Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Bring back the Proto Drakes

I have a suggestion a lot of you might not like. I believe Blizzard should somehow re-implement the Plagued and Black Proto Drakes into the game. Back in LK I was literally 2 achievements away from getting the Plagued and about 5 away from the Black. The Black Proto is my favourite in game mount and since I've ridden on it in the WOD beta I want it even more. Now I know a few people will complain because you want to be a special snowflake but I was so close I could taste it. They don't need to re-implement the Naxx meta reward either, instead they could make them really hard to obtain. For example they can do something similar to the Venom hide and Frost Saber mounts or go the Violet Proto Drake route (make it be a year long journey), or perhaps have level 100 Elite mobs in Tanaan drop a lock box where you can go back and do Naxx as a solo scenario/ CM thing and then get the mount if you beat all the bosses.

Look I don't care how they do it but its unfair that the Ulduar drakes didn't go away but the Naxx ones did.... My proto drake collection can literally never be complete. And the BMAH doesn't count because you can't buy them separately they can only be in the unclaimed chests, but I don't have 900k to spend hoping to get a 1 in a million chance.

I'm missing two of my Proto's and I really just want them. My guild rushed to get both the Ulduar ones so we could have an exclusive but to our dismay Blizzard left them in the game. Its not fair in the slightest that these guys be unobtainable.

They should either bring those back or remove the others

Every time they walk on the ground, the only thing I can think of is this.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    They should either bring those back or remove the others
    Exactly the point! They were literally the only meta mounts that have been removed from the game. I never see the two Naxx drakes anyways so I doubt if they brought them back that everyone and their dog would rush to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Exactly the point! They were literally the only meta mounts that have been removed from the game. I never see the two Naxx drakes anyways so I doubt if they brought them back that everyone and their dog would rush to get them.
    While they were the only meta mounts removed, you have to remember the TotC mounts as well. Unsure why they decided to remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Black proto is one of the coolest mounts in game and I'd love to have it but they should never be brought back. When you see someone on it you know the shit they did immediately and if you don't you go find out, bringing them back would completely diminish that. Undying/Immortal are the same way, I got Undying and would kill to have Immortal along with it, but getting it after the fact would make it just another title and seeing ppl with it wouldn't be as cool.

Only had 2 ToGC mount drops and got neither . At least the wolf isn't that great :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    , you have to remember the TotC mounts as well. Unsure why they decided to remove them.
    i liked that mount from having 50 attempts left
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ludafrank View Post
    Black proto is one of the coolest mounts in game and I'd love to have it but they should never be brought back. When you see someone on it you know the shit they did immediately and if you don't you go find out, bringing them back would completely diminish that.
    They shouldn't be brought back because J.Q. Randomguy uses other people's mounts as a yardstick for how cool he thinks his own mounts are, and it might make him feel marginally less special?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludafrank View Post
    Black proto is one of the coolest mounts in game and I'd love to have it but they should never be brought back. When you see someone on it you know the shit they did immediately and if you don't you go find out, bringing them back would completely diminish that. Undying/Immortal are the same way, I got Undying and would kill to have Immortal along with it, but getting it after the fact would make it just another title and seeing ppl with it wouldn't be as cool.

Only had 2 ToGC mount drops and got neither . At least the wolf isn't that great :P
    But you can still get them they are only extremely rare from the BMAH. I've only ever seen 4 people use the Black Proto in the last 3 years. I don't think they would be that pissed off.

No thanks. Would like to keep my rare mounts rare.

No thank you. I am part of an exclusive internet club and you are not welcome

I'm in the OP's boat regarding the Plagued drake. My guild at the time had Naxx to the point where we got the Undying without even trying for it, but because the leadership didn't like achievements (as in, they considered the whole system frivolous and not worth a real raider's time), we hadn't made any serious progress on the meta by the time Blizzard, at the time extremely unexpectedly and on short notice, announced the drakes' imminent removal. That was when they actually started trying, but they still refused to make any night an achievement night, so here I stand today.

I don't think the drakes should have ever been removed. I don't think any reward that has ever been removed should have been removed. I say this as the bearer of several things which have been removed. If you want prestige in the here and now, you'd best be sitting on a robot scorpion.

