Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    This is actually the only aspect of demonology aoe I currently dislike. Everything else works fluidly, except that. Who here hasn't been yelled to death on Mumble for wanting to AoE the wyrmlings on Megaera or something similar in the past?
    Magmaw parasites. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    You could do both of those, the main thing though was to watch timers and be ready to teleport out, and of course have Soulshatter at a very easy bind.

I noticed Doom's damage now is, well pathetic frankly. I presume this is to balance against the AoE application from Cataclysm. Frankly, I'd prefer Doom to stay strong, and Cataclysm to apply Corruption, even in Meta; at least that way it'd help Fury generation to help sustained AoE.

I honestly don't know what to think about doom anymore in the new age of dynamic scaling dot ticks. The fact that doom has such a long duration between ticks leads me to believe that it could have some erratic behavior and vary wildly in damage from pull to pull or at the least Imp spawning if it every gets fixed.

I of course have no actual stats to back this up, but its something that worries me and something I might try messing with in the next few days.

I do hate that Doom is almost completely useless for leveling tho. I actually felt like Affliction out performed demo while leveling going into Spires of Arak. Which I honestly didn't think was going to happen, but by the time I got there I started using UA in addition to Agony and Corruption for mass mob tagging while Demo only had Corruption so things started taking longer to die making it not a very viable strat. Also at that point Wrathguard was starting to get wrecked compared to a Voidlord and Affliction's multi dots led to better self sustain and pet healing with Soul Link which is completely screwed up if you ask me. Demo Should have the easiest time sustaining a pet and it's actually Affliction. Even if your Voidwalker dies you just instant summon another one with a soul shard and it just taunts the mob and keeps tanking. I soloed Gom a level 100 Elite in Frostfire Ridge with like 4.5m HP as affliction it just took 10 minutes and 4-5 instant summon pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    kinda like MF offers nothing for destro for a whole xpac either? and you cant deny that thematically, charred remains makes sense too but i will agree cataclysm makes a lot of sense for destro but it simply has a too long cd and tbh too little dmg for such a long cd imo.
    MF was the only thing you took in rbg's untill it's shitty new incarnation.
    Only on temple you used KJC.
    Now everyone takes AD because MF is completely useless and the only reason you ever took KJC was for chaos bolts on the move and for temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    kinda like MF offers nothing for destro for a whole xpac either? and you cant deny that thematically, charred remains makes sense too but i will agree cataclysm makes a lot of sense for destro but it simply has a too long cd and tbh too little dmg for such a long cd imo.
    Very long cast as well, feels like you just stop every minute to do this. About as much fun as Invocation, look what happened to that.

At this point, I'd be happy if they were to announce Warlocks weren't going to get a 100 row.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I noticed Doom's damage now is, well pathetic frankly. I presume this is to balance against the AoE application from Cataclysm. Frankly, I'd prefer Doom to stay strong, and Cataclysm to apply Corruption, even in Meta; at least that way it'd help Fury generation to help sustained AoE.
    Didn't Celestalon say somewhere that the Meta mastery bonus is acting up/not working correctly? Because looking at wowhead, Doom has been buffed rather significantly (4004 + 375% of SP in MoP to 600% of SP in WoD), and so it really shouldn't feel super-weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after playing Demo more and to a higher level, I am no longer very thrilled by my overcomplicated Grimoire of Fusion idea, but TY to those who patiently responded to me, haha. ^^

I am, however, still super-excited about this spec and curious to see what happens to it in WoD. It's so amazingly frustrating and convoluted, yet ... more fun than any other RDPS I've played. How does it do that?

Just some quick thoughts from a leveling 75 Demo / old 90 Destro:
    • I'm oddly not that sad they're deleting Dark Apotheosis. After actually playing Demo DPS now, DA feels utterly awful. I don't have a problem with Lock Tanking (I want to so much!), but this isn't the way to do it. Killing the DA glyph is probably an act of mercy.
    • The loss of Demonic Rebirth is pernicious. Many times when Mr. Felguard dies, it's really totally out of my control; I'm not being irresponsible, encounter mechanics are just not kind to pets or pet classes. Nor is trying to sit there channeling Health Funnel when I'm supposed to be doing DPS.
    • The loss of Carrion Swarm & Void Ray, which sounded trivial at first, actually disappoints me. It's not that either are great abilities, it's that they added some flavor and color to an otherwise sort-of empty Meta AoE 'cycle'. And Carrion Swarm just makes you feel cool.

And the T100 talents, hmmm. While they excited me as Destro, as Demo... they kinda don't sound very fun.
    • Demonbolt & Cataclysm are 'neat', but also look like un-needed chores in an already-robust rotation. Also the thought of logistically using a 3-second cast GTAoE fills me with dread.
    • And as for Servitude... honestly... I like all my demons, especially my Felguard. I don't really want to replace them with "super demons" that do everything the other 5 do with only 2 demons. This sounded really cool, until I started thinking about being stuck with a giant toddler made of boulders on all trash pulls / cleaves / soloing and a slooooow 3-second-casting guy with no Felstorm on single-targets ... It sounds more depressing than rewarding. IMO these 2 demons work way better as extra tools, not replacing your entire colorful stable.
    • I would honestly probably just pick whatever non-Servitude feels like the least trouble, not care about the 2-3% potential non-optimal DPS loss, and try to minimize the T100 effect on my cycle. Cataclysm I guess? It looks slow and annoying, but doesn't replace my Felguard and is useful on ST, Cleave, and AoE.

