Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    But those 7+ million who pay a subscription and that have fun playing it, DO matter.

You on the other hand are just an old weary whiner. Complaining about things you no longer can enjoy... Complete and utter pointless.

Of course you will get a forum ban by writing you THINK you are alone in this world that matters ... Well : you are not.

The rest are having fun. WOW has NOW more choices of play than ever before. I am sorry if you think present players are flies on a dead horse. The only one dead is you to them.

I couldn't care less what an old dead horse thinks about MY game I like to play, this along with Multi million others.

For once look behind you: for every day that passes, a new born child is ready to accept life. Simple fact.
    7+ million? are you crazy? WoW has gone down to below 5 million...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaiverrettu View Post
    Thanks for making this thread OP! I completely agree to your statements here.

This is exactly the same sentiments as I have. I used to do some raiding, and I had a couple of epics, but the guild eventually disbanded and reformed as a new one and I wasn't able to get in, so I just focused on the PvP epics.

And when I finally got exalted in AB, it felt so epic. I finally got to around 4.4k health, and the set bonus, it felt such a nice accomplishment, and I felt like this was the maximum amount I could reach, and it felt so good. Like, I've really earned this. I only wanted more similar PvP/reputation grinds like that for every gear slot and I would've been more than happy just grinding my ass out for them. Add this along with all the engineering trinkets/fun that existed back then, and PvP was already superfun! Almost like the feeling I got when I got trolls exalted with the same undead rogue in Vanilla(yes, in Vanilla) and the troll epic mount.

I think old WoW touched upon the sentiments what many of us wanted from open-ended RPG games in the past. When we played Morrowind and similar other open world RPG's, I think all of us sighed and hoped for something that would do it more grand and better. When WoW came out, that was like one of the best games ever, and for a good reason.

I think WoW really answered to what so many of us wanted back then - providing us what I call this, "realistic medieval fantasy simulator." In terms of providing a realistic item grind and progression, like in real life - unlike the one infested with expansion and invalidating of content, that I feel the state of the game is/has become right now.

Nowadays, WoW just feels like a dumbed-down arcane game. I think it can still offer some content for people who never played it absolutely, but I don't think the WoW devs never quite understood how to play to their strengths, and that it's the WoW I originally knew and love. Afraid of the incoming sub loss of competition, the developers made a number of these "convenience" features in order to make people stay. But it is these same convenience features also that I feel have slowly turned the game into nothing but a mere shadow of it's original glory.

Remember realm transfers? Innocent convenience tools to give raiders and easier to way to get to good raiding guilds.. but ironically, at the same time, it completely and utterly destroyed unique realm communities and memorable personalities.

No need for summoning stones; LFG and LFR; join battleground tools; innocent "convenience" features, but dramatically served to destroy the immersion in the world.

Easier to acquire epics? This is the worst one imo.. there is nothing sense of accomplishment in the game anymore. Epics should be HARD to acquire. But there is nothing hard in joining LFR and playing a bunch of random strangers to get some epics. I feel it has completely and totally served to ruin any grand sense of accomplishment and immersion within this game. It's truely as you said, the game feels like it lacks the RPG element wich it used to have in the past.

I really liked this example! It is really small things like this that used add to the atmosphere and make the world feel far more unique, dangerous, and immersive back then. Now you just 2-3 hit all the mobs, boring, and soon outlevel the content pretty fast anyways.

Exactly!

To me, to you, and likely many others, the adventure/realism aspect of WoW is what got us hooked into the game in the first place. It was what I call a "realistical medieval fantasy simulator." It was good for what it was, and it was never required for it to become anything else(e.g, a dumbed down arcade game).

In hindsight, someone might say that those were annoying; but, in the end, it's small things like these wich used to make classes so much more unique and interesting before. I wouldn't mind them in the game, but it obviously wouldn't fit into the current dev mindset.

This is coming someone who hasn't played WoW in a long time, so I think I am being quite objective here. I used to jump on the PTR's to play abit every now and then(since it's free), even multibox, but I don't think I can take what the game has become to do even that anymore.

