10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I totally requested this information.

[/sarc]]
    Just trying to make conversation! LOVE ME, DAMNIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Reminds me of this

Haha, awesome, allthough I really, really, REALLY hate Spongebob Squarepants.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/415211.jpg

more evidence high elves will be an alliance subrace :P

high elven tents can be crafted by alliance blood elven tents can be crafted by horde
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/415211.jpg

more evidence high elves will be an alliance subrace :P

high elven tents can be crafted by alliance blood elven tents can be crafted by horde
    That would be the Kirin Tor elves if im not mistaken which Jaina took over and made into the alliance did she not??

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    That would be the Kirin Tor elves if im not mistaken which Jaina took over and made into the alliance did she not??
    Precisely. CHeck the isle of thunder. Those are Silver Covenant-tents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda love the idea of sub-races but the balancing would be hard since what kind of sub race would worgen have? Heck If they could pull this off id pay for it hehe

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiron View Post
    I kinda love the idea of sub-races but the balancing would be hard since what kind of sub race would worgen have? Heck If they could pull this off id pay for it hehe
    Night Elven Worgen, maybe? Or possibly Northrend Worgen with a more feral appearance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Night Elven Worgen, maybe? Or possibly Northrend Worgen with a more feral appearance?
    I'd approve of this. Though, IMO, they'd need to "retcon" the appearance since the old Worgen model(s) had generally the same shape as the Cata one. You know, skinny proportions, similar sized manes, that kinda stuff. Make 'em a bit buffer with a straighter back and a head that looks more like the new wolves in WoD but with the big teeth the Worgen are known for; Basically, make the "Dire Worgen" something that looks down at those who he speaks to, Humans and Orcs alike, and I'd agree.

I say this stuff because when I think of "Northrend Worgen" I remember the lumberjack looking guys in Grizzly hills. They were human, but like, twice the size of playable humans; big Mofos, you know? Gotta have a were-beast form that matches it, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Garrosh eats buns and tea for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.
    *Sigh* Poor Worgen ladies.

alpha models
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Night Elven worgen.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post

Night Elven worgen.
    they could use the alpha models and retcon it to say thats how night elves looked in worgen form.

also

"@Loreology Is Fel..... Arcane?
    Details

Sean Copeland ‏@Loreology 27 Jun 2013

@MickeyFrogeater Nope! They are two seperate schools of magic. "

now some people can quit trying to tell me fel magic is just "stronger" arcane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    One thing to say to that, I have a Rule 34 WarCraft map with 1008 files,

736 pictures,
    1 sub-map with pictured short stories, each sorted in their own of 17 maps.
    1 sub-map, wich has two sub-maps one with 7 gifs and one with 5 "movies".

So, yeah, waaay ahead of you, haha *cough*
    It helps to come prepared.

For Worgen, I was thinking Northrend Worgen, like more arctic wolf style. Another idea for a Worgen subrace would be Blackhowl, the Worgen pack that was tricked into drinking the black dragonblood. The corruption could have turned them half man, half wolf, half black dragon. There is some potential for coolness there.
    You just lost The Game

15+ Year Old Account
    they could use the alpha models and retcon it to say thats how night elves looked in worgen form.
    Anything to get the alpha models playable, I'm all for.

Sig by Isilrien

It SHOULD NOT be balanced. If you have some extra love for one fictional race in this game over the others, that going to be a problem, but most of us love them all. They should not be contrived. They should be good, solid, strong design elements. The obvious choices are obvious.
    It should be no more balanced than anything is regarding hairstyles or beards or jewelry. Some races have one with strong Warcraft identity in the lore, some are obscure and would just seem not only like token additions, it would add questionable resource budgets.

If I gave Worgen an ethnic/sub race, I'd have you be able to start in Moonglade as a Night Elf woken from the Dream, told of the Curse of the Worgen story events, and freed from the bloodlust of Goldrinn and free from the rule of Alpha.

You then port to Teldrassil after a few custom quest text boxes and some neat chances for NPC interactions bring more to the lore.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It SHOULD NOT be balanced. If you have some extra love for one fictional race in this game over the others, that going to be a problem, but most of us love them all. They should not be contrived. They should be good, solid, strong design elements. The obvious choices are obvious.
    It should be no more balanced than anything is regarding hairstyles or beards or jewelry. Some races have one with strong Warcraft identity in the lore, some are obscure and would just seem not only like token additions, it would add questionable resource budgets.

