Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Versatility and hunters

Hello. Could someone explain how will the secondary stat Versatility affect the hunter class please?

more damage, more healing, less damage taken just like any other class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercay View Post
    more damage, more healing, less damage taken just like any other class
    ehm, thanks for the info...
    i was looking for something more...i mean, is it worth for an hunter stack versatility? or is it better to stack other stats?
    is there anyone at this point of the beta who could help me with some numbers?
    100 versatiliy(human racial at this point) is better than 131 agi (dranei racial) or 150 other stats(panda racial) or +2% crit dmg(dwarf) or + 1% haste( elf ) or +1% crit(worgen)...

Numbers pass hasn't happened yet. Hard to tell at this point.

Deleted
    I don't think that versatility will be an important stat for hunters. But that's a baseless statement at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz said that it wasn't meant to be stacked/that great of a stat.

I could see tanks dry humping it, though.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for all the answers...
    I think i will w8 a bit before creating my hunter for Wod...

i'd just wait for some scaling to be made in the beta......
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    I think Blizz said that it wasn't meant to be stacked/that great of a stat.
    They said it's not meant to be stacked for dps purposes. It's more like a hybrid stat that helps with survivalbility, heal and gives a small amount of +dmg as a bonus.

I just feel like Versatility will be the stats that you never want on your gear, as it will simply take room for your best stats. Unless it's the best, in which case it will be even worse, as Versatility basically compete with the idea of item levels in the first place. So I'm sure that at some point, if versatility is tuned to be best stats, there will be discussion as to what is better between a higher item level gear without versatility or the lower one with it, because they both serve the same purpose.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this stat gone by launch, or next expansion.

I think it'll be good for classes like disc priests, who can double dip on the damage and the healing portion. We'll see when they turn the knobs to tune it though.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think it'll be good for classes like disc priests, who can double dip on the damage and the healing portion. We'll see when they turn the knobs to tune it though.
    They have already stated that versatility will NOT double dip for things like atonement healing or fistweaving in crane stance.

Versatility will never be the best stat for damage, because it also comes with DR. Its nice to have, but if all you want is max dps, its not the stat you'll ever stack - and that's how it's designed.

Versatility is a PvP stat, evidenced by you having to be Revered with your faction's Ashran group to purchase gear with it on it.

However, the way it is set up, it's not useless for PvE. That's their design; to have a stat that is best for PvP but not utterly useless in PvE, like PvP Power was.

Your BETA stat prio currently as BM is: Mastery - Crit/Haste - Versality - Multistrike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Your BETA stat prio currently as BM is: Mastery - Crit/Haste - Versality - Multistrike
    thanks a lot, that' s what i wanted to know...
    if anyone else have something to share about mm/sv please let me know...
    also, if this is the wrong place to be asking those things please let me know where to post...
    sorry for bad english
    Edit: so far ( in the beta) dranei seems to be the right choice ifyou want to roll an ally hunter...
    Last edited by mmoc25264120e6; 2014-08-02 at 08:25 AM. Reason: add new line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin3rd View Post
    thanks a lot, that' s what i wanted to know...
    if anyone else have something to share about mm/sv please let me know...
    also, if this is the wrong place to be asking those things please let me know where to post...
    sorry for bad english
    Edit: so far ( in the beta) dranei seems to be the right choice ifyou want to roll an ally hunter...
    well, there IS http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Beta-Changes but you seem nice so i'm not gonna ride your dick about that:]
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    i asked here because in the 160+ pages on that post there was nothing about races/racials...
    Thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Have you actually done the math? I feel like haste is actually our worst stat and versatility COULD potentially be second.

Versatility isn't supposed to be good for anyone by design. That's why it requires so much more of it to get a substantial % of it compared to other stats. I suspect there will still be specific cases where it's good like disc priests but I definitely don't see Hunters being one of them. The math right now on beta certainly doesn't suggest it either.

Versatility is dead awful. The rating per 1% at level 100 scales slightly slower than other stats (130 rating for 1% at 100 versus at 110 for 1% critical strike) - you are definitely better off stacking mastery and critical strike. The flat damage increase versatility gives just isn't worth it when the potential gain from, say, critical strike, far outweighs it (and the flat damage increase to pets from mastery increases far more from rating than versatility does).

Edit: Completely forgot - roughly 66 rating for 1% multistrike if you round the decimal up, multistrike stacking also > versatility.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I suspect there will still be specific cases where it's good like disc priests but I definitely don't see Hunters being one of them.
    I'm told that disc priests won't be able to double dip in the healing and damage from versatility, so it won't even be good for disc priests either.
    Last edited by Vandler; 2014-08-04 at 01:00 AM.