Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arena 5v5 titles will be removed

Source: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/496399309131087873

Pretty good change. It will be dead after this change and needs to offer something else like RBG cap?
    Last edited by Theed; 2014-08-04 at 09:27 PM.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    It will be dead after this change and needs to offer something else like RBG cap?
    That's not a wise idea...so Blizzard finally removed the extra conquest cap from RBGS, a change that players have been asking since the beginning, and now you proposed to introduce it in 5v5? At the same time PvErs can cap valor in the way they choose, PvPers should also have the right to avoid a particular PvP activity and still fully cap conquest.

No, as long as it doesn't get removed, the minority of players that enjoy doing it can still do it, and I actually think there would be way less complaints if they removed it compared to the previous removal of skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    That's not a wise idea...so Blizzard finally removed the extra conquest cap from RBGS, a change that players have been asking since the beginning, and now you proposed to introduce it in 5v5? At the same time PvErs can cap valor in the way they choose, PvPers should also have the right to avoid a particular PvP activity and still fully cap conquest.

No, as long as it doesn't get removed, the minority of players that enjoy doing it can still do it, and I actually think there would be way less complaints if they removed it compared to the previous removal of skirmishes.
    Im not asking for what you were thinking. RBG still provides much higher cap for at much lower ratings. That's what i was suggesting.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Im not asking for what you were thinking. RBG still provides much higher cap for at much lower ratings. That's what i was suggesting.

The problem with RBG is not the higher cap at lower ratings....ratings in RBG don't operate in a much logical way, since it's hard to loose rating and relatively easy to achieve higher ratings...the problem stated several times by the PvP community is that the suggestion you're offering is exactly what most players don't want: to be forced into something they don't want to do just to reach cap. A more pvp friendly idea would be to reward more conquest per win (instead of a higher cap) imo.

I wish all 3 brackets would award their own titles. That way everyone could play what they want.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good change, if they balance around 3v3 that's where the prestigious rewards should be.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Just give 1v1 eh
    Isn't that what dueling is except without rating? In fact, I prefer dueling because you can spectate.

If you want 1v1 arena go to the arenas out in the world and fight each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Good change, if they balance around 3v3 that's where the prestigious rewards should be.
    But 3's isn't balanced either.
    Weird change.

5's has always been a chaotic mess but because of that it's been funner than 3's to me.

When I see arcane mages, ret paladins, demo locks, and fury warriors as glad viable as frost mages, I will take the title seriously. As is, 3v3 is a giant crapfest of gimmicks and luck on whose abilities have the best synergy. I see no reason to remove titles from 5v5.

5s just seems like a TDM bg. I'm sure people can try to attempt some sort of strategy, but ultimately it becomes a mindless zerg. I actually think 2s are more skill based.

In all honesty though, all of PVP is just a mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    At the same time PvErs can cap valor in the way they choose, PvPers should also have the right to avoid a particular PvP activity and still fully cap conquest.
    No, not at all.

PvEers have VERY little choice about how to get their gear- they need to attend whatever raid is current content.

Raid bosses are the equivalent of conquest. They gear you from naked to badass.

You can cap honor anyway you like- that's the closest to valor. I mean, even honor can gear you (badly), and valor sure can't, so I guess that isn't even a good compare.

Basically, conquest is all of gearing for pvp. Valor is like enchanting or something for pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    No, not at all.
    PvEers have VERY little choice about how to get their gear- they need to attend whatever raid is current content.
    Raid bosses are the equivalent of conquest. They gear you from naked to badass.
    You can cap honor anyway you like- that's the closest to valor. I mean, even honor can gear you (badly), and valor sure can't, so I guess that isn't even a good compare.
    Basically, conquest is all of gearing for pvp. Valor is like enchanting or something for pve.
    PvErs have more choice than PvPers in terms of gearing, there's no denying that:
    - craftable items (including 2 pieces superior to LFR difficult) vs craftable items worse than hc dungeon gear (hopefully this will change in WoD);
    - Faction gear (at least in the beginning of expansion there's loads of options) which can be bought with valor
    - Valor counts as gear: it's (on live) effectively upgrading your gear and making it a better item. PvP doesn't even have that anymore.

So yes, by design: JP= Honor and VP= Conquest. Besides, while PvErs have several bosses that drop same pieces of gear (2 bosses for weapons for example), PvPers couldn't currently avoid RBG....it would be the same thing as ignoring a raid boss, even worse as conquest gear is not as RNGed as PvE gear, and it's way more limited.

But that doesn't matter: if it's the valor vs conquest that concerns you, just think about this in WoD:
    - You can either LFR OR do heroic dungeons to gear for normal raiding;
    - You can either arena OR rbg to gear for PvP

If Pvers can avoid LFR and still gear, PvPers also have the right to ignore RBGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    But 3's isn't balanced either.
    Weird change.

5's has always been a chaotic mess but because of that it's been funner than 3's to me.

Just because it isn't balanced doesn't mean that PvP isn't designed with 3v3 in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Just because it isn't balanced doesn't mean that PvP isn't designed with 3v3 in mind.
    It is an interesting time to take titles from 5v5 though. Logic would say that there would be no better time to play 5's than in WoD with less crazy burst and higher health pools. It could actually be more than a zergfest.

Not that I care, never really done 5's.

thank the lord

They should remove the 5vs5 and improve the world pvp like vanilla, this is the only way to get back subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by Indifferency Hop View Post
    They should remove the 5vs5 and improve the world pvp like vanilla, this is the only way to get back subscribers
    this guy is right
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indifferency Hop View Post
    How would the removal of 5v5 make world pvp better? Its not like there is a team of pvp-developers strictly working
    on 5v5!?

Weirdest suggestion so far...

Very good change, glad in 5s right now is 2380, and getting to 2380 in 5s requires like 3 hours and a group of not retarded people. Means basically nothing compared to 2580 in 3s.