Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    There is no CRZ on TI? Really? (not sarcasm, real question)

WoW on a flight taxi:

Strange, that look the same, image that!

The only difference is with a flight taxi is you are handcuffed to a forced AFK time, zero immersion. With a personal flying mount you can land anytime to immerse yourself with interesting things on the ground.
    How is this hard to understand? With a flight path you are only up for a short time and don't have unlimited access to the entire world. It returns you to the ground in a predetermined spot, meaning you actually have to see travel the world a little.

I mean with how much you guys love flying you'd think you'd be fine with flight paths being a compromise. You still get to get above the world and have the convenience of quicker travel than running. But you guys just want your OP flying mounts. That's all this is, like someone going through withdrawals playing their now nerfed but used to be OP class. Don't wanna lose the power. A month in people will have adjusted.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    If you can't use flying mount where you will be playing, they are useless. We will all be in Draenor when the expansion is released. Your statement is moronic.
    Not that moronic to point it out when some people act like they're taking it from the whole game. We both know you spend your time in org anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    It is no comparison. It should be freaking obvious how much better the world looks, soaring over the tree tops, dissecting the valleys, skimming the water, cresting that mountain peak, seeing the plains stretch before you as you fly towards the sunset.

Or riding around on the ground, like so many common NPCs.
    This is what kills it. We aren't magical fairies. It completely kills our relationship with the world.

You know what game did flying well, Firefall, though it's not quite same since they use jet pack things. You could fly up a good bit but you have a bar that drains and starts filling when you aren't in the air.

I think something like that on flying mounts would be good. Maybe 30 seconds of ground time per 50-60 seconds of air time or so. Or even make flying work similar to that jousting quest in Cata, though less clunky.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-02 at 12:02 AM.

I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. 6.0 should not have flight. the moment new content comes out (Think the IoT-esque faralon for example) is the moment flight should be enabled for the 6.0 content which, to go off of MoP's cycle, would be 3-4 months in which gives people plenty of time to see the new content hundreds of times, which, will cause that stuff to get stale.

This is why 6.1 flight (Be it limited or not) is the best model that even bash agrees with at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here. 6.0 should not have flight. the moment new content comes out (Think the IoT-esque faralon for example) is the moment flight should be enabled for the 6.0 content which, to go off of MoP's cycle, would be 3-4 months in which gives people plenty of time to see the new content hundreds of times, which, will cause that stuff to get stale.

This is why 6.1 flight (Be it limited or not) is the best model that even bash agrees with at this point.
    Flight is coming 6.1 as it should be. Flight while leveling does trivialize the content. Bash has walked back from his infamous "imagine a world without" speech several times recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

Flight paths are a horrible travel method. Travel was and has always been one of WoWs biggest problems..and that is probably why flight was instituted in the first place.... Now for some dumb ass reason they are thinking about removing it.
    Travel was never a "problem". They want there to be forms of quick travel, but they don't want everything to be instant teleports to everything or it defeats a lot of the point of it being an open world game.

Flight was added because it adds an interesting element to the game and people wanted it. Not just because of convenience, but because it gives more freedom and lets you explore more.

It is stupid to remove it. All that freedom lost. I guarantee that at least some of those people spouting "I'm glad they're removing it. It ruined the game!" will be back on the forums begging to have it back a month or so after the expac releases.

First it's "We don't like people avoiding mobs and stuff because it devalues content, so we're not having flying." (Which is a whole other load of crap that I could type another paragraph or four on just by itself.)

