Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Tweet regarding EQ damage:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...10965925462016

It seems like the solution to any problem that Elemental has, is a change that buffs EQ in the end.
    you have to realize that EQ is currently used in single target on beta, that is why they shift damage from baseline damage to the perk. they want it to be part of our aoe so it has to be strong. but it should not be used in single target situations

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    It's a nerf in every possible way to EQ, not a buff.

Right now, it's a nerf per target

1 target: 33% (without CL use, as you don't CL on ST, CL is too weak)
    2 targets: 20%
    3 targets: 16%
    4 targets: 13%
    5 targets or more: 11%

So no buff, a straightout nerf. But there's that mastery buff, we'll have to see how it works out.
    Got a little too exciting about that 40%.

Damn percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    you have to realize that EQ is currently used in single target on beta
    Their damage is pretty close together in total but i think this is just nitpicking at this point.

that is why they shift damage from baseline damage to the perk. they want it to be part of our aoe so it has to be strong.
    The problem what i see right here is that EQ is already useful on 2 targets, i don't know if that is intended but from my view it is not a cool mechanic to cast a supposed "pure AoE spell" as part of your cleave rotation.

They should shift some damage to Cl, i like EQ but this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-08-09 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They should shift some damage to Cl, i like EQ but this is ridiculous.
    can happen when they do the number tuning

Deleted
    The Earthquake tuning was a good idea, it hasn't nerfed or buffed it in the slightest for AoE situations, it's just ensured that it is no longer useful for single target.

I previously tested this at 5706 damage in total at 5 stacks (@20% per stack), so 2853 damage without stacks. It'll now do 1902 damage with 0 stacks, but an additional 200% with 5 stacks makes it 5706, just as it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    The Earthquake tuning was a good idea, it hasn't nerfed or buffed it in the slightest for AoE situations, it's just ensured that it is no longer useful for single target.

I previously tested this at 5706 damage in total at 5 stacks (@20% per stack), so 2853 damage without stacks. It'll now do 1902 damage with 0 stacks, but an additional 200% with 5 stacks makes it 5706, just as it was.
    It was 25% per stack, so it is a nerf, like my numbers stated.

Even on five targets.

Right now, it's (assuming EQ has 100 base dmg): (1 + 5*0,25) * 100 = 225
    After the nerf, it's (1+0.4*5) * 66.7 = 200

1 - (200/225) = 11.1% damage nerf on 5 targets and even more on 4 or less targets.

Deleted
    It was 20% before that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    It was 20% before that.
    No before i posted, i was on beta and checked. Was 25%, like Celestalon states.

No before i posted, i was on beta and checked. Was 25%, like Celestalon states.
    it was changed in the last patch from 20% to 25%.

Deleted
    it was changed in the last patch from 20% to 25%.
    Yeah, but it IS 25% and those changes are nerfs.

Yeah, but it IS 25% and those changes are nerfs.
    the upcoming change, yes.
    your discussion is very confusing when you talk about different numbers, just want to bring some light into it.
    so from the changelog you can see on http://wod.us.wowhead.com/spell=157765

Build 18663, Current Build -> 25%
    Build 18566, Previous Build -> 20%
    Build ??????, Upcoming Build -> 40% (and base damage of EQ nerfed by 33%) which results to an overall nerf compared to current build, see Klatars post.

- - - Updated - - -

Even on five targets.

Right now, it's (assuming EQ has 100 base dmg): (1 + 5*0,25) * 100 = 225
    After the nerf, it's (1+0.4*5) * 66.7 = 200

1 - (200/225) = 11.1% damage nerf on 5 targets and even more on 4 or less targets.
    if I take the numbers from the previous build, which is with the numbers of your example (1+5*0,20) *100 = 200, that they are equal to upcoming numbers. however they also added that each master % increased eq damage by 2% in the current build and in the current build it seems eq base damage was also buffed a bit.

so I guess they realized they buffed eq damage to much by buffing the perk and adding mastery effects eq in the current build.
    however even if it is a nerf between the upcoming build and the current build, it is still a buff when you compare previous build with upcoming build, cause you will have mastery effecting eq.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-08-09 at 11:21 PM. Reason: rewrote second part

Deleted
    I don't care about comparing old builds with future builds. I just compare the current one with the future one.

Additionally, EQ will also be used with 2 targets or 3 targets. In this cases, it's a straightout nerf, no matter what build you take.

Deleted
    You can not care about old builds all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the next implementation is numerically identical to the first implementation at 5 stacks before adding on the mastery damage.

If anything, you could say the 25% build was an unnecessary buff.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-08-11 at 02:04 PM.