Sadly, I don't think that this game is in capable hands anymore. They get too much revenue from things like server transfer to cut them off completely, especially with the recent sub losses, plus they already alienated their older playerbase, so changing some things might hurt them more at this point(at least in the short term).

The new expansion idea also seems pretty ridiculous. it's like they completely ran out of content/ideas for story this time around, and openly admit it. "Hey, we give you something that was epic in the past, because we are uncapable of procuding anything interesting new, so let's use something wich many players are familiar with from the past, and hope it attracts enough consumers."

It seems like WOW has completely abandoned the idea of unique, interesting and fun roleplaying game and gone for the mass-appeal instead.
    i really enjoyed reading your reply, thanks for all the people like you... you're the people that make my days... you make me happy... there could still have been hope out there... i just wish there was 100% legit Original vanilla realms... Bug-free but starting from patch 1.x.x and making us have to progress in order for them to release new content etc

i don't like the --> straight to last raid

i want us to go through ZG -> MC -> BWL -> AQ -> NAXX

nowday you hit lvl 90, go to an isle to aquire good gear enough for LFR(looking for raid) and just queue up and you're already doing the newest content :/... you should have to start from the beginning.... normal dungeon -> Heroic dungeon -> first raid, second raid, third raid and THEN Siege of Orgrimmar

nowday u can just skip everything and go straight to the end... where's the fun in that?
    Last edited by mmoc8a4a8e38ae; 2014-07-31 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    you could have friends, enemies and rivals... but now? i don't even see allys around, i know no ally guilds or anything... which is sad... very sad...
    Yep agreed those days r long gone... and we are expected to believe Blizzard when they say theyre gonna make the faction rivalry more awesome than its ever been!... seriously?

I remember them making the same claim before Cata came out... and we all remember that the faction rivalry remained just as stagnant as it had before Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentanius View Post
    WoW is more casual friendly now. That's why it's easier to get loot and things like that. Vanilla and BC was for the real hardcore, and people like me, who couldn't raid because of gear, would be left in the dust.
    I never hitted lvl 60 during vanilla. I never got to raids in vanilla/BC. But that didnt bother me at all. There was allways something to do to reach your goal. I remember inspecting raiders and thinking like "whoah that guy has been in that raid, I wanna be like that someday". There was that mystic, excitement and adventure feeling. Not anymore. Every1 looks the same. No1 cares about raiding guilds. No1 cares about players. How is that a good game? I just dont get it how ppl wanted the game to be like this. How ppl can enjoy this game anymore when everything is just given for you free.
    And ppl are like "this game is soooooooo goood nowadays, better than ever". RLY? so so so frustrating...
    Last edited by mmocb797a40363; 2014-07-31 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    7+ million? are you crazy? WoW has gone down to below 5 million...

- - - Updated - - -

i really enjoyed reading your reply, thanks for all the people like you... you're the people that make my days... you make me happy... there could still have been hope out there... i just with there was 100% legit Original vanilla realms... Bug-free but starting from patch 1.x.x and making us have to progress in order for them to release new content etc

i don't like the --> straight to last raid

i want us to go through ZG -> MC -> BWL -> AQ -> NAXX

nowday you hit lvl 90, go to an isle to aquire good gear enough for LFR(looking for raid) and just queue up and you're already doing the newest content :/... you should have to start from the beginning.... normal dungeon -> Heroic dungeon -> first raid, second raid, third raid and THEN Siege of Orgrimmar

nowday u can just skip everything and go straight to the end... where's the fun in that?
    And if you can't find anyone willing to run that content with you, you're screwed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figure most people don't want to be wasting time backtracking on old content to get one guy caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    I never hitted lvl 60 during vanilla. I never got to raids in vanilla/BC. But that didnt bother me at all. There was allways something to do to reach your goal. I remember inspecting raiders and thinking like "whoah that guy has been in that raid, I wanna be like that someday". There was that mystic, excitement and adventure feeling. Not anymore. Every1 looks the same. No1 cares about raiding guilds. No1 cares about players. How is that a good game? I just dont get it how ppl came like this. How ppl can enjoy this game anymore when everything is just given for you free.
    And ppl are like "this game is soooooooo goood nowadays, better than ever". RLY? so so so frustrating...
    ''There was always something to do'', maybe you spent less time in the game itself? And even if not the game cannot stay shiny and nice forever, once you explore something twice it loses it's meaning and if you have been playing since Vanilla you have probably seen it all already.