Next it'll be "We don't like people riding past everything so fast. We want them to slow down and look at the world more, so we're removing mounts/lowering mount speed." Or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Not that moronic to point it out when some people act like they're taking it from the whole game. We both know you spend your time in org anyways.
    "You still can fly in old content" is completely flawed logic. Just because there is no reason to pay sub for obsolete content. I'll explain. Let's pretend, that I've followed to advice "Don't like it - don't play it", won't buy WOD and will play in old content only. But there is a problem. This content is already sold. Developers have already got money for it and already spent this money on developing new content. So why should I pay for it? They have to support servers and pay money to their "best in a world" tech support (whose help I have never actually used)? Blizzard have admitted, that supporting the game costs them only 10% of their revenue - all other money are pure profits, that could be spent anywhere, they want. So may be I should pay only 10% of sub for playing obsolete content, cuz I've already bought other 90%? And if we'll take into account, that they also got ingame shop and plenty of paid services, bringing them 20% of totally free revenue - i.e. with zero effort needed, then that will bring us to a ultimate question... Why should I pay any sub for obsolete content? That's how, step by step, we are coming to realization of fact, that F2P games are much more fair then P2P ones. Because sub is only needed to make superprofits via milking money from customers. So no. I won't pay my sub for playing obsolete content. This argument is total BS.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    "You still can fly in old content" is completely flawed logic. Just because there is no reason to pay sub for obsolete content. I'll explain. Let's pretend, that I've followed to advice "Don't like it - don't play it", won't buy WOD and will play in old content only. But there is a problem. This content is already sold. Developers have already got money for it and already spent this money on developing new content. So why should I pay for it? They have to support servers and pay money to their "best in a world" tech support (whose help I have never actually used)? Blizzard have admitted, that supporting the game costs them only 10% of their revenue - all other money are pure profits, that could be spent anywhere, they want. So may be I should pay only 10% of sub for playing obsolete content, cuz I've already bought other 90%? And if we'll take into account, that they also got ingame shop and plenty of paid services, bringing them 20% of totally free revenue - i.e. with zero effort needed, then that will bring us to a ultimate question... Why should I pay any sub for obsolete content? That's how, step by step, we are coming to realization of fact, that F2P games are much more fair then P2P ones. Because sub is only needed to make superprofits via milking money from customers. So no. I won't pay my sub for playing obsolete content. This argument is total BS.
    All because you can't fly in 1 continent? There won't be a large sub loss from this, so just unsub until you can fly if it irks you that much. There isn't much else to say because no flying isn't that game breaking.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-02 at 05:56 AM.

All because you can't fly in 1 continent? There won't be a large sub loss from this, so just unsub until you can fly if it irks you that much. There isn't much else to say because no flying isn't that game breaking.
    This continent - is the only actual content. The only content, for what you have any incentive to pay your sub for. No flying in actual content - no sub. As simple as that. I will play obsolete content for fun, but only when Wow will go F2P, sorry.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    This continent - is the only actual content. The only content, for what you have any incentive to pay your sub for. No flying in actual content - no sub. As simple as that. I will play obsolete content for fun, but only when Wow will go F2P, sorry.
    Like I said, not that game breaking for most.

Like I said, not that game breaking for most.
    Subjective opinion. And subjective opinions - are the strait way to double standards and discrimination. Look. I'm not in that age to play such a kindergarten games, as "who told the last - that is right". There is no reason to repeat the same thousands and thousands times again: everything, that should be told - already told here. If you don't understand something - don't create even more flood via asking to explain it to you again - just reread our posts.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-08-02 at 06:29 AM.

Is that a fact. Please present that fact to me so I don't think you are just some immature kid making up crap. How the hell do you know how people will react?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Flight is coming 6.1 as it should be. Flight while leveling does trivialize the content. Bash has walked back from his infamous "imagine a world without" speech several times recently.
    This isn't about flying while leveling, but at max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    This isn't about flying while leveling, but at max level.
    I really wouldn't mind flying while leveling though, MoP leveling was major PITA, I hated every second of it, and I literally cheered when I got my flying mount. I couldn't be bothered to level my alt. I do get that they want to slow people down while leveling, so we don't eat through first tier like ants. This whole "get the story, bla, bla", you can do the same with flying mounts, just much faster.

But I do get their logic as company, I'd do the same, they want to buy more time, because nothing drop subs like lack of content, and they simply can't produce enough if we're chewing through it. Or they can, but it will be shit.

