Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah, Mr.Prophet Velen, also known as, The Divine, Prophet of the Naaru and the Great Prophet would pretty much not allow Warlocks to happen.

Velen decided to leave his Eredar brethren in the first place because Velen did not approve the arts of dark magic that Sargeras, Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde practiced (and because he got a vision or whatever that Sargeras was a bad guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Try to see this like a problem that you need to solve.
    If this arguments are still stoping you to form a plot for Draenei Warlocks to become a new class in the Alliance, I can't say anything for you.
    But from my viewpoint, it's one of the most eazy things to write (lore) and design (gameplay).
    It's hardly about being able to "solve the problem".

It's like trying to put a square peg in a round slot. Sure, with enough force, you could jam that peg in there. But it's not about getting it in; it's about whether it looks right once it is in. I just can't see that forcing Draenei warlocks to be viable would be worth it to anyone but a few people who care only about "how cool it would be."

Yeah, Mr.Prophet Velen, also known as, The Divine, Prophet of the Naaru and the Great Prophet would pretty much not allow Warlocks to happen.

Velen decided to leave his Eredar brethren in the first place because Velen did not approve the arts of dark magic that Sargeras, Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde practiced (and because he got a vision or whatever that Sargeras was a bad guy).

...but Velen see a new vision: in the upcoming war against the Legion, they need new allys. Someones that nobody ever imagined: the Elderbunnys!! (random name). A new faction of renegade Eredars that joined the alliance under Velen's supervision. After all, the enemy of my enemy, is my friend!!!

Pay someone to develop this idea, put some quest-texts like Tauren Paladins or wait for a new book to explain this "new" faction, or if you have a lot of resource, create a quest-chain introduction like DKs.

It's like trying to put a square peg in a round slot. Sure, with enough force, you could jam that peg in there. But it's not about getting it in; it's about whether it looks right once it is in. I just can't see that forcing Draenei warlocks to be viable would be worth it to anyone but a few people who care only about "how cool it would be."
    This is exactly what Blizzard is doing since Vanilla. Remember Kael'thas in WC3 ending? Remember Illidan? etc...They pushed them to raids with a new random-story.
    So they can continue Velen's story to new directions (doesn't matter how stupid it sounds).
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2014-08-13 at 11:26 AM.

...but Velen see a new vision: in the upcoming war against the Legion, they need new allys. Someones that nobody ever imagined: the Elderbunnys!! (random name). A new faction of renegade Eredars that joined the alliance under Velen's supervision. After all, the enemy of my enemy, is my friend!!!

Pay someone to develop this idea, put some quest-texts like Tauren Paladins or wait for a new book to explain this "new" faction, or if you have a lot of resource, create a quest-chain introduction like DKs.
    This is what I'm talking about. Needlessly forcing Draenei warlocks to be viable.

Evil factions don't justify playable options.

Rogue is a possibility. Warlock is not.

FYI, the Draenei Rangari are supposed to be Rangers in camouflage. They're not Rogues.

Rogues aren't just guys who can stealth, they are assassins, thieves, bandits, nerdowells, scoundels. They're called "Rogue" for a reason. Draenei do not fit into any of that.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-08-13 at 11:39 AM.

This is what I'm talking about. Needlessly forcing Draenei warlocks to be viable
    Like Tauren Paladins, or Gnome warriors, etc...? yeah, they are a bit "forced", but like we all saw, Blizzard don't have nay problem expanding the gameplay with some excuses, quest-texts, or using all material/story-lines (wildhammer clan/ highborne n.elfs / etc...).

The only problem that I have is that your character should be "deformed" with the main characteristics of the story-faction (tatoos for wildhammer clan shamans, eredar faction for warlock Draeneis, white/silver hair for Mage N.Elfs, Green or black skin for Orc Warlocks, etc...).
    Blizzard already said that this features are in their wish-list too. But a "wish-list" is really far from "what the game needs".

how would there be enough dreanai warlocks to justify a player population of them? This reasoning has been used by blizzard before if there are not enough of a class within a race to justify it being a player-race. There is no precedent for good draenai warlocks or acceptance of warlocks by the Draenai within their own ranks (lore wise they only barely tolerate warlocks of other races)

This is not comparable to the Night elves accepting high elven mages. This is the equivalent of the night elves recruiting Satyr. It isn't going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Tauren Paladins, or Gnome warriors, etc...? yeah, they are a bit "forced", but like we all saw, Blizzard don't have nay problem expanding the gameplay with some excuses, quest-texts, or using all material/story-lines (wildhammer clan/ highborne n.elfs / etc...).

The only problem that I have is that your character should be "deformed" with the main characteristics of the story-faction (tatoos for wildhammer clan shamans, eredar faction for warlock Draeneis, white/silver hair for Mage N.Elfs, Green or black skin for Orc Warlocks, etc...).
    Blizzard already said that this features are in their wish-list too. But a "wish-list" is really far from "what the game needs".
    Tauren Sunwalkers were included in a rather unique and useful manner that was still compatible with the Tauren. Demonic magic does NOT bring these oppurtunities to the table.

Gnomes CAN be warriors. They still need a melee fighting force. Albiet one more tech and gadget reliant.

Warlocks for draenai have no possible reasons, no justifications, no excuses and lore based sources only aim at the contrary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FraterN View Post
    I would highly, HIGHLY doubt that they'd allow Draenei to become warlocks, but if they did you can bet your ass I'd race switch my lock so fast it would make the blizzard store spin. It's totally against their lore, but hey, we have night elf mages so who knows what could happen.
    Why is it such a stretch to imagine that after tenthousand years Tyrande finds it hypocritical to shame your own people for using magic when she has spend the last 12 years working with allies who don't give a damn about magic?