Oh you don't do that anymore? I inspect people with high dps and go like ''Oh he has heroic gear, most likely has put time into his character'', sure it's not the same as before after I experienced high-er end raiding, and why should it be? I know all the means and what it takes to get such gear.

If you do not care about players, raiding guilds and whatnot that is more of an issue of your own and those who think alike. You simply do not care because you did for so many years, human mind works like that. It gets bored easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never hitted lvl 60 during vanilla. I never got to raids in vanilla/BC. But that didnt bother me at all. There was allways something to do to reach your goal. I remember inspecting raiders and thinking like "whoah that guy has been in that raid, I wanna be like that someday". There was that mystic, excitement and adventure feeling. Not anymore. Every1 looks the same. No1 cares about raiding guilds. No1 cares about players. How is that a good game? I just dont get it how ppl came like this. How ppl can enjoy this game anymore when everything is just given for you free.
    It's a completely different game now. It honestly did used to be a game with a huge journey - even after you got to the "end" and started raiding, there was tons of stuff to do that had little to nothing to do with raiding (or PvP). Now, Blizzard shoves you into the narrow endgame, and then wonders why people burn through it so fast. Lately, they've added on facebook-style mini-games, and made a few half-hearted stabs at something beyond raiding, which is at least _something_ but not exactly what WoW used to be.

As far as twitchy, "kill this thing in front of you", now here's some 'points', games go, I suppose WoW may be pretty good. Idk, because that's not what I play games for. So I don't really mind people who think current WoW is 'good', its just the people who claim that its the same game, and the old WoW was 'bad'. Classic WoW didn't get 12 million subbed players by being bad - it was a different game.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    That's pretty irrelevant considering how much it's changed. BC/Vanilla and maybe even Wrath casuals would laugh if not cry if they saw today's casuals.

I think casual is the wrong word though. Trchnically I'm a casual and I don't agree with the casualization. Th game is too repetetive and boring because instead of workin for different thing over a while, I'm working on the same things every day every week for a while. The problem with 'casuals' is that they want to progress like a hardcore player in a 1/4 of the time put in.
    I put "casuals" in quotes because that term is just about meaningless at this point.

Back in vanilla WoW casual vs hardcore simply meant how ridiculously grindy the game was. Vanilla was considered low on grind compared to the competition at the time! Vanilla was grindy as fuck by today's standard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I never hitted lvl 60 during vanilla. I never got to raids in vanilla/BC. But that didnt bother me at all. There was allways something to do to reach your goal. I remember inspecting raiders and thinking like "whoah that guy has been in that raid, I wanna be like that someday". There was that mystic, excitement and adventure feeling. Not anymore. Every1 looks the same. No1 cares about raiding guilds. No1 cares about players. How is that a good game? I just dont get it how ppl wanted the game to be like this. How ppl can enjoy this game anymore when everything is just given for you free.
    But then there are other players like me, who could not care less what other people are wearing or what content they have completed. The only time I ever had a mystic, excitement and adventure feeling was when I was a new player, and that's the same for everything in life. You get familiar with something, it is not going to inspire the same feelings of excitement and adventure it once did. You can't have an adventure with something you are very familiar with. And no, everything is not given to you for free. I can't buy top end arena gear and I can't get into heroic raids because I have not put in the time and effort to acquire either. And that's fine. Today's game, where non-hardcore players can still participate and see endgame content without having to treat the game like a second job, is far superior in every way except perhaps the social front, which I don't care about anyway. I don't want to have to coordinate with a guild to be able to see content, my schedule is pretty screwy.

And people have never looked more different than now, thanks to transmog. It's when I started playing that everyone looked the same and you could tell exactly what gear they were wearing. Today's visuals are a lot better thanks to transmog.

