Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rare Coordinator enabled a lot of the cooperation and good will in Timeless Isle, but I'm wondering if that will work well with other zones/Ashran. Can't use custom chat channels cross-realm in Ashran

I don't think I would have ever attempted Bigger Bags without it, and if they add another one of those chieves I'll have to pass lol

People are running TI for loot for their nth alt, not really for fun.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-08-11 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is good for alts, thats about it. Or boosted toons (alts)
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Idk maybe it's cause I haven't been subbed since January but I remember TI being(though extremely frustrating at times) kind of fun. It was at least new and not just another daily hub. Though, because of the lack of direction, I often felt confused as to what I could do. Also alot of the activities relied on having an addon that tracked when rares were up and hoping I could run to it in time before a huge mob took it down. I think the TI style will work alot better in a big open continent like Draenor as opposed to a tiny ass island.
    There will be addons for WoD, you can count on it. And because it's a bigger place your chances to miss the kill are increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    There will be addons for WoD, you can count on it. And because it's a bigger place your chances to miss the kill are increased.
    Eh, I'm not gonna go chasing rares across a continent anyway. Just nice to know I have a more wide open space to find hidden treasure and fun little things like that.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Eh, I'm not gonna go chasing rares across a continent anyway. Just nice to know I have a more wide open space to find hidden treasure and fun little things like that.
    At some point those hidden things will become meaningless because of addons (maybe even as soon as it's launched because most of this stuff is dug up during beta). People with addons will camp the places and those not using them will be late.

10+ Year Old Account
    TI is one of many reason, why MoP is a failed expansion..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Well, it was obviously an experiment and it succeeded. This type of content will work brilliantly in larger zones as those in WoD. I will much rather have a zone I can explore and hunt rares and chests in for coins, than do daily quests for same.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Well, it was obviously an experiment and it succeeded.
    There was no alternative. If they had instead introduced Loot Isle that instantly filled your bags with gear as soon as you zoned in people would go there en masse, if there was no alternative to gear up fast.

Deleted
    There was no alternative. If they had instead introduced Loot Isle that instantly filled your bags with gear as soon as you zoned in people would go there en masse, if there was no alternative to gear up fast.
    True, but I enjoyed the non-gearing part as well. Chests, rares, mounts, etc. The Isle is way too small to really appreciate the content and that is why I think it will work brilliantly in the larger WoD zones.

I just hope they make the chests spawn at random places and not all at the very same spot every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Months since release, I see that the TI is still extremely popular on my server. I think with this, the devs proved that people prefer this type of content over dailies and I am quite happy that this model will feature in most if the WoD zones, if not all.

I think it is a pity it took them this long to realise this.
    Ti content is just quests without quests. It's actually a pity people are taking what is essentially quests without quest text, and thinking it's this huge revolutionary thing. It's not.

You could go on IoT and kill adds without taking a quest and get the same result as timeless isle.

What is hilarious. Is timeless isle used to exist. No really

It was called vanilla wow. Where you grinded scourge day in and day out to get enough bones to get epics. Or enough dark iron dust to get epics.

I feel like having no dalies at all is a mistake. Dailies were an issue in 5.0 because you needed to do them. There's an easy fix, make dailies optional.

Timeless isle got boring fast. There's a lot of players who prefer Isle of thunder
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-08-11 at 06:11 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I would take Isle of Thunder repeats a hundred times over before another Timeless Isle. The PvP dailies on Isle of Thunder were exactly what I wanted from daily quests: 2-3 minutes solo and I'm completely done grinding and can go do something productive, like log off and sleep. I can't even come *close* to the efficiency I had on Isle of Thunder with Timeless Isle, it's one giant obnoxious time sink.

At some point those hidden things will become meaningless because of addons (maybe even as soon as it's launched because most of this stuff is dug up during beta). People with addons will camp the places and those not using them will be late.
    Actually, when you kill a rare once you won't get loot from it again. As for the treasures, you can't camp them because only you will see them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Ti content is just quests without quests. It's actually a pity people are taking what is essentially quests without quest text, and thinking it's this huge revolutionary thing. It's not.

You could go on IoT and kill adds without taking a quest and get the same result as timeless isle.

What is hilarious. Is timeless isle used to exist. No really

It was called vanilla wow. Where you grinded scourge day in and day out to get enough bones to get epics. Or enough dark iron dust to get epics.