A Draenei Warlock is no longer a Draenei, a repented 'Draenei' Warlock is no longer a Warlock.

It does not work. When it comes to creating lore in this regard Draenei are a special case. You can't just tweak a bit of lore to add them in, because that tweak goes against their very nature.

Draenei isn't a race, it's a philosophy.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-08-13 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    If there were going to be new class/race combos they would of been announced by now to generate hype as new features.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Why is it such a stretch to imagine that after tenthousand years Tyrande finds it hypocritical to shame your own people for using magic when she has spend the last 12 years working with allies who don't give a damn about magic?
    plus as I mentioned in my post above. Draenai accepting warlocks is more like night Elves accepting Satyrs.

Admittedly, I don't care too strongly for Tauren Paladins. But I'm fine with the way they were presented. Yes, lore was created to justify them, but it was lore I could accept. I felt that it fit well enough. I don't feel like it was forced in the way that justifying Draenei warlocks would be forced.

I have yet to hear a fathomable way that Draenei warlocks could be made viable without either diminishing what it means to be a Draenei, or diminishing what it means to be a warlock.

Screw draeneai locks or rogues what they needed to add in MoP was Pandaren druids. Bearform Pandaren would of been awesome!

how would there be enough dreanai warlocks to justify a player population of them? This reasoning has been used by blizzard before if there are not enough of a class within a race to justify it being a player-race. There is no precedent for good draenai warlocks or acceptance of warlocks by the Draenai within their own ranks (lore wise they only barely tolerate warlocks of other races)

This is not comparable to the Night elves accepting high elven mages. This is the equivalent of the night elves recruiting Satyr. It isn't going to happen.
    Let me understand what you are saying:
    Blizzard fucked the lore a lot of times (retcon), they used the gameplay over the lore (priest-holy in undeads for example), they transofrmed their own characters to be big baddies after saving their own race (other characters were fucked too, but that's an example), they created new class-race that nobody listened before (tauren-paladins), they created new lore that never existed in RTS games, etc...
    BUT, they can't create a new faction and be accepted for a character that they invented in TBC (no sketch, no concepts, no information before TBC, even in the Outland-Campaign in WC3 under a playable Akama...).

Of course you are right that Velen hates all Eredars, but in Warcraft, nothing is immovable. And Draenei-warlocks are really eazy to be done (or accepted for Velen if you use this like your main excuse to not accept them in Alliance).

plus as I mentioned in my post above. Draenai accepting warlocks is more like night Elves accepting Satyrs
    I can answer that: The gameplay.
    -Satyrs don't give us anything new (at the moment...nobody knows what is in Blizzards employers head).
    -They need to be redone for the gear.
    -Animations for all classes: new rigging, new skeletons, etc...
    -Problems with some overlapped polygons (mainly horns).
    -Visual Update.

Appart from that, we need someone important in Blizzard to support this idea of Satyrs being playable. If not, they are just like all other races that are just only NPCs (doesn't matter if they are good, or bad). If the problem is their lore, they can fix that later. And of course, satyrs are a new race, not a new class. In lore they are close to what you mean, but in gameplay, they are far away...
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2014-08-13 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Draeni Warlocks would be like the Vatican electing a known Satanist who openly practice satanism as pope.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Why are people so keen on butchering the niche that makes the playable Draenei unique from other races?
    Because some people view the game as a short of MOBA rather than a role-playing game. So lore and "feel" don't mean much to them; they see playable characters mostly as skins. And Blizzard, with their focus on instanced, repeated content, doesn't help matters either.

And then there are people that think tauren rogues would be cool. Like tauren priests right now. "Wtf" indeed, but that is how opinions work

Deleted
    And Draenei-warlocks are really eazy to be done (or accepted for Velen if you use this like your main excuse to not accept them in Alliance).
    Except they go against everything the Draenei stand for. Like Netherspark said, being Draenei is more of a philosophy than a race.

A Draenei Warlock is like a cow-eating Hindu, not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except they go against everything the Draenei stand for. Like Netherspark said, being Draenei is more of a philosophy than a race.

A Draenei Warlock is like a cow-eating Hindu, not going to happen.
    "But they are nice warlocks."

Let me understand what you are saying:
    Blizzard fucked the lore a lot of times (retcon), they used the gameplay over the lore (priest-holy in undeads for example), they transofrmed their own characters to be big baddies after saving their own race (other characters were fucked too, but that's an example), they created new class-race that nobody listened before (tauren-paladins), they created new lore that never existed in RTS games, etc...
    BUT, they can't create a new faction and be accepted for a character that they invented in TBC (no sketch, no concepts, no information before TBC, even in the outland campaign in WC3 under a playable Akama...).

Of course you are right that Velen hates all Eredars, but in Warcraft, nothing is immovable. And Draenei-warlocks are really eazy to be done (or accepted for Velen if you use this like your main excuse to not accept them in Alliance).
    There is no other class in the game other than priest that has such a blatant dichotomy within itself. That is the reason why Blizzard has no other option than to play the "gameplay > lore" card when dealing with races that fit perfectly in one niche of the class, but clashes with the other. Lorewise, there are probably very few, if any, Forsaken Holy/Disc Priests or Night Elf/Draenei/Tauren Shadow Priests. But because priests have that blatant dichotomy, and it would be wrong to keep the entire race away from that class because of it, Blizzard has to contrive some lore in some cases. That's just how it is.

That blatant dichotomy exists as well between the Draenei race and the warlock class, such that mixing them will do nothing but devalue either one or the other.