But, hopefully I'm wrong and T100 is more fun for Demo than it looks from a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been fine at 2.5s for 9 years, most of that we had to talent to bring it down to that. You cut it down, and the next thing you know everyones up in arms because Haste scales to badly or you have so much haste that you're GCD capping your main filler, or Soul Fire doesn't feel different enough from Shadowbolt so what's the point...
    Back when it was our main nuke I'd agree. Even in Wrath it was a pretty good filler. Now, it just doesn't do enough for it to be on such a long cast time. I'd rather drop it down to 2 seconds or significantly increase its damage and make it a bit more important to Demo aside from fury generation.

This is something I've been saying since the closed Alpha. Doom's backbone was snapshotting, with it gone it's going to largely under perform unless it has some massive changes applied to it. Added to the fact that the tics are still 15 sec apart means that it will largely miss all procs.

Now, the new Demonbolt looks a lot more attractive!

It's exactly what they told us it was going to be.

Imps still bugged not re-entering combat.

Deleted
    Just came back from UBRS.

First impressions: Cataclysm hits like an absolute monster. my minimum hit was 69k. Highest crit was 169k *full hc gear upscaled*

Not that impressed with demonbolt tbh. It will def be the ST option. but it prob will require an add-on to track the cost of the spell. 4stacks was 400fury 5 480 meaning the rotation will be complexer. Which i kinda like.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypantz View Post
    Not that impressed with demonbolt tbh. It will def be the ST option. but it prob will require an add-on to track the cost of the spell. 4stacks was 400fury 5 480 meaning the rotation will be complexer. Which i kinda like.
    Inc Affdots for Demonbolt. I guess it wouldn't necessarily need its own addon to keep track of but it does add a certain something to the rotation which is a good thing all things considered at this point since ST Demo in Beta isn't all that complex.

there's no need to track it, its a steady increase used for burst

80fury- 250% damage
    160fury - 300% damage
    240fury - 350% damage
    320fury - 400% damage
    400fury - 450% damage

Just by looking at the number (someone can do the actual calculation) you'll get the max potential at around 4-5 cast, "MAYBE" (highly doubtful) 6, but at that and/or after its a loss.

so you're looking at

4 cast - 8 sec - 800 fury - 1300%Sp damage
    5 cast - 10 sec - 1200 fury - 1750% Sp Damage
    6 cast - 12 sec - 1680 fury - 2250%Sp damage

lowered by haste, increased by modifiers and such. I Like it. I think it should do a "bit" more overall damage if cost remain the same or reduce cost by a "bit" and i think it'd be perfect for ST.

Can someone prolific with Twitter talk about the imps bug, its been so many builds and its hurting demo testing we losing alot of damage and fury generation taking in consideration that doom does crit a fair amount becuase of the perk

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    there's no need to track it, its a steady increase used for burst

80fury- 250% damage
    160fury - 300% damage
    240fury - 350% damage
    320fury - 400% damage
    400fury - 450% damage

Just by looking at the number (someone can do the actual calculation) you'll get the max potential at around 4-5 cast, "MAYBE" (highly doubtful) 6, but at that and/or after its a loss.

so you're looking at

4 cast - 8 sec - 800 fury - 1300%Sp damage
    5 cast - 10 sec - 1200 fury - 1750% Sp Damage
    6 cast - 12 sec - 1680 fury - 2250%Sp damage

lowered by haste, increased by modifiers and such. I Like it. I think it should do a "bit" more overall damage if cost remain the same or reduce cost by a "bit" and i think it'd be perfect for ST.
    Funny thing is, even with the changes, only the first 2 casts are worth using over MC SF or ToC. So what does this talent in essence boil down to? 550% SP damage over 1 minute (reduced by haste lol) vs 750% SP damage over 1 minute.

Not to mention, Cataclysm has a lower cast time than 2 DBs and less of a Fury cost. It's the clear winner for ST right now. DB needs either some serious buffs or a complete design change in order to not be dead in the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Funny thing is, even with the changes, only the first 2 casts are worth using over MC SF or ToC. So what does this talent in essence boil down to? 550% SP damage over 1 minute (reduced by haste lol) vs 750% SP damage over 1 minute.

Not to mention, Cataclysm has a lower cast time than 2 DBs and less of a Fury cost. It's the clear winner for ST right now. DB needs either some serious buffs or a complete design change in order to not be dead in the water.
    It's supposed to have no fury cost and it also applies Doom which actually saves you 60 fury per target (it's currently broken but when it is fixed this is how it will be).

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    It's supposed to have no fury cost and it also applies Doom which actually saves you 60 fury per target (it's currently broken but when it is fixed this is how it will be).
    ...exactly? 0 (-60) < 240

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    ...exactly? 0 (-60) < 240
    He wasn't disputing what you said.

Deleted
    Grimoire of Synergy seems to only be granting the pet the buff at the moment. Hit a dummy for 5 minutes (plus raid testing for over half an hour with it) and not a single proc that I can see.

Only my pet was receiving the 15% buff.

Edit: Tell a lie, it procced after like 5 minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2014-08-05 at 08:16 PM.