Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mafia Intermission game 43 and 3/4 - A Love Affair

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE!
    THANK YOU!

The Normal Mafia rules apply
    That means:
    Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players about anything related to this game to a minimum so as to not give an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    ** Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    ** Editing a vote is forbidden, if you wish to change your mind do so in a separate post.
    ** Deleting posts is forbidden.
    ** Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden.
    ** No pm'ing or talking about this game outside of this thread is allowed.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Day Phase
    Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has acquired more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote.

Please put your decision in Bold Letters (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE" on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer] to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer] (unvoting is not required but is much appriciated)
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Worgenite
    If no one reaches majority vote by the end of the day, no one will be lynched and there'll be a night phase during which the mafia may make a NK. So town, you really don't want to not reach majority.

Night Phase
    Normally there's none of it. It only happens if town fails to reach majority lynch.

Composition
    This game is a True Love game (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=True_Love)
    It consists of:
    6 Town Lovers
    2 Mafia Lovers

Lovers are divided into four pairs. Both scum are individually paired with a town player.
    Lover pairs do not know their partner's alignment.
    Mafia have a private quicktopic
    Lovers have a private quicktopic

Alive Players
    1. Robosheep
    2. Waker
    3. Lora
    4. Celtic
    5. Anakso
    6. Arlee
    7. Hokiefan
    8. Lelly

Dead Players

Deadline for D1 is Tuesday August 12th 12:00 UTC (24 hour days).

It is now Day 1. You may begin loving.
    Last edited by keleb; 2014-08-11 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    First!

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Second!

8 player game with 24 hour days, should be quick

Deleted
    So going off of this, all we need to do is either lynch the two mafiaoso or lynch the two lovers of the mafia players. Hmmmm very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    should be quick
    Kinda the idea about the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally missed you talking about the game, reading the OP and role card is my first look at it heh. Sounds very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I actually read the OP this time

I am already kinda guessing how this game is built.... Damn, this might be interesting.

Edit: Ohh it's said in the 1st post ._. Guess I was right then.... I was gonna put down some facts here but damn, one of the lovers may be mafia too....

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think of this game, how is this going to work for the town? I think we have taken part in a complete russian roulette game....
    Last edited by Waker; 2014-08-11 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very odd game. 8 players, 6 town and 2 scum. 1 mislynch will take us down to 4 town and 2 scum it seems so this is definitely not a game where I'd be comfortable going rng day 1 and lurker lynch day 2 or vice versa ha. xD

We have 24 hours, I'll be around for the next 5 or so, then asleep for 8, then around for a couple, then at work for 5 and then home for the last 3-4 if it lasts that long, OP also states no night so I'm guessing it will just go straight to day 2 as soon as Celtic announces the lynch, which would also mean no night actions.

Although he says night will happen if we fail to reach majority, another oddity. Is this just him saying "if you don't reach majority and it hits deadline, stop posting until I get on" or will he make a night for a few hours ha.

When day deadline is reached, I (not Celtic) will make a post about who's got lynched/killed. Please do not post until I've made the update. If there was a failure in reaching majority lynch, then there'll be a night phase where mafia can make a kill (town really does want to majority lynch as you an see). Deadline for this extra night will be 24 hours. If there is no night phase, then the following day will start as soon as I've posted the update on who died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see, that clears it up.

And I got the mods mixed up, too busy thinking about the designer mafia game ha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Romeo Oh Romeo, where fore art thou Romeo!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I'm trying to work out what the best strategy for this is. If there are no night phases if we majority lynch then that must mean we don't have any TPRs and this is just on our gut instinct.

I'm off to bed now but I'll be back later. Hopefully someone has a plan going forward because Eeny, Meany, Miney, Moe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Oh Romeo Oh Romeo, where fore art thou Romeo!

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I'm trying to work out what the best strategy for this is. If there are no night phases if we majority lynch then that must mean we don't have any TPRs and this is just on our gut instinct.

I'm off to bed now but I'll be back later. Hopefully someone has a plan going forward because Eeny, Meany, Miney, Moe
    You're off to bed at 2 in the afternoon? Lazy bum!

Anyways back to that game: I think we really need people talking and spitballing ideas. The more opinions on the more the better info we'll have for tomorrow after a couple of people are dead.

So if I'm reading this right... if we lynch anyone two people will die and if we don't then two people will die to a NK... hmmm... Voting for a majority no lynch (which is a small game like this normally wouldn't be a half bad idea) isn't an option because it sounds like then the mafia wouldn't get a kill and we'd have no information to go off of on D2... and even if we do hit scum we will lose at least one town as well. But it's most important to always have a majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what would happen if we majority no lynch, would mafia still get a kill or would it bassically just get Keleb to go "Okay day 1 over, no lynch, day 2 now enjoy" lol

I guess it would reset the timer for day though which could be good if we do begin to get close to the limit and havn't made a decision yet, if we assume it counts as a majority.

Hey - all, this should be fun.

Just keep your hands off of my man and/or woman!

Just a random thought, do we really lose anything if we told that who we are lovers with?

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Just a random thought, do we really lose anything if we told that who we are lovers with?
    Hmm... I don't think so. We'd know who would be dying with who though and that could be helpful on some level.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course if you were unlucky and got paired with someone people like to lynch that might not work out so well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Scum can then target two good players for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Scum can then target two good players for the price of one.
    Really only an issue if we don't get a majority lynch, if I'm reading the OP right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan View Post
    Really only an issue if we don't get a majority lynch, if I'm reading the OP right.
    That was my thought. If what's in the OP is accurate as long as we majority lynch the mafia wouldn't get to do a kill. I mean of course they are going to try and influence the lynches... but I sort of feel like unless we have reason to believe a strong player is scum town would want to keep them around.