(WoD) my 2 intended mains are eng/ench & ench/inscription.

I will probably focus on only two characters in wod (to hone pvp skills). My warrior is max eng/enchanting and my priest is max inscription/enchanting. I'm looking to alter it to a better money making setup for WoD launch.

Now I would like to keep engineering on my warrior because of the glider. I actually use it enough and would feel naked without it. I'm less married to enchanting. My priest's enchanting is my most likely to be changed profession so I may or may not drop it on my warrior. I'm thinking about herbalism for my priest (also a scribe).

I realistically I wouldn't play a farming alt. I'd rather farm with a character I actually want to play, while queued for bgs or dungeons. That's why I consider picking up at leat one gathering prof.

I'm just debating if I should make an attempt to play a scribe since its the only one I have. I missed the boat with darkmoon cards in mop and its my understanding you can only do well with it if you have multiple scribes.

You could go BS/Eng on your Warrior and drop herbalism for Mining on your priest. That way you have a gathering prof and it also supplies two of your primary profs, since enchanting is standalone and won't really need tailoring for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    You could go BS/Eng on your Warrior and drop herbalism for Mining on your priest. That way you have a gathering prof and it also supplies two of your primary profs, since enchanting is standalone and won't really need tailoring for it.
    Did you mean drop inscription on my priest? It does not have herbalism.

Also, I've never really done much with my blacksmith alt besides craft a bop weapon in burning crusade and extra sockets. Are belt buckles and weapon chains the main money makers for that profession? It seems like an expensive prof to skill up when I have an alt (that I might level bs with but probably not focus on the character itself). Granted I did not mention I have a bs in the op.

Sorry, that's what I meant to say. Actually, you know what, I'm not even sure how things will pan out in WoD so if you're referring to that, I might have to retract my statements. I know i sort of share your sentiments because though I have like 7/8 toons, I don't have enough time to focus on all of them. I can perhaps focus on 2/3.

I always level up my profs and try and be as self-sustainable as possible meaning I end up getting alts to max level for the sake of professions. Maybe Garrisons will help me alleviate that burden. Engineering is my favourite profession that I have on all my 'mains' for pvp and general fun.

I tend to like Alchemy because I'm a transmute master and it's easy money for a lazy/casual player like me. Enchanting is also nice because I like the whole 'recycling' aspect of it and not being wasteful. Perhaps my ramblings will give you something to think about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Also, I've never really done much with my blacksmith alt besides craft a bop weapon in burning crusade and extra sockets. Are belt buckles and weapon chains the main money makers for that profession? It seems like an expensive prof to skill up when I have an alt (that I might level bs with but probably not focus on the character itself). Granted I did not mention I have a bs in the op.
    Extra sockets (on gloves and bracers) are BS combat perk which are being removed in WoD.

Belt buckles typically will be good since sockets are going to be more rare in WoD. However, MoP buckles required a transmute (Living Steel) to make so without an Alchemist, you'll have to buy the transmute (assuming that the WoD belt buckle also requires a transmute, has not been datamined yet).

Weapon chains (while nice for PvP) have not been a very good seller on the few markets that I've looked at but that was merely back in Cata.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seconding what Gestapo said, I think your main should go Eng/BS, and your second in command should go Mining/JC or Mining/Enchanting. Blacksmithing will be good of course for the early epics, and throughout for the BoE you can sell. Engineering is going to be really convenient in a non-flying world. Your garrison can help with mining, so picking up mining isn't an absolute necessity.

Both Enchanting and Jewelcrafting are going to be super profitable especially early in the expansion. Jewelcrafting is profitable, as long as you are willing to buy out the outliers who don't know how to auction properly. I'm sure you can imagine its uses. The changes to JC will reduce the quantity of sales, but you can boost the prices since slots are fewer and jewels have bigger stats (stat squish relative).

Inscription is notorious for being bad for money (except with new stuff, there's no turn over). Glyphs are one-and-done, DM cards(trinkets) are good for all of one tier, and they will never sell past that first tier. If you can do prof alts, do it, but otherwise, I'd avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    DM cards(trinkets) are good for all of one tier, and they will never sell past that first tier.
    Have you actually tried making gold with a scribe?

DM trinkets still sell just fine. In general they're BiS for CMs.

Inscription is notorious for being bad for money (except with new stuff, there's no turn over). Glyphs are one-and-done, DM cards(trinkets) are good for all of one tier, and they will never sell past that first tier. If you can do prof alts, do it, but otherwise, I'd avoid it.
    I think it depends a little bit on server too, though. Mine's actually quite decent for glyphs. I've probably pulled in around 4/500k over the course of MoP being a somewhat casual glyph seller. Might not be a lot, but it was enough to keep my 8 alts+main in top gear/gems and still get the odd mount here and there with a couple hundred to spare.

I'm more worried because I must have a crap ton of glyphs still sitting in my bank and I'm not sure what's happening to them. I do hope they'll bring in a bunch of popular minor glyphs at least to keep scribes alive besides DMF cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your garrison can help with mining, so picking up mining isn't an absolute necessity.
    Depends on output quantity. If mines only provide X amount of ore but you need Y amount, then there is potential for a bottle neck. Whereas mining secondary removes the cap (on X) provided you can find nodes.

The changes to JC will reduce the quantity of sales, but you can boost the prices since slots are fewer and jewels have bigger stats (stat squish relative).
    I'd be wary about JC. The overall reduction of sockets (as a whole) means there's less need to gem as there are less sockets. Again we'll have to see how frequently tertiary stats (which include sockets) can roll on gear (including crafted items).
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

What level do you need to be in order to start taking advantage of garrisons?

On top of the scribe/ench priest and eng/ench warrior I have (max skill & lvl 90) a tailor/engineer mage, miner/engineer monk, and bs/jc rogue.

I've put in a half assed effort with ore flipping/gem selling on the rogue and make serviceable money. I've got to the point where I don't really play the monk (miner) and just buy cheap ore. I didn't make this clear on the op.

I still intend to make some gold with the jc but don't want to level it up again on another character. I figure if I will farm any of my own herbs or ore, I'd rather do it on a character I want to be playing. That way I can make money/do something while in the queue for bgs/dungeons.

Thus ench on my warrior or ench/inscription are on the possible cutting block. My big question is if I want to try to make money with inscription only having one scribe. I don't see myself being the guy with a bunch of trinkets/cards for sale at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    What level do you need to be in order to start taking advantage of garrisons?
    Depends on your emphasis on Garrisons. They are apart of the leveling content so on one had you can start using them as soon as you unlock them (and continue to do so beyond reaching max level), but Blizzard has made it clear that you don't have to interact with Garrisons till after max level (blueprints can be bought from vendor after questing, probably at higher prices).

My big question is if I want to try to make money with inscription only having one scribe. I don't see myself being the guy with a bunch of trinkets/cards for sale at launch.
    Not sure how fast you'll be able to produce cards/trinkets with just 1 scribe but I did see over on wowhead that there are iron joker cards that can be used (like a joker wildcard) to help you complete decks faster. The main issue will be what are the bottlenecks for making cards in the first place. Is it a supply issue (reagent limit) or a daily CD issue? And I think that hasn't been answered yet (or datamined for that matter).
    ---

I would drop one of the engineering for JC.