If I gave Worgen an ethnic/sub race, I'd have you be able to start in Moonglade as a Night Elf woken from the Dream, told of the Curse of the Worgen story events, and freed from the bloodlust of Goldrinn and free from the rule of Alpha.

You then port to Teldrassil after a few custom quest text boxes and some neat chances for NPC interactions bring more to the lore.
    I would be satisfied with an item you right click that poofs you into the sub race. The whole extra lore explanations are fancy and cool and all, but RPers will come up with their own backstories and everyone else won't really care.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

with alpha models! cuz i want meh hair!

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would be satisfied with an item you right click that poofs you into the sub race. The whole extra lore explanations are fancy and cool and all, but RPers will come up with their own backstories and everyone else won't really care.
    No way my friend! NO WAY SIR! I can see both extremes, but I think like they've gone all out for a lot of MOP's patches (when they were being released still chill)

They had lore explanations for the inclusion of Dark Irons and Wildhammers, and I loved the Highborne lore and the Sunwalker foreshadowing and Troll stuff. it was just a few paragraphs and scripted events, but it brought the world to life and made me feel like I was living in the future of Warcraft 3 even more.

And my fine fellow, I think you're wrong when you say everyone else won't really care, a huge amount of people who don't RP still buy these games for the stories and feeling like they are in the world, and they care about the lore. They outnumber the role players statistically by a vast amount, but still they care. And Blizzard cares most of all. This is is major chance to grow the world into the future more from WC3 and see how it has evolved now a decade+ later, so much devastation and danger.

Hidden and forbidden societies and even the banished and once openly hunted alike were welcomed back to the remnants of civilization when Deathwing almost broke the world again. Everyone, even the dust and shadows of society, were forced like rats on a sinking ship to come together to stop the destruction of Azeroth and Hyjal as they knew it! /wizard hat

But this subrace option is going to be one for the lore lovers I'll say with a wink, it was the lore lovers who started this whole movement, jolly good, old bean. I don't understand beyond boredom why a person with no real passion for the lore wants them so badly? But I know what it's like to be visually addicted to something, and WOW takes the cake. So I'm wrong, I do understand why all sorts want to look new ways. But they are all so distinct and scream "I HAVE A HISTORY, DON"T YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT IT IS?"

That was a great chance for some ways to make the world feel alive, and the 5.3 Sheildwall story was one of the all time finest lore tickling globe/dimensional dropping quests in the game's history, and I can't wait to see the stories for WOD and new quest mechanics and storytelling delivery systems.

This ethnic/sub race thing is something major for lore lovers it it happens, and Blizzard's commentary all over the interviews acrosss the land recognized this. I think there will be at least a single quest integrating your group with the starting zones of the classic Alliance races. If not a chain.

Blizzard and the art team have decided it's seemed to me, yes while keeping us in content droughts as a price to pay, a devotion to pushing everything to the limit in new ways regarding presentation and polish. The first year of the expansion like MOP will be filled with updates too fast for players to know what to do with like MOP, or they may slow down slightly while accelerating work on the future expansions they have being worked on at the same time, more than one future expansion mind ya'll, is being worked on at this moment more or less.

- - - Updated - - -

with alpha models! cuz i want meh hair!
    I empathize with you, my fellow.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-07 at 05:50 AM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    For Worgen, I was thinking Northrend Worgen, like more arctic wolf style. Another idea for a Worgen subrace would be Blackhowl, the Worgen pack that was tricked into drinking the black dragonblood. The corruption could have turned them half man, half wolf, half black dragon. There is some potential for coolness there.
    I think all it did was allow Creed to manipulate them, and possibly enhanced their senses.

The Blackhowl weren't all Worgen either, they're a Gilnean group, some are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait, did Shoc not bless us with Grimtotem female tauren? I'm sad now. It was what I was hoping for when the thread first started.

WHat up on the new tauren finally revealed getting funk-ti-fied? Busy with udder things, Shoc?