WoW with flying:

WoW without flying:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I honestly think the people that use the reasoning that you can still use your flying mount in old content have to be trolling cause people really can't be that stupid can they?

A. MMO are all about progressing your character... not many ways to progress your character in content Blizz is opting you out of if you spend 60 bucks.

B. Majority of flying mounts look really stupid running around on the ground like a parrot who had its wings clipped.
    What is your point with all this? Blizz isn't doing anything to you but not letting you climb the y axis in a handful of zones. You aren't at a disadvantage and things are basically business as usual.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-07-31 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    There has never been no flying in an area with CRZ, I'd like to see how that is.
    There is no CRZ on TI? Really? (not sarcasm, real question)
    WoW with flying:
    WoW on a flight taxi:

Strange, that look the same, image that!

The only difference is with a flight taxi is you are handcuffed to a forced AFK time, zero immersion. With a personal flying mount you can land anytime to immerse yourself with interesting things on the ground.

Thus you get this view, which you can't from a flight taxi. LOLOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eridon View Post
    If you can't use flying mount where you will be playing, they are useless. We will all be in Draenor when the expansion is released. Your statement is moronic.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-07-31 at 01:02 PM.

And wait till people get a taste of Archaeology which is just as grindy as it was in MOP with more terrain that's harder to navigate . Then we'll talk about how much you need a flying mount in MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And wait till people get a taste of Archaeology which is just as grindy as it was in MOP with more terrain that's harder to navigate . Then we'll talk about how much you need a flying mount in MOP.
    One of the anti flight people in this thread was talking about how he got all the archeology achievements in MoP. Then I asked if he would have done it w/out flight his answer was "Hell no"

He has since vanished from this thread. Maybe opinions changed <shrug>

Taking away flight will turn the response to most people in regards to open world content will be exactly that "Hell No"

Welcome to world of que craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    There is no CRZ on TI? Really? (not sarcasm, real question)

WoW on a flight taxi: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...o96Aq5f7iVqSbg

Strange, that look the same, image that!
    WoW with flying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I like your ground photo better than the Sith Hamsters!

If we are not going to be allowed to fly in WoD, then remove the cost of Flight Paths

On Beta I am only lvl 97 and did so in minimal time, yeah I wish some of the flight paths were a tad more direct, for I don't care so much for the scenery. Sure some Zones look cool, but after the initial view the WOW factor is gone.

Interestingly enough, being in Beta, when WoD does release, I won't be WoW'd for I would of been there done that.

They can make FP's Point A point B and speed up said Fp's travel time, and remove the whole, "You don't know any connecting Flight points".

Either case, This will be the first expansion I level up only one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    I like your ground photo better than the Sith Hamsters!
    Mr. Sith Hamster is still here?

I thought he maybe went the way of Ordinator, Lolercaust and others.

So you think we will get any confirmation as to when flight will return in that webcast in August?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    If we are not going to be allowed to fly in WoD, then remove the cost of Flight Paths

On Beta I am only lvl 97 and did so in minimal time, yeah I wish some of the flight paths were a tad more direct, for I don't care so much for the scenery. Sure some Zones look cool, but after the initial view the WOW factor is gone.

Interestingly enough, being in Beta, when WoD does release, I won't be WoW'd for I would of been there done that.

They can make FP's Point A point B and speed up said Fp's travel time, and remove the whole, "You don't know any connecting Flight points".

Either case, This will be the first expansion I level up only one character.
    Flight paths are a horrible travel method. Travel was and has always been one of WoWs biggest problems..and that is probably why flight was instituted in the first place.... Now for some dumb ass reason they are thinking about removing it.

WoW is a 10 year old game and if they want to keep more subs and maybe get new ones they need to stop treating it like a 10 year old game

However with things like them being apposed to open tag, lack of customization, player housing being archaic in design etc etc ... they are apposed for whatever reason to bring WoW into the modern age.

Blatant anti-flight PR
    Nice 300x400 aerial view comparison!!!

Lets try something more equal.

WoW with flying:

WoW without flying:

Not so bad anymore. Add in the fact I can still fly down and land (to quest, etc.) in your 'without flying' area also, and flying still wins.

Flying is merely a means of travel between locations and content in the game. Slow travel, or dodging mobs isn't content, it isn't immersion, its lame.

I apologize for the image size on some screens. I will accept my punishment if I shouldn't post images of that size

How about flight in WoW is like this...

And riding on the ground in WoW is like this...

Yeah, flying looks way cooler.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about flight in WoW is like this...

And riding on the ground in WoW is like this...

Yeah, flying looks way cooler.
    Wow that pretty much sums it up doesn't it.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Wow that pretty much sums it up doesn't it.. lol.
    It is no comparison. It should be freaking obvious how much better the world looks, soaring over the tree tops, dissecting the valleys, skimming the water, cresting that mountain peak, seeing the plains stretch before you as you fly towards the sunset.

Or riding around on the ground, like so many common NPCs.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by jd5 View Post
    Nice 300x400 aerial view comparison!!!

Lets try something more equal.

WoW with flying:EDIT

WoW without flying: EDIT

Not so bad anymore. Add in the fact I can still fly down and land (to quest, etc.) in your 'without flying' area also, and flying still wins.

Flying is merely a means of travel between locations and content in the game. Slow travel, or dodging mobs isn't content, it isn't immersion, its lame.

I apologize for the image size on some screens. I will accept my punishment if I shouldn't post images of that size
    Makes me long for the ability to fly at max level after I've seen it all from the ground for 10 levels.

This is what I grew up to. I weep for the younger generations that don't respect flight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qC2P7QYjaE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Considering how "time-pressed" they are it'll probably just be an item you buy for 3,500 gold. 1,000 or so up from MoP.
    You have a solid point. With all the cut-backs taking place, how much time will they invest in a long quest line. Too bad, I would prefer that over gold.

You should remember, that many players mentioned, that if Blizzard will remove flying till 6.1, then they simply won't buy WOD till 6.1. And Blizzard responded, that they will force players to play for entire 6.0 via some grindy daily quest in order to obtain flying right at 6.1 release. And so? Do we have such a quest on Beta? No. And there are two possibilities here:
    1) Blizzard aren't making it, cuz they're not going to enable flying at 6.1 release anyway.
    2) Blizzard will enable flying at 6.1 release without any prequests anyway, just because via making such a prequest they would instantly solve thy mystery of no flying and kill all the hope for no-flyers to have flying removed for entire WOD - and Blizzard want this Vannila-boys to at least spend their 50$+about quarter of sub and try WOD, cuz may be they will swallow a bait and stay in Wow for some other reason.

And in both cases the best decision for us - not to buy WOD till 6.1 release. If they will just simply enable flying via flipping a switch at 6.1 release - great! If they won't enable flying at all - ok, it's their decision, you won't lose anything.

P.S. Why can't you understand, that some people are born to fly. I'm one of them.

Yeah. And my favorite flying mount is Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, cuz when I'm flying on it I really feel like...
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-08-01 at 04:31 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club