Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has anyone tested the racials?

I was wondering if anyone has tested the impact of racials on hunter dps? Does Draneai look to be on top? How does the human and dwarf look? Does the shift from crit to haste change dps for Nelfs? How do they compare to the existing horde racials?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Testing now is pointless, numbers pass hasn't happened. Until at least pass 1, don't bother even trying to figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Testing now is pointless, numbers pass hasn't happened. Until at least pass 1, don't bother even trying to figure it out.
    Even if we haven't had a numbers pass you should be able to see which one nets more DPS, unless they plan on tweaking racial bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human is the best by a wide margin. I already began the transfer of a select few toons.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Human is the best by a wide margin. I already began the transfer of a select few toons.
    I wouldn't go that far. Unless you have some kind of quantitative data to back it up you probably shouldn't say one is better by a "wide" margin.

Orcs and Trolls still offer on demand burst which is becoming a rare commodity with all the cooldown pruning. They may not be the very best but they'll always be pretty good because of that.

Pretty sure you can't beat Gnome for PvP now. 1 min CD Root/Snare break, esp. for Melee, is dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Pretty sure you can't beat Gnome for PvP now. 1 min CD Root/Snare break, esp. for Melee, is dominating.
    Gnome hunters will never be a thing

Orc for horde and, depending on tuning, Panda/Human for ally probably
    Retired hunter

hoping pandas stay competitive for ally because i just love em to death.

I guess I'm not seeing my question answered here. I was wondering if anyone has mathed out what an orc dps is with out using its on using its on use dmg increase compared to, the orc using his on use dmg increase compared to Draneai racial to human racial, to dwarf, to every other race. The percent increase to unbuffed race should be static across the board, and would not be affected by dmg tuning since we are looking at how much of a dps increase it is. So if an orc who does not use blood fury does 10k dps and orc who uses it does 11k dps or 10% increase, Dwarf does 10.5k so 5% ect ect. thats what I'm looking for. thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    I guess I'm not seeing my question answered here. I was wondering if anyone has mathed out what an orc dps is with out using its on using its on use dmg increase compared to, the orc using his on use dmg increase compared to Draneai racial to human racial, to dwarf, to every other race. The percent increase to unbuffed race should be static across the board, and would not be affected by dmg tuning since we are looking at how much of a dps increase it is. So if an orc who does not use blood fury does 10k dps and orc who uses it does 11k dps or 10% increase, Dwarf does 10.5k so 5% ect ect. thats what I'm looking for. thank you.
    The reason I said it's pointless to try right now is because there hasnt been a numbers pass yet. You won't get a proper idea until at least one has been done, and a more concrete idea until at least three tuning passes have been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Does BE's one restore focus or is it useless to hunters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Does BE's one restore focus or is it useless to hunters?
    It does.

And the passive isn't useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    The reason I said it's pointless to try right now is because there hasnt been a numbers pass yet. You won't get a proper idea until at least one has been done, and a more concrete idea until at least three tuning passes have been done.
    I'm asking for percentage increase, NOT damage output. Number tuning affects the Damage, NOT the percentage. I'm looking for percentage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    then again who wants to play a gnome

10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed Orc to 1% increases pet damage, so my guess would be blood elf, Tauren, and panda are pretty close to the best. All races should be fairly close and it's going to be as minor as minor gets in terms of what is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    I'm asking for percentage increase, NOT damage output. Number tuning affects the Damage, NOT the percentage. I'm looking for percentage.
    I haven't done any maths. I doubt anyone has paid that much time into caring yet. My suspicions are the proraiders kids will go Orc/Troll or whatever is 0.1% highest. You'll likely see most top players playing things like Worgen and Dwarf, who have insane utility in the new meta. I suspect Belf will be popular also. I'm surprised we've not seen some top guilds go alliance yet, as they certainly seem to have a pretty good deal. But to answer your question, No.

Yeah, I'm wondering about this too. Would Orc still be best for Horde side if everything stays like what it is now? Free Burst and 1% pet damage, or would BE (1% crit passive) and tauren (2% crit inc. dmg) / troll (haste) will catch up?

Here's my 2 cents, play the race you want to play. Everybody is so concerned about being the best, when you all forget it is at its heart still a mmorpg, aka role playing game, even with the less amounts of role play that happen in the game now. make your character whatever you want to make it, if your dps is down 0.5% or 1-2% because you chose one race over the other oh well, play what you enjoy playing as, don't make others or what info is out choose it for you.