Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think blizzard realises that even without the mastery component of EQ it is already part of our single target rotation right now... ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    I don't think blizzard realises that even without the mastery component of EQ it is already part of our single target rotation right now... ffs...
    Celestalon knows it^^
    @tickletotem @Vallkyrion Haha. Yeah, tuning issues happen sometimes. Don't expect it to stay that way.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...39450863923201

Maybe you are only referring to PvE but as for myself I am not throwing a fit about this new mastery because I actually think it is more interesting and useful for PvP. Free, mobile damage that just requires a cast every 6 seconds? That opens up a lot of pressure with little requirement. Coupled with Liquid Magma and Searing Totem/Fire elemental totem it seems Elemental shamans will have a unique PvP niche of 0 cast pet + DoT damage where Ele in PvP has traditionally been plagued by severe turret syndrome. I'm just hoping Blizzard isn't retarded and that it doesn't break or complicate CC.

I feel like they should fix the class for PvE and PvP... Not add in a mastery that will bandaid PvP issues and act as a flat dmg increase for PvE(In pve it will just sit the entire expansion at X% total dps unless you are unlucky enough to get the stat on your gear..).

________

As far as EQ being in the single target rotation...

Even if one ignores the opportunity cost of not casting Lightning Bolt to get LS charges, the effective DPS of Earthquake is 9k without the Imp CL bonus, or ~11k with but has at most a 6k DPET CL before it, whereas Lightning Bolt is around 11k (or 13.9k with the LS charge gain).
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Guys are acting like you lost your mastery but you didn't you got Multi-strike + the new mastery

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga93 View Post
    numbers tuning hasnt even happened relax
    How is this a number tuning issue? It's a design flaw...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I would rather have another Shamanism buff of a mastery so at least it would be effected by my skill. As it currently stands they might as well have just made Searing totem hit harder(but they did do that as well...).

No Skill abilities are No Fun.

That is my opinion.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    and nearly every MM hunter hates the new WoD mastery
    I LOVE the new MM mastery, I've wanted a mechanic like this for ages.

Speak for yourself, it's interesting.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophexis View Post
    "THIS IS BETA, THERE ARE MANY BUGS AND UNBALANCED FEATURES, IT WILL GET TWEAKED!"
    Only, aren't they releasing WOD on the 14th?

Chubathingy, firstly, who or where is that quote from ??

I've looked @ the numbers and the DPET of eq with no CL buff is ~700 dps ahead of LB. This was before the 16% mastery baseline mastery anouncement which makes the difference 2k. The premade character i'm on which avoids mastery is @ 38% for EQ. This means at least another 2k. So looking at something like 12.5k vs 8k

Even if u assume each LS charge is worth 2k and you proc 1 multi + 1 normal ls off every lb, it still falls short of EQ, single target with no buff.

a 5 stack EQ is worth more than a 20 stack fulmination, meaning spamming CL to proc echo, drop EQ, spam CL for echo, drop EQ, is a single target increase over most other options.

Sickening scenario right now.

The mastery is getting worse, if someone from blizz reads this. please remove this trash, remove EQ give us shamanism as mastery if it is too late to do something better and make our other spells just hit hard for once.
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2014-08-08 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Only, aren't they releasing WOD on the 14th?
    No they are releasing the cinematic and the annunciating the release date at the 14th;
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    Chubathingy, firstly, who or where is that quote from ??
    Binkenstein/beta class forums

He just posted it but maybe they are his numbers from the last build, pre mastery buffing EQ ? I'll have to mess around with dummys this weekend, I haven't copied over yet this build.

I suppose this is a bit off topic from the OP but while we're talking about EQ I don't think adding it to EoE makes EoE any more tempting to take. All raw number tuning issues aside doesn't adding EQ to the list of spells buffed by EoE still make EoE unfavorable due to the fact that Surge eats up potential EoE procs? Maybe if EoE included Ele Blast or something it might be worth it but outside of pure AOE fights I don't see the point in taking EoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolik View Post
    I suppose this is a bit off topic from the OP but while we're talking about EQ I don't think adding it to EoE makes EoE any more tempting to take. All raw number tuning issues aside doesn't adding EQ to the list of spells buffed by EoE still make EoE unfavorable due to the fact that Surge eats up potential EoE procs? Maybe if EoE included Ele Blast or something it might be worth it but outside of pure AOE fights I don't see the point in taking EoE.
    are you sure the issue is that surge procs can eat echo procs? never noticed that by the way.
    my much bigger issue is that I sit on an echo proc but can't use it because lvb is on cd.
    when I don't get a surge proc all eote procs until cd is over are wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    As far as EQ being in the single target rotation...
    EQ is not meant to be in the single target rotation so that will be fixed when they bring it back in line. So I'm not sure if it is worth to even discuss baout this situation...
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-08-08 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolik View Post
    It also happened to me. Mostly when Surge proc in a row when EotE up. The second LvB was consuming both charges. But i think they've fixed it on last patch. At least from what i've checked last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    are you sure the issue is that surge procs can eat echo procs? never noticed that by the way.
    my much bigger issue is that I sit on an echo proc but can't use it because lvb is on cd.
    when I don't get a surge proc all eote procs until cd is over are wasted.
    I guess its unlikely to happen since Lava surge procs is kinda frequent. But yeah, i myself also can't help it to spam my LvB button when EotE procs eventhough it doesn't actually reset LvB cd. Lava Surge reflexes perhaps lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    I guess its unlikely to happen since Lava surge procs is kinda frequent. But yeah, i myself also can't help it to spam my LvB button when EotE procs eventhough it doesn't actually reset LvB cd. Lava Surge reflexes perhaps lol.
    Well the chance this happens is higher when you have low haste. as we will gear first towards haste this might not be such a big issue once we reach a good spot. As far as I know EotE is a RPPM mechanic which does not benefit from haste which is an advantage for this issue.

There were some suggestions to let EotE stack to 2. This way you could avoid it a bit and you also would get the benefit let it stack to 2 and use it in PvP when you need burst/pressure.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-08-08 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    No they are releasing the cinematic and the annunciating the release date at the 14th;
    Ah. That's good.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should just change the way it works so it functions the same as those from the Obsidian Stoneslaves in Twilight Highlands. Retool it so you can cast the spell on a target rather than aiming to remove the requirement of tank positioning and allow the tear to either function the same as CL where it knows how to go from one mob to the next or have smaller tears radiate outward like a wonky star formation with overlapping hit detection.

Dial back the spikes, keep the same CD and allow the stun mechanic to work. At least with this it takes the annoyance out of having to aim the damn thing and won't backfire if the tank decides to move out of the area 2 seconds after you put it down for whatever reason. It's also more appealing to look at rather than simple rumbling and dust getting kicked in to the air.

That's just my two cents to make EQ less meh though. It's not like they would have to create a new spell from scratch since it's pretty much already there.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2014-08-09 at 03:02 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Tweet regarding EQ damage:

Yeah, we dropped its baseline damage by 1/3, and increased the CL perk from 25%/stack to 40%/stack.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...10965925462016

It seems like the solution to any problem that Elemental has, is a change that buffs EQ in the end.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-08-09 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    It's a nerf in every possible way to EQ, not a buff.

Right now, it's a nerf per target

1 target: 33% (without CL use, as you don't CL on ST, CL is too weak)
    2 targets: 20%
    3 targets: 16%
    4 targets: 13%
    5 targets or more: 11%

So no buff, a straightout nerf. But there's that mastery buff, we'll have to see how it works out.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-09 at 10:47 AM.