Page 1 of 734
... LastLast

[7.3] Azortharion's Hunter Guides

Marksmanship Hunter Guide
    Beast Mastery Hunter Guide
    Survival Hunter Guide

Join the Hunter Discord for up-to-date info on Legion theorycraft & simulations etc.

Moderator note: Discussions in this thread need to be inclusive of anybody looking for information regarding hunters.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2017-11-10 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    You could start with an introduction to the core system changes and the way they affect hunters. For example, stats: how the new stats work and interact with hunters, multistrike/versatility, agi not giving crit... buffs: reworked buff/debuffs (4% physical is 5% now... 10% haste is 5, etc) and most common pets for them.

I know some of those things are not in the original FAQ, but since it is a new expansion with new things that are not common knowledge (now everyone knows what pet gives you spell haste or melee haste, but only a few know from memory what pet gives versatility or multistrike) it could be nice for this FAQ to be even bigger :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    reworked buff/debuffs
    There are no debuffs anymore.
    Physical Damage was turned to Versatility Buff. Magic Damage was tured to Multistrike Buff.

In total, that brings the number of raid buffs to 9:
    Stats
    Stam
    Haste
    Mastery
    Crit
    Multistrike
    Versatility
    Spell Power
    Attack Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    See? more of a reason to explain the change :P

Why is focusing shot getting a damage buff instead of the 100s of other ways to fix it

oh, this isn't a beta whine thread...uhh...I'd probably just go over what spells are removed from where. I myself have quite a bit of trouble remembering exactly everything ended up without the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Why is focusing shot getting a damage buff instead of the 100s of other ways to fix it

oh, this isn't a beta whine thread...uhh...I'd probably just go over what spells are removed from where. I myself have quite a bit of trouble remembering exactly everything ended up without the beta.
    The change to Focusing Shot's damage is only part of them baking in the perk for Improved Cobra Shot/Steady Shot. So no real change to it.

Barlenor - <Refined> - US-Thrall - Armory
    Website - WoWProgress - Barlenor #1164
    Streaming Raids Tuesday - Thursday 8 EST - 12 EST

Aren't most of, if not all, these buffs just due to them baking the perks into the spell?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Barlenor - <Refined> - US-Thrall - Armory
    Website - WoWProgress - Barlenor #1164
    Streaming Raids Tuesday - Thursday 8 EST - 12 EST

Is Shale Strider a new pet family or did you misspell Shale Spider?

Posting in an epic thread.... ohwait.jpg.

Just tagging for myself to see new posts

Tagging for updates, I cant figure out what spec to level as on the beta, they all feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    There are no debuffs anymore.
    Physical Damage was turned to Versatility Buff. Magic Damage was tured to Multistrike Buff.

In total, that brings the number of raid buffs to 9:
    Stats
    Stam
    Haste
    Mastery
    Crit
    Multistrike
    Versatility
    Spell Power
    Attack Power

Only thing about Versatility right now is that it doesn't increase pet damage just the hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljester View Post
    Only thing about Versatility right now is that it doesn't increase pet damage just the hunters.
    Already mentioned by Devs on Twitter that Versatility is bugged in its current implementation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surv seems fun and not as clunky as i thought on Imperator testing today.

Fervor, Murder, Glaive, Munitions - Not much down time, haste regen was kinda crap but worked out. Not sure how much damage i was actually doing, Logs aren't up yet.

Logs were bugged for both fights for me. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LyY9fz1XKkjPgcJD/ - Here's a log, then again I'm not too familiar on how to use WCL effectively yet, so maybe a setting/etc messed up, idk. And we had 10+ pulls at least, so no clue why it shows 5, shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    The specs are fine they just need to be tuned. Survival and mm do no damage and BM is best of the worst. Makes people not want to raid test their class/ spec

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    The specs are fine they just need to be tuned. Survival and mm do no damage and BM is best of the worst. Makes people not want to raid test their class/ spec
    This. Was super excited to try MM and SV in the beginning and it quickly turned into, eh let's just do BM because it's the only of the three that even resembles a DPS spec

Survival's damage felt a bit better but it's still very weak in comparison to the two specs. Also, Celestalon confirmed that 35% KS perk for BM is now removed, and they will compensate around damage if needed for the change. MM will still have it and we will see more number tuning in the next coming builds. Please continue testing appropriately (premade preferred, no bugging pets, no bugged talents ect. ect.) as so we can be properly assessed for where we need to be changed number wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explosive shot needs to be buffed big time, survival and mm got to be 2 of the worst poorly tuned specs out of all the dps specs(warlocks are also low) BM which is the only spec even playable is still terrible and the most similar to how it is on live. We want to test the new specs but when you are doing 15k dps and everyone is at 25k ish plus, you are going to test with the spec that makes you at least not completely in the dumpster. BM needs to be tuned as well just because it does the most damage doesn't mean it's good. Your pet is doing 70% of your damage and that just doesn't seem right. Nerf the arms warriors doing 40k dps and fix the some of the shittier specs like survival and mm who are doing around 17k ish. Seems like a big gap to me and it's not fun testing specs with such an imbalance. Most of the people in my guild who play a gimped class/ spec like hunters are just rerolling to op classes like warriors and every other melee dps spec. So non of those shitty dps specs are even being tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Explosive shot needs to be buffed big time, survival and mm got to be 2 of the worst poorly tuned specs out of all the dps specs(warlocks are also low) BM which is the only spec even playable is still terrible and the most similar to how it is on live. We want to test the new specs but when you are doing 15k dps and everyone is at 25k ish plus, you are going to test with the spec that makes you at least not completely in the dumpster. BM needs to be tuned as well just because it does the most damage doesn't mean it's good. Your pet is doing 70% of your damage and that just doesn't seem right. Nerf the arms warriors doing 40k dps and fix the some of the shittier specs like survival and mm who are doing around 17k ish. Seems like a big gap to me and it's not fun testing specs with such an imbalance. Most of the people in my guild who play a gimped class/ spec like hunters are just rerolling to op classes like warriors and every other melee dps spec. So non of those shitty dps specs are even being tested.
    Honestly, the 23k dps theoretical single target from BM to compare against 17k mm/survival is like you said a major difference. With the WoD projection for DPS in comparison to live, that's like a 50-60k DPS difference. Just add a 0! Woohoo! Tuning!