Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BGs need longer respawn times.

-At the moment, dying in a BG has no consequences other than having to wait for a rez for 30 secs tops.

-This leads to bad tactics: mindless zerg, people going 1vs10, people not retreating, people fighting battles they can't win.

-No team can catch a break: if you ever played silvershard, you know what I mean. Just wiped out 10 enemy players in an epic battle? Have fun once they respawn in 10 secs and cap 2 other carts.

-Premades can abuse fast respawns by farming noobies endlessly.

-Dying should be a major setback for your team; dying with no punishment is counterintuitive.

Suggestion solutions:

1) All BGs have inbuilt reinforcements system. 30-40 reinforcement points should suffice for the majority of BGs (you rarely see more than 20 HKs in a BG anyways), and will force people to retreat instead of zerging until they drop dead.

OR

2) Respawn timers exponentially increase: from 30 secs up to 3 mins if you keep dying.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2014-08-04 at 01:34 PM.

As much as I agree with your points, spending half a BG waiting to ress is boring. Besides premades you can't control how good your team is, nor the enemy. Being punished because they got lucky and have 3 healers and you have none sucks and you'll still get camped. That's why it works for rated BGs not random BGs.

Could make it a a fixed respawn timer, sometimes you can ress in as little as 1sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

all this does is make TDMing stronger

If i enter a bg on my gearcapped hunter and cap 4 people in greens in 10 seconds, what, they're out of the game now for like a minute for respawn? atleast 30 seconds isn't too bad.

If you want a reason why long respawns are bad in random soloqueue games , go look at late game LoL, HoTS, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    As much as I agree with your points, spending half a BG waiting to ress is boring. Besides premades you can't control how good your team is, nor the enemy. Being punished because they got lucky and have 3 healers and you have none sucks and you'll still get camped. That's why it works for rated BGs not random BGs.
    Here's an idea... stop doing stupid things that will cause a death. Play strategically and you won't wait half the BG in a graveyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything the ress timers should be individually, not a fixed cycle. If each person has to wait 10-30 seconds before he/she respawns then that will make deaths much scarier. Heck, it would even increase the value of resurrection spells o_o

Disagree completely. It would only slow games down, and make people too concerned about dying to do the objective, or to make an aggressive push. It would also make it even easier for one team to camp the other, so no idea why you thought that was a point in your favor.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also disagree, it would be even more punishing when you matched against a premade and would only encourage GY camping.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

No thanks. I will currently sacrifice myself at a node holding off an attack as long as I can to prevent a cap so reinforcements can arrive, or slow a FC down long enough for my team to grab their flag. If I have to spend a solid minute as a ghost doing something like that, I will simply ignore objectives and only seek easy targets. The objective will become to survive.

The current system is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    -This leads to bad tactics: ... people going 1vs10, people not retreating, people fighting battles they can't win.
    Somebody lost a Silvershard because his team got tanked at lava by a DK or Paladin and fell behind.

Thoughts?
    Should shorten the rez timer to ten seconds. Cry more.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Longer than 30 seconds? No thanks.

lol no, make it 10 seconds.

It's longer in RBGs, and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    No thanks. I will currently sacrifice myself at a node holding off an attack as long as I can to prevent a cap so reinforcements can arrive, or slow a FC down long enough for my team to grab their flag. If I have to spend a solid minute as a ghost doing something like that, I will simply ignore objectives and only seek easy targets. The objective will become to survive.

The current system is fine.
    This is the major flaw with your idea. It will actively discourage people from pulling heroic last stands to stall a team somewhere while the rest of the team gets other objectives. I've lost track of how many times my healer friend and I have held up Alliance zergs on a base while our team backcaps the entire map and we win. Why would we risk 3 minutes in a gy for a 2 minute stall on the other teams push it wouldn't add up. Other flaw is you would get more afks simply cause people will die and start multitasking cause staring at a grey world gets boring after 30 secs, 3 minutes I would probably have started reading a book by then lol.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a God awful idea. I am not going to even bother with BGs if there was a respawn timer higher than one minute(Or whatever the spawn time is in RBGs). I'd probably just watch my other monitor and wait for the superior team to come and destroy our inferior team.

All that would do is promote zerging. Why should I defend a cart solo or with two people when a superior group comes along and wipes us out and we have to wait 3 minutes with the rest of the team? It would become an even bigger battle of zergs where gear and healers would dictate outcome, not skill.

Naw. If there's one thing I absolutely despise about LoL and similar games is how long you gotta wait for the respawn. Makes casual play frustrating.

It's fine as it is. It's just random BGs anyway, who gives a crap?

Hell no. In for example SotA, 30 seconds is already too long when the BG is on a pretty tight timer.

Holy shit, no thanks.

1. 30 seconds is too long as it is.
    2. Constant death already has a built in penalty - it's called losing.
    3. Punishing people isn't how you improve the game.

On beta bg res's are individual there's no getting lucky on the timer anymore. Currently the beta timer for normal bg's is 15secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    Here's an idea... stop doing stupid things that will cause a death. Play strategically and you won't wait half the BG in a graveyard.
    It's a random BG, where people go to have fun and kill shit. If you want to play strategically go play chess. Feel free to spend the extra hour umm'ing and aah'ing over whether to swop pawns. Making respawn timers longer is bad. Anyone who thinks different is being deliberately obtuse to provoke an argument.

Deleted
    I'll just make a constructed post like everyone here.

nope.