Are you saying other than the BMAH? Or are they not even available there?

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You guys know Plagued Proto Drake is available in the BMAH?
    Yeah, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You guys know Plagued Proto Drake is available in the BMAH?
    As someone who cannot compete with the gold amounts thrown around on the BMAH, it might as well not be there. If they wanted to do it right, they'd make both mounts a 1% drop off KT. A raid for a raid mount. Them just being on the BMAH is almost as annoying as their removal was.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2014-08-09 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    As someone who cannot compete with the gold amounts thrown around on the BMAH, it might as well not be there. If they wanted to do it right, they'd make both mounts a 1% drop off KT. A raid for a raid mount. Them just being on the BMAH is almost as annoying as their removal was.
    Exactly and its only found in the black market containers which can give you anything that can be sold on the BMAH. Even if I could compete the odds of getting one of them is so slim it should basically be considered a 0% chance.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in the OP's boat regarding the Plagued drake. My guild at the time had Naxx to the point where we got the Undying without even trying for it, but because the leadership didn't like achievements (as in, they considered the whole system frivolous and not worth a real raider's time), we hadn't made any serious progress on the meta by the time Blizzard, at the time extremely unexpectedly and on short notice, announced the drakes' imminent removal. That was when they actually started trying, but they still refused to make any night an achievement night, so here I stand today.

I don't think the drakes should have ever been removed. I don't think any reward that has ever been removed should have been removed. I say this as the bearer of several things which have been removed. If you want prestige in the here and now, you'd best be sitting on a robot scorpion.
    We had a night where we tried for them. One of our guildies asked if we could just skip the last two achievements and do them another night because he had to wake up really early and no one was on to fill. After that night people lost interest and by the time we wanted to finish them it was already too late. It pisses me off that I was so close and then Blizzard just up and removed them.

The BMAH is NO proper way to get these mounts. They aren't rare mounts like Ashes and Invincible these are META achievement mounts. The only ones ever removed from the game. They aren't like the old level 60 mounts. They weren't replaced, they were simply removed.

That is your problem. Seriously. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get that kind of gold (luck of it showing up is a factor as well, but still) then that is your problem. Plenty of people earned it when it was current and plenty others have bought it at the BMAH. It is meant as an insane gold sink for rich people at this point. If that's not you, then go make some money. There are many good resources on how to make big money with little to start with.

Want the War Bear back? Sorry, something the people who actually played then got. Not something people who got into raiding later can run back and get solo on all their characters (Invincible, Mimiron's Head etc).

Black Qiraji Battle Tank? Nope. Different level of effort and exclusivity, but the point still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get Plagued or Black, but I've sucked up my love for rare mounts and accepted I won't get them.

Suck it up and grow up, life isn't fair.

You had the same amount of time everyone else did to get the mounts. It isn't Blizzard's fault, it's yours/your guilds.

Was I a little bothered as well that they started not removing mounts, especially into Cata? Certainly, but you know what? I've started to just go back to riding what I think looks cool and what I like. Who cares what is rare, who cares what others think is cool.

If I think it's cool, that's all that matters. Same for you. Yes, the Black Proto is cool, too bad we can't get it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    That is your problem. Seriously. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get that kind of gold (luck of it showing up is a factor as well, but still) then that is your problem. Plenty of people earned it when it was current and plenty others have bought it at the BMAH. It is meant as an insane gold sink for rich people at this point. If that's not you, then go make some money. There are many good resources on how to make big money with little to start with.

Want the War Bear back? Sorry, something the people who actually played then got. Not something people who got into raiding later can run back and get solo on all their characters (Invincible, Mimiron's Head etc).

Black Qiraji Battle Tank? Nope. Different level of effort and exclusivity, but the point still stands.
    The Black Battle Tank was different. I was there when the gates opened. What all you people don't understand is the following.... THE OTHER META MOUNTS ARE STILL IN GAME! These are the only two that were removed because once they were removed people bitched. It makes ZERO sense for them to not be in the game.

I'm happy the Plagued Proto-Drake made it to the BMAH, since you know...