Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I rarely ever sell anything on the auction house and I have all the money I need for any of my toons just from questing. I don't understand why anyone should get in trouble for selling anything in-game for whatever price they feel. If I happen to get a bunch of gems ill toss them on the AH cheap to sell them. It shouldn't matter what I choose to sell them for.... this isn't real life and the auction house shouldn't be treated as if it's that important to the game.

Deleted
    Ppl on mine realm are happy that i dint sell gems in AH
    When i do it i always post half of the lowest price just because i can mats are free for me and everything that i can sold for price bigger than vendor price is profit to me + that i can sell lots for short time bcz auction players will buy them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Ppl on mine realm are happy that i dint sell gems in AH
    When i do it i always post half of the lowest price just because i can mats are free for me and everything that i can sold for price bigger than vendor price is profit to me + that i can sell lots for short time bcz auction players will buy them
    Mats are Free? really? Where? Because mats are never truly free because at some point you (or someone else) had to mine/collect/farm for said mat.

So then it becomes a question of how much is x time worth?

Also, is it just me or does anyone else get a headache trying to decipher Zaxio's post?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Over the past few weeks I've bought about 100k g of cheap glyphs from various folks who apparently think all glyphs should be priced at some revolutionary low figure like 40g, and I'm not losing gold so ...

... so I don't have to spend time milling, among other things.

But they do, and it gets boring pretty quickly, so, they come, and they go.

Also in addition to making a profit, I have thousands of extra glyphs I won't have to make again.

Deleted
    hundreds and hundreds less? sounds like this guy is a saint, gems shouldnt be this expensive imo

Sounds like Davshan on my realm Auchendioun. I haven't caugth him doing something fishy yet, but I can't get thats its an actual player.

Hes online every day for soooo many hours inn a row. Just sits there inn dwarven AH on EU Auchendioun day out day inn.

some 900k auctions posted, 23k gold daylie earned his statistics says. Seems like a bot to me, but I haven't caugth him.

And he undercuts heavly to, with a way to large ammount off mats.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It's possible to get banned for manipulating the economy but it's very hard to prove. The cases I've heard about are usually when players form a monopoly on the auction house, rather than just one person who has a lot of stock to sell. Surely eventually he will run out of gems if he's constantly doing it?

If he's posting them literally the second they're sold throughout the day, he may be running a bot - and that's definitely something you can report for.
    Wrong. Blizzard is *entirely* hands off when it comes to the auction house. You can post anything you want, anytime you want, for as high or as low as you want. The only time it's possible to break the rules with this is by running a bot, but this isn't something that is common.

You are thinking of "exploiting the economy" which has nothing to do with the auction house. Exploiting the economy is Blizzard legal speak for buying or selling in-game items for real-world currency.

Competition is ruining the economy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    hundreds and hundreds less? sounds like this guy is a saint, gems shouldnt be this expensive imo
    Haha dont know about that. Took a almost 4 year break, some month after ICC (Wotlk) was released until MoP 5.4, and all the F***ing gems where cheaper then 2 exp's ago. And last ~6 months it is even worse. And yet everyone makes about 5-10 times more gold then in Wotlk.
    Seems like people are lazy gathering gold and expecting that the gems should be free.

And to all the ("stupid", depends) undercutters. I understand those who just gotten a hand of a limited supply, and want to get rid of it. Or those who doesnt understand the market.
    But those who are gonna be a part on the market, there is no reason to undercut that much, things that gonna sell will sell.

If the price is ~300g why should you sell it for 75g?
    What does it help more then destroying the market.
    Your mats are never free (unless someone give it to you for free, but then they have payed for it in gold/time), and lets say a 300g enchant that you have for 1 month isnt expensive.

And on the other side, in the end people wont bother posting (undercutting) when the price is to low.
    So in the end maybe the people that you want to give away things to are looking at a empty AH.
    But I think that most of the people in this thread that likes to undercut much are trolls.
    They want to scare people away to make more money themselves.

Dont like the way blizzard did with rare mobs and the farm. Not good for the market.

EDIT:

I dont have inscription on any of my alts (dont have that many). So I have to buy my own shoulder enchants.
    And its not like that I care when I get a better version if the enchant cost 75 or 300g. Its a upgrade.

TLDR;; All heavy undercutters, just get over your self, you are not saving the world and in the long run you are probably just destroying the game for all "regulars".
    Last edited by mmocd7919f6051; 2014-07-07 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who "crash" the prices be it because they're out for "quick coin" or intentionally frustrate me to no end.

There's nothing worse then seeing a bunch ppl competing to sell their stuff in a... healthy fashion and some asshats drops the price between 20 to 100g. It's those times that i wish i could gank ppl from my own faction.

Deleted
    What you, OP, call "Purposely Ruining the Economy", is a strategy called deep undercutting. While I recieve a lot of hate mails and whispered insults, I stick to this strategy since months:
    - I usually post 1000-2000 gems daily
    - I dumped the prices for raw gems from 200 G to 40-50 G
    - I dumped the meta gems from 400-600 G to 150-190G

My AH foes ask my always the same question: "WHY do you sell this sh1t so low??" Answer: Because I can and I still make profit.