What you're describing is the feeling of a new game. That doesn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    It's a completely different game now. It honestly did used to be a game with a huge journey - even after you got to the "end" and started raiding, there was tons of stuff to do that had little to nothing to do with raiding (or PvP). Now, Blizzard shoves you into the narrow endgame, and then wonders why people burn through it so fast. Lately, they've added on facebook-style mini-games, and made a few half-hearted stabs at something beyond raiding, which is at least _something_ but not exactly what WoW used to be.

As far as twitchy, "kill this thing in front of you", now here's some 'points', games go, I suppose WoW may be pretty good. Idk, because that's not what I play games for. So I don't really mind people who think current WoW is 'good', its just the people who claim that its the same game, and the old WoW was 'bad'. Classic WoW didn't get 12 million subbed players by being bad - it was a different game.
    Classic wow never achieved 12 million subs, that was WOTLK and oh no. It's when well-fare epics were introduced! What is this all about, and also please, please tell me you are a high-end raider and did actually kill Garrosh when it was relevant progression on HC, if not I really do not see your point as being solid. ''This game takes no time'', but if you actually wanted to be a part of the progression it took time and effort, how is the end game any more narrow than it used to be? Now lets see, there are still raids, check - There is still pvp with different gear, actually more battlegrounds and arenas, hmm now what else? Oh right you do not have to do a quest to get into a raid, but instead you can play one of these ''mini-games'' if you wish to spend excess amount of time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    But then there are other players like me, who could not care less what other people are wearing or what content they have completed. The only time I ever had a mystic, excitement and adventure feeling was when I was a new player, and that's the same for everything in life. You get familiar with something, it is not going to inspire the same feelings of excitement and adventure it once did. You can't have an adventure with something you are very familiar with. And no, everything is not given to you for free. I can't buy top end arena gear and I can't get into heroic raids because I have not put in the time and effort to acquire either. And that's fine. Today's game, where non-hardcore players can still participate and see endgame content without having to treat the game like a second job, is far superior in every way except perhaps the social front, which I don't care about anyway. I don't want to have to coordinate with a guild to be able to see content, my schedule is pretty screwy.

And people have never looked more different than now, thanks to transmog. It's when I started playing that everyone looked the same and you could tell exactly what gear they were wearing. Today's visuals are a lot better thanks to transmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What you're describing is the feeling of a new game. That doesn't last.

All three of you missed the point that he always had something to do because he hadn't seen everything. In todays WoW, you DO see everything, not so back then. That's why this games pace is too fast, you see everything you want to pretty instantly. Seeing nice gear isn't the same as seeing nice gear from SSC/TK and up was in BC.

All three of you missed the point that he always had something to do because he hadn't seen everything. In todays WoW, you DO see everything, not so back then. That's why this games pace is too fast, you see everything you want to pretty instantly. Seeing nice gear isn't the same as seeing nice gear from SSC/TK and up was in BC.
    Yet no one raised a question to if he spends more time in the game now than what he used to before, does he play with the same mind-set of possibly wanting to explore everything and whatnot?

Okay you make an argument that you see everything with flying available, I make an argument that you do not NEED to use flying if you wish to explore everything in a slow phase, not everyone wants to do that. You can do it yourself, players are able to make ''content'' for themselves if they wish and they can even increase the difficulty of a game (See Ironman)

I do not buy for a second that the endgame being extremely difficult to see is a good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Yet no one raised a question to if he spends more time in the game now than what he used to before, does he play with the same mind-set of possibly wanting to explore everything and whatnot?

Okay you make an argument that you see everything with flying available, I make an argument that you do not NEED to use flying if you wish to explore everything in a slow phase, not everyone wants to do that. You can do it yourself, players are able to make ''content'' for themselves if they wish and they can even increase the difficulty of a game (See Ironman)
    I doubt he plays any more now. You could play a good bit and still take a long time to get to 60 then. And even at 60 he didn't just hop into LFR and do the whole end game raid within a weekl or 2.
    And none of those things are fun other than to say you did it. It's like fighting someone with an arm tied behind your back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I do not buy for a second that the endgame being extremely difficult to see is a good design.
    I do not buy for a second that the endgame being extremely easy to see is a good design.

And where did I say that to begin with?

I doubt he plays any more now. You could play a good bit and still take a long time to get to 60 then. And even at 60 he didn't just hop into LFR and do the whole end game raid within a weekl or 2.
    And none of those things are fun other than to say you did it. It's like fighting someone with an arm tied behind your back.

So you are making an argument that because the game now has more than one difficulty setting it's boring due to taking the choice to play on ''easy'' instead of ''hard'', maybe you should increase your difficulty and it'd get hard and ''interesting'' again. Try to get those world first kills, get to the top ladder of pvp in order to achieve the tittle / mount.

You are making the choice to play on ''easy''.

- If seeing content, no matter what difficulty it is, is the only goal then yes the game is now ''easier'' and more accessible, but why is that a bad thing? The harder option is still there for those who play the game for challenge, I truly cannot see how wider audience is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Lafdet; 2014-07-31 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    So you are making an argument that because the game now has more than one difficulty setting it's boring due to taking the choice to play on ''easy'' instead of ''hard'', maybe you should increase your difficulty and it'd get hard and ''interesting'' again. Try to get those world first kills, get to the top ladder of pvp in order to achieve the tittle / mount.

You are making the choice to play on ''easy''.
    Let's not play this game.

And even at 60 he didn't just hop into LFR and do the whole end game raid within a weekl or 2.
    For some of us there is still fun even in LFR. That aside, it's kinda silly if you think that content is simply done because you beat it on easy mode. That's like saying "this bike race is already done because someone took me around it on a motorcycle earlier." One has not "done the whole end game raid" because they were there in LFR.

Let's not play this game.
    Then don't start the game yourself.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    For some of us there is still fun even in LFR. That aside, it's kinda silly if you think that content is simply done because you beat it on easy mode. That's like saying "this bike race is already done because someone took me around it on a motorcycle earlier." One has not "done the whole end game raid" because they were there in LFR.
    It's more like playing a golf course from the white tees and them moving back to the black. Yea it's harder but it's the same course. No one wants to do SoO or any other raid that much.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Then don't start the game yourself.
    I didn't, that was 2 posts in a row of people trying to put words in my mouth.

It's more like playing a golf course from the white tees and them moving back to the black. Yea it's harder but it's the same course. No one wants to do SoO or any other raid that much.
    I'm sorry, but that's what is WoWs core. You repeat the same thing over and over and over again, you do the same raid over and over to get the best gear. You grind same dungeons to be able to enter a raid (vanilla concept) if this is not satisfying to you as a model then possibly the aspect of an MMORPG is not for you.

Not to mention some (many) high end raiders skip the ''white'' course and go straight into black and thus end up doing less of the same raid. I wouldn't say the difference is huge, anyway.

And, uh.. The fact that there ARE many high-end raiding guilds kind of proves that people DO indeed wish to do just that, repeat the same thing over and over.
    Last edited by Lafdet; 2014-07-31 at 06:57 AM.

It's more like playing a golf course from the white tees and them moving back to the black. Yea it's harder but it's the same course. No one wants to do SoO or any other raid that .
    Bad example you made there. I know masses of people who play on the same golf track every week.

The same as I alluded to a new PvP season. According to the content hate boys, that was no content ...

Someone should say to FiFa and NLF that they need to change the terrain every 3 months to have some competition content.

Apparently they do it wrong for 100+ years already ... . Never mind 2 billion people play their competitions every year: they need new terrain..!

It pretty much shows what a terrible trolling community WoW has over all these successful years.

LoL has ONE map, Diablo games overall sold into 50 million + copies over doing the same grinding content.

WoW 2014 has simply TOO MUCH content. Everyone skips HUGE parts of the content and just joins the NARROW part he likes and then ... complains ??? WTF... Nobody cares if you don't do pet battles, or e-sports, or BG's or hunting rare spawns or collecting a zillion other stuff, but please don't make yourself ridiculous by stating WoW has no choices of content.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-07-31 at 07:51 AM.