Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    As I said, I don't want it.

But they treat Alliance like crap.

A 1 person mount with no special characteristics, and the Horde get theirs free but Alliance pay 100k? No. Max should've been like 5k, considering a decent chunk of Alliance also voted for the Horde bike, because it was infinitely better made.
    Horde gets their free for a limited time because alliance players voted for the horde mount to be free.

After that it will be sold for 100k just like the alliance bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

1) The contest was stupid. The votes were tracked by cookies, not BNet account, meaning you could clear your browser and vote as many times as you wanted. All it proved is that the Horde is more dedicated than the Alliance when it comes to clicking.

2) They never said that the winner would be the ONLY bike in the game. They said it would be the FREE bike. They were always very careful to state that the winner of the contest would be FREE to players, not that it would be the only bike available at all. They began art assets for both bikes before they were even fully built - you don't waste time on art assets you don't intend to use.

3) 100k is a bit too steep. Like so many other PHes in beta, I'll wager that that is not the final price, if only because 100k for the mount would serve to help create a gold imbalance between the Horde and the Alliance. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Seems about right - The votes were meant to mean something, only the winning chopper was going to go in, so adding both, the loser should have a cost to theirs.

The important thing though is no-one in their right mind would pay 100,000g for the ugliest mount ever. Even the Bronze Drake looks cooler then that thing!
    Personally, I think it looks better (not much, but enough to count) than the Horde bike. At least the Alliance bike is reasonably sleek; the Horde bike is just, HURGH. METAL AND TUSKS.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Speaking of which when do we get the mount? I only resubbed to level an alt with someone, but I doubt I'll keep it up until WoD.
    It'll come with WoD. It's said on the result page. Here.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

If I spent 100k gold on a mount, I'd spend it on a mount that's actually worth gold. Too rich for my blood anyway.

Honestly don't care much for either the Horde or Alliance bike, although I do think the Horde one looks a bit cooler.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-07 at 02:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it stands it does sound about right, it should cost a ton of gold to buy. I won't bother, it really ugly anyway. Personally don't like either of them, but at least I get the Horde one in the mail free just for logging into the game. I would have not bought it either had the Alliance won.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-08-07 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    well i certainly would not pay 100k for that, lucky i am horde mostly!

i think 20-30k would be a more reasonable price, but what ever, they lost the vote and gotta pay the price!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You peasants would be whinging it was added to the cash shop if they added it there so I don't see the big deal. 100k is not a lot of money and even a casual player can surely make that over a month or something if they really want it. I don't really like it honestly. I voted for the Horde chopper because it looked cooler and I'm Alliance.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    You peasants would be whinging it was added to the cash shop if they added it there so I don't see the big deal. 100k is not a lot of money and even a casual player can surely make that over a month or something if they really want it. I don't really like it honestly. I voted for the Horde chopper because it looked cooler and I'm Alliance.
    I agree and (I don't have beta access) but the rate in which you can make gold is probably faster in WOD. It usually is each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I genuinely don't even want the chopper but if they do that, I will simply uninstall WoW and cancel. :/ That's just wrong.
    hope you are trolling otherwise seek therapy...on topic that does seem odd but it was datamined and if beta went live in anywhere near its current state it would be pretty sad so theres time for change ...or maybe i am just too hopeful about that overall

the horde bike is limited time right? is the alliance bike also limited time :S

First off, I love the bike. I voted for it, but mainly because it matches my Overlord set. Also, I can afford it.

But, ok, let's get reasonable for a second to everyone who was for some reason expecting 20-30k for this expansion's gold sink. If they added it as an in-store mount it would have been sold for about $30. The exchange rate if you went to one of those shady sites is about 2000g/$1. And selling to one of those sites is 3000g/$1. So a mount that costs $30 exchanges for between 60,000 and 90,000 in game gold. 100,000k is realistic, and prices are going to inflate some come WoD.

It'll be fine. If you want it, save up. If you don't, well, eat my shiny bug metal dust, fools! Bwahaha!

How is 100k too much? At this point if you are having a hard time coming up with gold then there is nothing anyone can do to help you.

100k is to much for a mount that has no features other than being a ground mount or that doesn't drop from a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    100k is to much for a mount that has no features other than being a ground mount or that doesn't drop from a raid.
    WoW gold has value for you? Interesting.

i wonder if he price will be reduced by faction rep

Here we go again. "Blizzard hates alliance, horde bike won" Bike is added anyway? "Blizzard hates alliance, now we have to pay for our bike"

I'll be waiting for the complains when Blizz lowers the price. " Price was modified but it's still not free like the horde. Blizzard hates alliance.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2014-08-07 at 03:42 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethador View Post
    Well the Horde had Chris Metzen making the Alliance bike so it was obvious that they were going to win.
    Could hardly say alliance when lost the vote when they were the clear minority in this contest.

I`m glad that blizzard actually will make both choppers available, though 100k gold is a little too much in my opinion. I`ll probably get it later though.
    Fixed for accuracy.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    How is 100k too much?
    It's a lot gold for most of the players.

LOL Blizzard is trolling for sure.No way would I pay 100,000 gold for a glorified snowmobile pretending to be a chopper.Oh wait I play Horde....carry on.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."