My benefits:
    - I don't need to camp the AH for 4-10 hours per day anymore because there is no need in time consuming cancel-relist wars anymore
    - My competition from ~ 15 gem seller 1 year ago is on an all time low of 4 now. 3 guys even transferred to other servers because I "killed" the gem market in their view
    - buyers love me
    - my gold/hour (i hate that stuff for different reasons tho) is higher than ever because I just need 1-2 hours per day for producing gems and relisting them

All the dudes who told me I would be bankrupt soon, well, are gone now. I am still there.
    There are often some Knights who try to buy me out. They usually do this two times: For the first and last time
    Last edited by mmoc06f8203238; 2014-07-08 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    There is one old story about a Jew that wanted to start a cigarette business. He asked the richest Jew in a town to borrow him a lot of money. He bought the cigarettes and selled for 80% lower price than the other sellers. He was keep asking the rich Jew for money every 3 months for 3 years. After 3 years all his opponents run out of money and he was the only seller on the market. Rich Jew get 1000% profit, and the cigarette guy was as rich as the man that he borrowed money from. Moral of this story is: you will counter him or find another job

<sorry for my english>

Red face

I drastically lower the prices of items on the Auction Houses all the time. When an item can be made for a gold or less and people are asking 100 gold, it's just silly. Why list and maybe sell one a day for 100 gold when I can sell 10-20 or more a day at only 20 gold and I still make a huge profit, much more so than all the people who all have theirs listed for 100 gold and are waiting for someone with enough gold to finally come by and hoping that it's their listing that gets picked, all the while undercutting each other by a copper or two.

Not to mention it's harmful to the player-base in general when people list cheaply made items for ludicrous prices simply because they are greedy and controlling.
    If you list a needed item (glyph, enchant, rune, gem, sigil, jewelry, whatever it is) at inflated prices just because you are greedy, then less players will have it. If less players can afford the item then when you end up with those players on your team in PvP, PUGs, or even open world combat, it's your fault they are not performing up to their potential because you wanted to overcharge for an item that's needed, just because you could. The challenge in any game should Not be from struggling to get gold for basic needed gear, it should be from doing difficult content and having the skill to complete it.

Just my $0.02 and why I will continue to sell crafted or easily attainable items for far less than most people think they should be able to charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    If the price is ~300g why should you sell it for 75g?
    What does it help more then destroying the market.
    TLDR;; All heavy undercutters, just get over your self, you are not saving the world and in the long run you are probably just destroying the game for all "regulars".
    Wait, why would I list something at 290g if it's selling for 300g? Wouldn't someone else just come along and sell it for 280g or 270g? Why bother playing this slightly undercutting game when you can just go for broke and sell it at 75g (or even 50g)?

Heavy undercutters just don't want to sit there all day long to resubmit AH constantly. Maybe that's being lazy or maybe it's just smarter?

Honestly, "regulars" can either deal with heavy undercutters by ignoring them or by buying them out. It's your choice as a seller. There is functionally no difference in quality in what you are selling so why should a "buyer" pay a higher price?

TLDR Justify your high price with a legitimate reason then we'll talk.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Because heavy undercutters are not actual heavy undercutters.

My thing is the Meta gem market. Yes i'll stay at the AH for a while going back and forth trying to have my auctions till are the cheapest by a silver/copper.

Therefore all idiots that undercut by a large margin are not people with a stash of 100gems out to break the market and make a profit for themselves. Every single one of those dudes that i've noticed is the casual arse that shows up and posts tops 3 gems at a price 50 to 100g lower than the rest (or worse).

Why? Like i said on my previous post, he is either intentionally lowering the price cause he's a "good guy" (there's no such thing) or he's trying to make a quick coin. If he is the last, the thing he doesn't realize is that, in the meta gem market, he won't make the gold, because there's still regular sellers that are willing to sell their gems at that price.

I refuse, which is why i have 13 meta gems in my bag waiting for the price to stabilize back to 200-300g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    ^ Because heavy undercutters are not actual heavy undercutters.

I refuse, which is why i have 13 meta gems in my bag waiting for the price to stabilize back to 200-300g.
    Well that's certainly a valid strategy if you assume that your competition is just there for the short haul. But what if he continues to post gems at lower values?

At what point in time will you cave in as well? After all the announcement date for WoD is right around the corner. It might be time to liquidate stock before the massive liquidation by everyone else.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    this behaviour isn't actually "helpful" and "non asshat". Collapsing a means of earning gold, means there is less gold around to buy other items with.
    What? No? It means there is a redistribution of gold. Gold does not come to the market via the Ah. Tanking or inflating the AH does not create more gold only dictates how it is distributed. The only way gold is created is the old fashioned way, looting or vendors.

Personally I love, love, love how butthurt some people get when I massively undercut them.

Supply // Demand. If enough people are buying my Red Gem cuts @ 144 gold, that is what I will sell it for.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

I just ran into an issue with the Jeweled Onyx Panther on US-Illidan. I see that there are two in AH for around 50k each and another one priced super high at 100k. Knowing the cost to make one I think this is an easy flip for a few thousand gold. Looked at the AH when I woke up, and the same seller I bought from has three more listed for 45k. How is that possible to sell for so low? Are these possibly duped or is the seller just looking to lose gold? I am kind of confused by the situation and may end up with a mount for myself and my wife...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistrpeabody View Post
    I just ran into an issue with the Jeweled Onyx Panther on US-Illidan. I see that there are two in AH for around 50k each and another one priced super high at 100k. Knowing the cost to make one I think this is an easy flip for a few thousand gold. Looked at the AH when I woke up, and the same seller I bought from has three more listed for 45k. How is that possible to sell for so low? Are these possibly duped or is the seller just looking to lose gold? I am kind of confused by the situation and may end up with a mount for myself and my wife...
    A pity you can't reverse the process and sell the Orbs of Mystery back to the vendor. For those curious, an Orb is 20k (18k with guild perks, goblin perk doesn't work) and you need 4 Orbs per Jeweled Onyx bringing the cost to a minimum of 80k (72k with guild perks) for just the Orbs.

From wowhead it seems that the Orbs may also drop from the Blingtron 4k. So perhaps the seller got them from the bot? But even then that's like 16 Orbs for 4 mounts, unlikely that you could have gotten that many from Blingtron alone.
    ---