Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    i didn't want to reply here, but this got me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which didn't remove Vanilla content; it altered it. And hell, not even all of it. Most of the original vanilla instances are, more or less, untouched.
    Actually all Classic overworld content (with exception of 40% of Silithus, still Elemental Lieutenants were removed...) was removed. All of original dungeons were altered, some had only minor alterations (e.g., Zul'Farrak - no longer carrot and other similar quests), while most - major (e.g., Sunken Temple was reduced in size by over 80%) - everything with a goal to streamline.

And as look at it now, all of classic content is removed, with some of it being "altered" (or rather dumbed down) to completely different condition. I am not sure why they utterly destroyed classic Deadmines, which was one of newbie signature dungeons of the game, and replaced it with some... meh.

Shendralar, D1->D2 with optional summoned bosses, ghost questline, etc... if most of original instances are, more or less, "untouched", then where are those factions, quests, keys, unlocks, etc.? Point at at least one instance which wasn't tainted.

But what to say, WoD brings 4 leveling dungeons and people are happy (and 1 of those dungeons is... 1 room?), meanwhile another classic dungeon gets bastardized (instead of getting another version of itself).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    i didn't want to reply here, but this got me:

Actually all Classic overworld content (with exception of 40% of Silithus, still Elemental Lieutenants were removed...) was removed. All of original dungeons were altered, some had only minor alterations (e.g., Zul'Farrak - no longer carrot and other similar quests), while most - major (e.g., Sunken Temple was reduced in size by over 80%) - everything with a goal to streamline.

And as look at it now, all of classic content is removed, with some of it being "altered" (or rather dumbed down) to completely different condition. I am not sure why they utterly destroyed classic Deadmines, which was one of newbie signature dungeons of the game, and replaced it with some... meh.

Shendralar, D1->D2 with optional summoned bosses, ghost questline, etc... if most of original instances are, more or less, "untouched", then where are those factions, quests, keys, unlocks, etc.? Point at at least one instance which wasn't tainted.

But what to say, WoD brings 4 leveling dungeons and people are happy (and 1 of those dungeons is... 1 room?), meanwhile another classic dungeon gets bastardized (instead of getting another version of itself).
    It's impossible to argue with this mish-mash of subjective, nostalgic nonsense.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Isn't ironic that a company that has billions of dollars of revenue each year, pushes out content patches for their MMO at a rate slower than all the other companies making MMOs in the industry?

Now this is not a game vs game thread so dont turn it into that.

But its sad quite frankly that WoW has 1 year luls between content, and other games have awesome content being pushed out every two weeks, every month, or every other month (GW2, Rift, and SWTOR being a good example of this). The other sad thing is that these other games have free to play models.

So why pay for something when you can get more for free?
    I think the ironic thing is that people who complain about this still play. The irony is the company that puts out content the SLOWEST still makes more money and has more subs than other games. Many games don't even dare put a subscription on their game because they know it scares ADD kids off.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Yeah, we've got '10 years worth of content' -- that I've been doing for 10 years. I'm sure everyone currently subbed to wow hasn't killed Garrosh on 25 man Heroic with only hunters in the group or reached /9999 exalted on every bloody rep in the game. But that doesn't make it okay to have a drought this long. Not for a company with as much experience and resources.
    Our Guild is at boss 7 Heroic right now. It is a well build guild with ~ 100 players with around 25 raiding members. I hardly join them as I mostly play PvP. The guild is in the hands of a RL friend since 2006.

Of course every time I point out to new PvP seasons, monthly/seasonal content, pet battles ... it is called out as no content by these strange people who just play the last Raid...

However 85% of WoW players do other things than raiding and have fun for years to come.

I constantly need to wade out things as in Mop there is always something to go for. I scrapped Pet Battles for now, as I need to stay on other priorities in the game.

I want to be fully ready with 3 avatars and 4 professions when WoD strikes and I think I am only on 40% of my set out goals.

The content argument for ACTIVE WoW players is a non issue. Too much to go for these days. If you only wanna play 10% of the end game, that's your decision.

Anyway: the normal content cycle in WoW has always been 6 months with an extended period to around 10 months at the end of an expansion. The success over 10 years is there and proves that the mechanics work.

The ONLY time Blizzard pushed out new Raid content too fast it was terible even: like Ulduar': the best Raid ever, was over after 4 months. Everyone complained back then ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-03 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's impossible to argue with this mish-mash of subjective, nostalgic nonsense.
    Or maybe it would be harder than impossible for some people, at whom WoW is aimed today, to finish classic Sunken Temple or even understand the actual purpose of dungeons?

You call it "nostalgic"? Back in time, when Blizzard was still counted as slow at releasing new content, we actually had:
    1. More content. Even in WotLK people had Ruby Sanctum at this point, at least something new.
    2. This content was more lasting. Not few tunnel'ish dungeons once in expansion, with quests at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Blizzard just know their fan base. When you have millions of people who are happy with literally nothing why would you spend money making content?
    No truer words have been spoken. I don't know what's worse, the amount of time it takes them to pump out content compared to any other modern game (not even just a MMO), or the sad large amount of people who are completely okay with this. Sometimes I wonder if they even know what else is out there, that you don't have to wait an entire year for new content elsewhere.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Or could it be that some people don't care about the payment method of a game? They will play the game they enjoy the most either way. This may also shock you. Some people play more than one game. Can you believe that shit? Wacky!
    Yes, that's true. Where they find the time to play more than one MMO is what boggles my mind. That is alot of free time. You'd have to be a total shut in to progress in multiple mmos.

I'm not knocking anyone's pastimes at all, I've just always wondered where people find the time to do that much gaming or why they'd even want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    No truer words have been spoken. I don't know what's worse, the amount of time it takes them to pump out content compared to any other modern game (not even just a MMO), or the sad large amount of people who are completely okay with this. Sometimes I wonder if they even know what else is out there, that you don't have to wait an entire year for new content elsewhere.
    You know, I've quit WoW many times to play a different MMO (not both at the same time due to the issue I just talked about), and they just don't hold my interest very long. There is always something about it that makes me think "I'd be better off doing this on my WoW toon. I don't think I'll be playing this game much longer." They've all felt very unfinished or just wonky in general.

Rift, ARR, Warhammer (lol), Aion, and many other AAA titles just fell a bit flat for me. I don't know what it is. I came from FFXI which I absolutely loved, but I didn't have the time needed to progress in that game. WoW gave me a nice middle ground I guess.