Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Removal of fel flame (what are we supposed to cast now?)

As an AD user i find the removal of fel flame very strange. What are we supposed to cast while moving now? Im really just confused wtf are we going to do while moving?

affliction - transformation complete - started with changing into channeling class, then they gave us kjc only to take it away. ele/sp spec
    and they want us to cast a dot while moving? is that a freakin joke man? i mean seriously? oh i gotta run spam corruption spam it!

demo - cant move unless its using meta form. this sucks bc you lose all your fury when you have to move. cant cast fel flame like a good player would.
    pretty confused about that and what were going to do... i guess not play demo

destro - i actually have no idea what were going to cast while moving... i simply cannot think of something we could be doing... maybe taking a drink of our beer bc the stress of not having fel flame has led us all to be alcoholics

i mean seriously wtf are they thinking?

try not moving

Bit of an over exaggeration and pretty sure it is bait but I'll bite.

Affliction - you are supposed to re-do your dots while on the move, between making optimal use of your portal and gateway (fuck your raid unless the gateway is REQUIRED it is YOURS to use as a personal) you shouldn't find it too hard to minimize movement though this spec is obviously the most heavily affected by movement changes.

Demon - Realistically nothing here changes, you'll still use meta to move just like you would have on live because KJC really isn't worth it except on rare occasions for demo because meta makes it incredibly mobile. You should easily be able to fit in most of your fury into your cds and procs still, I would LOVE to them remove the fury cost from demon leap as well, you can also refresh corruption use your hand of guldan maybe even pop imp swarm to use as a mobility ability. Of course your portals and gateway as well.

Destro - With the rare chance Charred remains makes it to live this spec becomes less affected by movement than affliction since missing out on procs isn't as bad as originally. You can pool Conflagrates to use, rain of fire on movement, portal and gateway, we certainly aren't going to be incredibly mobile but we have it just as bad as ele shamans or shadow priests (maybe a little worse than s priest depending on luck and talents) at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Realistically nothing here changes, you'll still use meta to move just like you would have on live because KJC really isn't worth it except on rare occasions for demo because meta makes it incredibly mobile. You should easily be able to fit in most of your fury into your cds and procs still, I would LOVE to them remove the fury cost from demon leap as well, you can also refresh corruption use your hand of guldan maybe even pop imp swarm to use as a mobility ability. Of course your portals and gateway as well.
    You don't wanna use ToC too much for movement, it can make a mess of your Fury cycle. You also have to take into account the cooldown on Meta, you can't just pop in and out for a couple of GCDs, especially if CDs are coming up for use.

Deleted
    I remember when casters barely moved at all...

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    I remember when casters barely moved at all...
    I remember when raid encounters were largely stand-still fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    try not moving
    Try that on Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

See how quickly it takes you to die, and probably kill half the raid on top of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Try that on Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

See how quickly it takes you to die, and probably kill half the raid on top of that.
    Too bad Siegecrafter is obsolete content. Try Twin Ogron, Gruul, Beastlord, Butcher. Protip: it works.

I really wish they'd cut it out with the "OMG CASTERS SHOULDN'T MOVE! Here, have yet another boss where you have to move every few seconds".

.......sigh.

Which is it, Blizz? We're supposed to move constantly or we're not?

Apparently they think casters should be doing dirt poor DPS because they have to keep interrupting casts to get out of the "LOL YOU DIE NOW" AoE stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Too bad Siegecrafter is obsolete content. Try Twin Ogron, Gruul, Beastlord, Butcher. Protip: it works.
    Siegecrafter is not obsolete until 6.0.1. The new changes take effect in 6.0.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post

Apparently they think casters should be doing dirt poor DPS because they have to keep interrupting casts to get out of the "LOL YOU DIE NOW" AoE stuff.
    Numbers can be easily tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Siegecrafter is not obsolete until 6.0.1. The new changes take effect in 6.0.0.
    It's a transitional period of a few weeks. Overall, I'd say it's a good change. Casters were getting more and more mobility which led to Blizzard having to give more and more CC to melee in PVP. For PVE I don't mind having to interrupt my casts to move away from AoE damage. Might be even more challenging having to time/pool my CDs and instant casts with the boss' incoming damage.

Deleted
    you should look at it that way: warlock is getting harder again. blizz said several times they want an "easy to learn, hard to master" gameplay, and thats exactly what it is. The "rotations" arn´t that hard anymore (if you could actually say that any roation ingame is close to hard), but now you have to figure out how to move and what to do while moving to get the best out of your specc. although I agree that while demo and affli can start multidotting, destro got to less options to do while moving (the only thing i can think of is to spare one conflagrate for moving, but thats not enough). Maybe a destro-only felflame would fit in, since its anyway very limited due to the high mana costs for destro. adding charges to felflame would also prevent a non-stop spamming while moving. 2-3 charges, one charge recovering every 7 seconds? would be enough i guess
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2014-08-04 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    you should look at it that way: warlock is getting harder again.
    When on earth was warlock hard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    When on earth was warlock hard?
    it says "harder", not "hard". harder then they are now

Deleted
    Fel flames always been a waste of time other than its meta version

If they want us casting while moving just make our filler spells castable while moving which is what the new KJC is going to do I believe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    which is what the new KJC is going to do I believe
    what do you mean with "new"? have they announced another KJC revamp?

Deleted
    what do you mean with "new"? have they announced another KJC revamp?
    or the live version tbh I haven't paid attention to KJC since it allowed full on the move casting for a small movement speed debuff

but anyway my point is if they want us to cast on the most why have a separate ability when their removing button bloat, making our fillers castable kills 2 birds with one stone

Deleted
    it says "harder", not "hard". harder then they are now
    Warlocks have always been easy to play, and always will be, like the majority of caster-types. Heck, back in TBC Sunwell all we had to do was apply curse of shadows, and then spam shadowbolt.

Deleted
    Warlocks have always been easy to play, and always will be, like the majority of caster-types. Heck, back in TBC Sunwell all we had to do was apply curse of shadows, and then spam shadowbolt.
    or spam seed of corruption

funniest part of that was not only was it spam one button for single and AoE but you was also top of the DPS

Deleted
    which part of "harder" don´t you understand? "easy mode" is harder then "hello kitty mode", but that doesn´t mean it´s hard

Deleted
    I see it as the new challenge. before it was like finding the tewaks and sugarbits in your rotation/procs to get the most bang for the bucks. in WoD it will, cuz of simpler rotations, be to find the best spot to stand, and cast, to get any bang.

tryd some heroics this day. Just do Auchindown (or whatever it is called, the 1. Boss this robothingy) it spawns cracks and pulsating lightorbs. so now stand there (as demo) and try to cast 1 shadowbolt (premade with green gear, scaled up for the HC dungeon). if the orb spawns the instant you start your cast, you are not able to finish it, until the orb explodes. if it spawns a bit later, you may have luck, running out fast enough, to root your feet and try another Shadowbolt. But than the next orb will spawn below your feed.
    I found this boss rather anoying as caster. Maybe with more haste, better gear it will be less so, but right there I hated it and missed moving, while casting allot. (or a solid affliction spec.. but thats another story)