Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    if you want the game to be difficult, play a melee dps.

everything is suddenly harder. getting a raid slot, challenge modes, raid mechanics, doing as much dps as ranged, anything!

i don't get the correlation between content difficulty and subscription cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like hard content, but only if it's appropriately rewarded. I consequently like that the armor that will be rewarded in LFR is visually lackluster in comparison to the other modes' armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I like hard content, but only if it's appropriately rewarded. I consequently like that the armor that will be rewarded in LFR is visually lackluster in comparison to the other modes' armor.
    As if it matters any longer with transmogrification in the game. The entire argument about designing rewards for less difficult content as pauper's rags is a figment of the past at this point. It no longer matters what armor looks like.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As if it matters any longer with transmogrification in the game.
    Well, it does matter. You can't get those awesome mythic sets unless you do mythic level content. Transmog doesn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want more solo challenges. I might pay more if I could solo raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have this inverted. People who can't be bothered to learn their class, stay out of fire and play well with others should have paid more for making the game easier and thus more accessible since they got to see more. Me, I had no issue with vanilla and TBC 5 mans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    So make the game harder, which makes people who aren't good enough quit, and then ask those that stay behind to pay more to make up for lost subs?

What part of that seems even remotely like a good business plan?
    Some people persist in believing "If you make it harder they will stay" and some even believe "If you make it harder more will come" but both of those fantasies just go to show how up in their own heads some gamers are.

Haha noooo, not at all.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    So would you be willing to pay more on a monthly basis to counter the loss of subs?
    Absolutely not. No thanks.
    The burden is on Blizzard to make a better product that draws more people in, not the customers to fork over more money.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone pay more to make things harder for them?

No way. Why would I pay more to make the parts of the game I dislike take more effort/time? Levelling/questing is already more timeconsuming than I'd like it to be. Once I start raiding the first tier of an expansion I stop caring about dungeons beyond being a source of JP for more heirlooms, and scenarios are just for quick VP capping. So overall, the difficulty/time requirement of content below raiding is fine for what I use it for(other than levelling taking too long)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-08-07 at 02:46 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

no, and it be a stupid precedent to start too.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

im serious, play melee if you want to play the game on hard mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    No; I wouldn't pay more for nearly any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if you want the game to be difficult, play a melee dps.

everything is suddenly harder. getting a raid slot, challenge modes, raid mechanics, doing as much dps as ranged, anything!
    Haha so true (except challenge modes, mostly).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Considering most or all of my toons have finished leveling, dungeoning and questing, and to a great extent scenarios, I'd have to say that'd be a waste of effort from my POV.

Not that I would object to leveling being more challenge, less grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    CMs are an absolute bitch to melee, I mean it's more difficult in that several mechanics disproportionately disadvantage melee and staying in melee range isn't always practical, but the biggest issue is that because ranged are easier to do CMs with and few melee classes bring much that's truly useful to CMs (possible exception: frost DKs with a brez, a stun, control undead and Army), it's extremely hard to get a group who will take one. I'd say it's 30% harder to do CMs as melee, but 200% harder to find a group who'll take you. Most Rogues resort to making their own runs for example.

I mean, I personally turn down most melee when making CM runs. I feel bad about it but it noticeably improves the chance of success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    CMs are an absolute bitch to melee, I mean it's more difficult in that several mechanics disproportionately disadvantage melee and staying in melee range isn't always practical, but the biggest issue is that because ranged are easier to do CMs with and few melee classes bring much that's truly useful to CMs (possible exception: frost DKs with a brez, a stun, control undead and Army), it's extremely hard to get a group who will take one. I'd say it's 30% harder to do CMs as melee, but 200% harder to find a group who'll take you. Most Rogues resort to making their own runs for example.

I mean, I personally turn down most melee when making CM runs. I feel bad about it but it noticeably improves the chance of success.
    Idk, Monks and DKs are very nice; you could probably do an all melee group and do fine with those classes stacked.

Fists of Fury OP.
    Last edited by Simca; 2014-08-07 at 03:58 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Geezus look at all the angry replies from people towards my OP.

1. I don't play a "progress ones character to be more efficient and have a sense of accomplishment"-type game like WoW to DOWNGRADE my gear in order to make it more unforgiving/harder. Are you nuts? I want a game that when I pay for it, it suits my level of skill. There is the Ironman challenge, but thats so backwards towards how gaming should be and it says something about the state of the game in terms of difficulty doesn't it?
    2. Did people not read my OP, I specifically said I am not talking about heroic raids nor PvP.
    3. "I want my game to be fast and easy." Is the clear message most people in this thread give.
    4. I can get that people want a premium product and not pay extra. I would too duh. But since Blizzard is catering to people who want it "fast and easy" - I thought about throwing it another direction towards paying more in order to actually get content (a full game not 5% of a game) that I want.

My god people are bitter about a hypothetical question.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    My god people are bitter about a hypothetical question.
    It's kind of funny, sorry about your thread.

Though, I think if it was just harder people would play longer and end up paying more without the need to increase the cost of the subscription. At the moment the longest learning curve for content seems to be about a month, which is too short a time to master anything complex. If a (theoretical and impossibly distant) game rewarded people based on some assessment of their personal performance and there were several tiers of personal success (not dungeon difficulties, mastering new ways to use your character) then they could easily reduce the amount of people that pick up the game for a few weeks when content drops.

I don't really think the WoW player base has many people left who would be willing to drop the on rails progress method from the game though, so I doubt it's a good fit for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    You wot? I did Scholomance and GotSS yesterday, and the amount of shit melee have to deal with is just silly. We had the great comp of prot paladin, arms, fury, windwalker and hpally. The amount of mobs that cleave/drop shit on the ground underneath themselves is just dumb(especially annoying as Windwalker, cos our clones get killed by that crap).
    Mogu'shan Palace also has a Whirlwind on every other mob, as well as ground effects. Brewery isn't too bad. Haven't done the other CMs yet.

@your next post: yeah, Windwalker is pretty good for CMs, but it's just an absolute pain to play(it feels like your energy never regenerates unless you build a set specifically for CMs and as mentioned, clones keep going splat)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-08-07 at 06:08 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU