CM Realm Best times question

So, I'm helping a friend get his Mistwalker title for WoD. He's in a pretty low pop realm but he has 2 people with him who can help, so that's not the issue.

The issue is, people transferred to his realm in the past, and stole the realm best times with US best times to get the titles, then transferred off.

Do I have to beat their time to get my friend his title even though they're no longer in the realm, or can I beat the current realm best that follows the title criteria to get him his title? I'd like to know because the current times (excluding the scum that xferred because they aren't cut for competition on their high pop realm) are VERY attainable.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: answer the question. I didn't ask you if you think people transferring to steal times is a good thing or not.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-08-12 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    The issue is, people transferred to his realm in the past, and stole the realm best times with US best times to get the titles, then transferred off.
    They stole nothing. Yes, I agree it's a kinda shady thing to do, but they working under the same rule sets as everyone else. And yes, you have to beat the times they set.

Deleted
    If you seriously want to try realm-best times and still need someone, I'm interested doing timed-runs as well. I'm very addictive to CMs (8x9/9) with 3 chars being very close-to BiS. I'm mostly interested in a skilled group, but obviously it would be great if we beat a time from my server as well. Send me a pm if you want more information!

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you have at least 1 Realmbest FoS you should get Mistwalker anyway.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    So, I'm helping a friend get his Mistwalker title for WoD. He's in a pretty low pop realm but he has 2 people with him who can help, so that's not the issue.

Do I have to beat their time to get my friend his title even though they're no longer in the realm, or can I beat the current realm best that follows the title criteria to get him his title? I'd like to know because the current times (excluding the scum that xferred because they aren't cut for competition on their high pop realm) are VERY attainable.

Thanks in advance.
    Lol you shouldn't be so sour, it's just a game champ, they didn't "steal" anything, and they're hardly "scum" even if they did what you're saying, Chill lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    They stole nothing. Yes, I agree it's a kinda shady thing to do, but they working under the same rule sets as everyone else. And yes, you have to beat the times they set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol you shouldn't be so sour, it's just a game champ, they didn't "steal" anything, and they're hardly "scum" even if they did what you're saying, Chill lol
    Thanks for missing the point of the thread. If you can't answer the question, don't bother replying. I asked a question, not for your opinion on the transferring matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tioz View Post
    If you seriously want to try realm-best times and still need someone, I'm interested doing timed-runs as well. I'm very addictive to CMs (8x9/9) with 3 chars being very close-to BiS. I'm mostly interested in a skilled group, but obviously it would be great if we beat a time from my server as well. Send me a pm if you want more information!
    I already have my 9/9 Realm Best FoS and I'm not interested in the massive grind it'd take for me to take them again on my home realm (even more so after learning that those titles are not permanent and will go away forever once 6.0 arrives). Thanks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    Once you have at least 1 Realmbest FoS you should get Mistwalker anyway.
    I know that. They have some times that are very easily attainable with a good team. They just want the Mistwalker title.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2014-08-12 at 03:39 PM.

In the event you are still confused, you need to beat the time shown on wowprogress for your server. I wouldnt go by the in-game time as that can show times from people not on your server. After completing the CM and obtaining the realm best FoS, you are guaranteed Mistwalker as a title (even if this time gets beat later on).

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    And yes, you have to beat the times they set.
    If they have transferred off the server then you don't need to beat there time as far as I know, there was someone streaming carries that got a realm best time which was previously held by another group that all transferred off.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    In the event you are still confused, you need to beat the time shown on wowprogress for your server.
    This is the best way to find out what time you need to beat, I've got realm best times that in game say I'm 2nd or 3rd but the people higher then me have either transferred off the server or didn't have 3 people from my server on it.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2014-08-13 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    In the event you are still confused, you need to beat the time shown on wowprogress for your server. I wouldnt go by the in-game time as that can show times from people not on your server. After completing the CM and obtaining the realm best FoS, you are guaranteed Mistwalker as a title (even if this time gets beat later on).
    Thanks for this, I have been wondering which time exactly I will have to be going for. Clears it up a lot.

Also makes me realize my Alliance server has totally beatable times... Scarlet Halls was showing 3 minutes in game, but it's actually around 7. I can prob beat 7, but 3 is super intense.

Deleted
    WoWprogress will have the active realm #1 times for your server, you can pretty much ignore the official leaderboard as there are so many inactive times left on it due to transfers and xrealm groups.

We do need to account for all of the Connected Realms, correct? Like for Black Dragonflight I'd need to also check Gul'dan and Skullcrushers's times? Per this list on the blog: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/113...e-808-8-8-2014

While I agree that it's kinda rude they did that it hardly makes the scum. Other than that you should be able to obtain it regardless.