I feel like having no dalies at all is a mistake. Dailies were an issue in 5.0 because you needed to do them. There's an easy fix, make dailies optional.

Timeless isle got boring fast. There's a lot of players who prefer Isle of thunder
    The thing about quests is, they tell you to go and kill 10 of these wolves or collect 12 gorilla fangs. So, it forces me to kill a certain type of mob at a certain location within a zone. I would *much* rather have "quests without quests" as you put it, which would allow me the freedom to kill whatever I want, wherever I want in a zone.

In the end it works out to be exactly the same, and this type of grind is the nature of MMOs, but a lot can be done to create the impression of freedom to do what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Actually, when you kill a rare once you won't get loot from it again.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that. Makes it even more pointless imo.

As for the treasures, you can't camp them because only you will see them.
    More reason to just "hunt" them with addons (provided they aren't random spawns).

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Actually, when you kill a rare once you won't get loot from it again. As for the treasures, you can't camp them because only you will see them.
    So how does this work for different levels and gear drops?

Would you be better off waiting until max level to kill them like in Guild Wars? Or do they just drop a certain guaranteed item with a certain corresponding level bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    TI made me quit the game for most of the last year. It's seriously dreadfully awful and just gets worse and worse with time as you realize you are doing the same 1 daily, 2 weeklies and maybe farming for some neat toys or rep over and over and over. Outside of the few things you have direct playtime control over, the gameplay on the island is basically ride around and hope something vaguely interesting happens.

I just resubbed this week after months away to do a few things I still want to accomplish and I find for my solo time I'm back at IoT doing the 5.2 content which IMO was the best. It had the structure of dailies while being varied every day so you never felt too much like you were just doing the exact same thing over and over.
    I didn't even realize TI has dailies.

Why anyone spent more than 5 minutes a week there for anything other than ordos is beyond me.

TI is a great start, a few things they should work on:

1) Rares need a LOT more HP (I believe they've said this is because the HP scaling tech is woefully inadequate & is being worked on).

2) The Bigger Bag achievement is an exercise in sadism. SERIOUSLY buff those drop rates.

3) It'd be nice if those Burdens of Eternity were worth something once you outgeared TI. Like, at least vendor for 1k or something.

4) World PVP is pretty retarded, but that's a known issue of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    TI made me quit the game for most of the last year. It's seriously dreadfully awful and just gets worse and worse with time as you realize you are doing the same 1 daily, 2 weeklies and maybe farming for some neat toys or rep over and over and over.
    I have absolutely no idea what you're doing in TI for more than a week. I've recently geared up about 5-6 toons and they get through the TI part of the gearing curve in literally days.

The only reason I hang around TI is to farm rares for the god forsaken achieve.

Also it's a really fast way to get lesser charms, though you can get those from doing anything. Including the old dailies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    TI is a great start, a few things they should work on:

1) Rares need a LOT more HP (I believe they've said this is because the HP scaling tech is woefully inadequate & is being worked on).

2) The Bigger Bag achievement is an exercise in sadism. SERIOUSLY buff those drop rates.

3) It'd be nice if those Burdens of Eternity were worth something once you outgeared TI. Like, at least vendor for 1k or something.

4) World PVP is pretty retarded, but that's a known issue of course.
    1.The problem with the scaling is that it's based on having a certain amount of healers/tanks, most people on TI dps as there is no need to heal or tank, thus you get to the point where you have 5 dps downing a monster that they are outgearing by 30 ilvls
    2.Anything that keeps you chasing a carrot on a stick longer is beneficial to blizzard, especially something that is not mandatory to end game content. You are what they consider a sucker if you go for those achievements.
    3.1k? Be happy if they gave you 50g
    4.World pvp will be forced down our throat in WOD, and I'm not looking forward to it. Actually thinking about unsubbing and not buying wod until a few months so that the griefers get bored, if that means not getting to quest first in line I'm fine with that I got better stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    4.World pvp will be forced down our throat in WOD, and I'm not looking forward to it. Actually thinking about unsubbing and not buying wod until a few months so that the griefers get bored, if that means not getting to quest first in line I'm fine with that I got better stuff to do.
    How and where is PvP forced? Is that even on PvE servers?