160 energy seem awesome right?

So I have been looking at the changes for WoD and found a way to get 160 energy. First off you have to be gnome racial Expansive Mind(increases maximum Energy by 5%) with is 5 energy. Then you have Vemon Zest Increases your maximum energy by 15. Then there is the Glyph of Energy: Increases your maximum Energy by 20. And last but not least there is Assassin's Resolve: While wielding daggers, Your maximum Energy is increased by 20. Also I wasn't sure if the racial amount would increase when you add in the other stuff so I just went with the base 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Higher energy cap seems redundant to me unless your energy regen is increased as well. All it will do is give you minor increased burst after a phase or CC chain where you couldn't hit your target and I doubt that it's worth it to sacrifice certain glyphs simply for a higher energy cap >_<

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It adds (and multiplies) up to 163 energy. It's handy, and there isn't really that many glyphs that increases dps. Can probably see use in some fights. Immerseus comes to mind.

Having more energy regardless of regen IS a dps increase, it allows the rogue to pool for when procs happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Higher energy cap seems redundant to me unless your energy regen is increased as well.
    Assassination deals 30% extra dmg with Mutilate and Dispatch when you have the Envenom buff, so you want to pool as much Energy as possible before using Envenom to make sure you get off as many Mutilates and Dispatches as possible during that time window.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Vex View Post
    Assassination deals 30% extra dmg with Mutilate and Dispatch when you have the Envenom buff, so you want to pool as much Energy as possible before using Envenom to make sure you get off as many Mutilates and Dispatches as possible during that time window.
    Meh. Having to wait for energy to get the next attack off is one thing, but having to pool it for an even longer time feels like going against any intuition. I mean, in a fight you want to fight, not sit there doing nothing while the mob can have its way with you. :/
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Meh. Having to wait for energy to get the next attack off is one thing, but having to pool it for an even longer time feels like going against any intuition. I mean, in a fight you want to fight, not sit there doing nothing while the mob can have its way with you. :/
    Seems like you never played Assassination. The entire playstyle revolves around getting at least 2 mutilates/3 Dispatches in 1 Envenom buff.

If you don't like the playstyle, then Combat is the spec for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Having more energy regardless of regen IS a dps increase, it allows the rogue to pool for when procs happen.
    Also gives more breathing room when you're dealing with heroism/haste procs as combat, though I don't know how the spec plays in WoD. Maybe they've toned down energy regen.
    Look! Words!

I don't understand why people seem to think max Energy is useless and Energy regen is the only thing that matters. If you have any reason to pool energy (Envenom, FW, Vendetta maybe) then increasing your max energy is a dps increase.

There's also what foxHeart said.
    Last edited by Feris; 2014-08-02 at 08:38 PM.

It should also help a bit in terms of not wasting energy during transitions, and getting some good burst when we can get back to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Feris View Post
    I don't understand why people seem to think max Energy is useless and Energy regen is the only thing that matters. If you have any reason to pool energy (Envenom, FW, Vendetta maybe) then increasing your max energy is a dps increase.

There's also what foxHeart said.
    Because most of the people are forum heroes and dont actually bother to play and think.Right now at Max gear levels it is close to impossible to not get energy capped during killing spree and adrenaline rush as combat can u see why bigger energy cap could be useful here? as assassination as stated above it is all about juggleing your envenom buff and it becomes even more relevant in wod because of the extra damage mut/dispatch do while you have it on.As subtlety pooling before dances //vanishes so u can squeeze max builders//finishers during find weakness also seems good i think .
    Last edited by Sturmgewehr86; 2014-08-03 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Because most of the people are forum heroes and dont actually bother to play and think.Right now at Max gear levels it is close to impossible to not get energy capped during killing spree and adrenaline rush as combat can u see why bigger energy cap could be useful here? as assassination as stated above it is all about juggleing your envenom buff and it becomes even more relevant in wod because of the extra damage mut/dispatch do while you have it on.As subtlety pooling before dances //vanishes so u can squeeze max builders//finishers during find weakness also seems good i think .
    Currently Combat BIS sims at close to 8% energy overflow, so having more energy would reduce the time spent at energy cap, thus more dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Why?

We are rogues, skilled assassins who prepare, wait for the exactly right moment, and then hit an enemy with everything we got at once, to dispose him before he has a chance to react. Pooling up energy to unleash our power for this golden moment, is not only intuitive, it fits our entire class design perfectly. What does NOT fit our design, is mindlessly lashing out at everything we can reach, whenever we can. That's the warriors.

BTT: Yes, the amount of energy we can pool in WoD is amazing, and especially as an assassination-fanboy, I am really looking forward to it. Not only for the amount of pooling we can do, but ramping up will be so much easier, with 160 energy at my disposal when the foght starts.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-03 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangz View Post
    Currently Combat BIS sims at close to 8% energy overflow, so having more energy would reduce the time spent at energy cap, thus more dps.
    That is the point i was making.
    Last edited by Sturmgewehr86; 2014-08-03 at 12:01 PM.

With the change to Envenom (Perk- Increases the damage of Mutilate and Dispatch while Envenom Buff is up)
    Having that large of an energy pool means you can get a good chunk of Dispatch/Mutilates off in a single Envenom buff. Which is pretty nice.

The only important question in that regard is: who would even consider to play a gnome?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    The only important question in that regard is: who would even consider to play a gnome?
    What, look at this little qt i.imgur.com/ALyrLF9.jpg look at her freckles and tell me you wouldn't play a fem gnome.

I might eat her, and you don't play with your food.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feris View Post
    What, look at this little qt i.imgur.com/ALyrLF9.jpg look at her freckles and tell me you wouldn't play a fem gnome.
    I would definitely play a fem gnome. If you backstab her multiple times, eviscerate, and stick some reeds in the cuts, you get a nice bagpipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female gnomes are epic.