What's the XP rate atm in Beta, how fast can you gain levels? Or XP ratio is abyssal as it was in MoP where you needed 456119478974 quests to get to 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Narw View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to level my alt.
    Me neither, but I think this has more to do with how quests are setup in Pandaria than with flying. I don't have any problems with Northrend or Cata zones.
    I don't see why Blizzard still wants us to experience the zones from ground view only on the 6th alt. Especially after that many times doing the same activities a bit different can make it a bit more interesting.
    But I do get their logic as company, I'd do the same, they want to buy more time, because nothing drop subs like lack of content, and they simply can't produce enough if we're chewing through it. Or they can, but it will be shit.
    Or instead of releasing big patches like now, release smaller ones that build up to one big event.

I really wouldn't mind flying while leveling though, MoP leveling was major PITA, I hated every second of it, and I literally cheered when I got my flying mount. I couldn't be bothered to level my alt. I do get that they want to slow people down while leveling, so we don't eat through first tier like ants. This whole "get the story, bla, bla", you can do the same with flying mounts, just much faster.

What's the XP rate atm in Beta, how fast can you gain levels? Or XP ratio is abyssal as it was in MoP where you needed 456119478974 quests to get to 90?
    Yah leveling in MoP more then once was dreadful.

Thankfully both my wife and I had the two person flying mounts so we would just powerlevel each other through the content. Although it would have been nice to be able to play our alts together no flight and MoP just didn't make that fun. so we did the one max level that could fly and one alt that couldn't.

6.1 isn't coming out one month for launch as Blizz didn't like that set up that they did for MoP. Basically, they are going to attempt to milk the no flying stance as long as they can to buy themselves time since they are so far behind trying to get content ready for 6.1 and launch.

Right now, the content of WoD leveling and at level cap is very sparse and spartan like a Korean MMORPG. No quest hubs and professions are so interlinked that WoW's economy will experience what happens in other Koreean grinders that take the same approach (eg shortage of supplies and high demand).

Based on what I have seen of the WoD content and continent itself most people will be bored within one month in but Blizz will try to release 6.1 3 to 4 months post launch of expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    6.1 isn't coming out one month for launch as Blizz didn't like that set up that they did for MoP. Basically, they are going to attempt to milk the no flying stance as long as they can to buy themselves time since they are so far behind trying to get content ready for 6.1 and launch.

Right now, the content of WoD leveling and at level cap is very sparse and spartan like a Korean MMORPG. No quest hubs and professions are so interlinked that WoW's economy will experience what happens in other Koreean grinders that take the same approach (eg shortage of supplies and high demand).

Based on what I have seen of the WoD content and continent itself most people will be bored within one month in but Blizz will try to release 6.1 3 to 4 months post launch of expansion.
    Yah this expac seriously feels like Blizzard is trying to kill their own game.

or maybe just doing a control ed bleed of the subs?

The problem is that they are not that invested into WoW as they have other games to tend to now. Also I am going to disagree with HeelsvsBabyface's latest azchats video where he said the world feels better with no flying.

Yes WoD is larger but the problem is that it is mostly EMPTY. What is the point of having a large world that is empty and lacks content. If Blizz filled the world with content and said no flying then that argument would be more logical than having a no flying stance and then leaving the world empty.

There is nothing to explore on the ground because there is no content. So why the anti flying stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

There is nothing to explore on the ground because there is no content. So why the anti flying stance?
    To slow down the consumption of content silly.

This isn't for the players this is for the Devs.

Cause the things they would have to do to make it so the removal of flight would benefit to the player isn't happening. Look no further then beta.

No flying. Perfect. Playing the beta the flight points and protal system in your garrison works great for transportation. In fact.. I think even a bit faster than flying. The ground has a good road network so getting to place to place without heavy mob problems is possible. Minus a few road ambush points, but hey, thats life in a savage land.

No flying or flying, still excellent game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    No flying. Perfect. Playing the beta the flight points and protal system in your garrison works great for transportation. In fact.. I think even a bit faster than flying. The ground has a good road network so getting to place to place without heavy mob problems is possible. Minus a few road ambush points, but hey, thats life in a savage land.

No flying or flying, still excellent game play.
    except no flying makes things like gathering, pet battles, archeology, etc etc ... into a time consuming tedious chore that isn't really even worth doing.