Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms BiS List for 6.0

Since mastery will be the preferred stat for Arms warriors in 6.0+, is there a list of BiS gear compiled anywhere?

For what, T17? We haven't seen all the loot drops yet so can't make a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    For what, T17? We haven't seen all the loot drops yet so can't make a list.
    Patch 6.0 not the WoD expansion. ALL existing gear that will reflect the changes due to hit, expertise, dodge, parry, etc... going away. It is safe to assume that Arms will favor Mastery at this point so I would like to know if anyone has compiled a list of 6.0 BiS gear. I saw a list of 6.0 Fury BiS pieces in a recent thread and I was curious how much, if any, will the Arms BiS list change.

Arms will not prefer mastery at this point. It's actually a fairly weak stat.

Who cares about leveling BIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Who cares about leveling BIS?

I think the OP is concerned about Mythic raiding in SoO. Or just raiding in general once 6.0 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think the OP is concerned about Mythic raiding in SoO. Or just raiding in general once 6.0 hits.
    Exactly this...

Why must things always be explained to, Jalopy? The dumb warrior stereotype should stay within the game, it doesn't have to spill over into the real world...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-08-13 at 02:27 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    Exactly this...

Why must things always be explained to, Jalopy? The dumb warrior stereotype should stay within the game, it doesn't have to spill over into the real world...
    Shots fired.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind knowing this myself so I can have some good fun for a couple weeks in Mythic SoO. Unfortunately as the spec changes the gear might too so spending the time on it may be a waste right now.

Crit and mastery because the new stats aren't avaiable.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Since we're on the subject, I actually noticed that a lot of the (previous) tanking items with parry/dodge I have laying in my bag have way more stats than my current BIS setup on the beta.

Tanking chest I simply used for transmog purposes, itemlevel 566, has 15-20 more str and 10 more of each secondary than my 588 dark shamans chest. Since it had parry/dodge it is now also crit mastery. Same thing applies to other items like shoulders.

It may or may not get fixed before 6.0 is released, but if it's not you should stack up on tank-gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    Since we're on the subject, I actually noticed that a lot of the (previous) tanking items with parry/dodge I have laying in my bag have way more stats than my current BIS setup on the beta.

Tanking chest I simply used for transmog purposes, itemlevel 566, has 15-20 more str and 10 more of each secondary than my 588 dark shamans chest. Since it had parry/dodge it is now also crit mastery. Same thing applies to other items like shoulders.

It may or may not get fixed before 6.0 is released, but if it's not you should stack up on tank-gear.
    I've noticed this as well but didn't catch the chest disparity. The one that caught my eye was Immerseus bracers I think having 1 more Crit rating than Norushen's, But yeah, currently chasing some of the tank gear for 6.0 leveling since crit/mastery versus crit/haste or mastery/haste.

Edit: As for the OP, I doubt much will change for Arms except weapon (Nazgrim's mace) since most of the current stuff already has Arms' two best obtainable stats.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had to delete my previous post after realized the huge stupid mistake I made during simming.

While simming I'm noticing crit dropping in value as we get more of it, but it's still better than Haste so I'm assuming our BiS list will probably consist of the same pieces we currently have, except Boots will be replaced with the boots from Malkorok, BiS rings will be Devilfang+Bloodclaw, Trinkets will be Skeers/TTT, and BiS wep will either be Gar'tok or Xal'atoh. This is assuming some of the tank pieces don't end up with more stats than the dps gear.

Because of the crit dropping in value we will probably end up with mixed gems of crit and mastery. Crit is also a blue gem in 6.0 so blue sockets can be gemmed with 10crit/10mastery. Red may use 5str and either 10 crit or mastery or just ignore socket bonus depending on the bonus. Yellow will be either 20 crit or 20 mastery.

Don't see much point in spending the time trying to figure out when the crit value is dropping off when things are subject to change anyways.

EDIT: These sims were done with Slam, Dragon Roar, and Bloodbath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post

I'm pretty sure that got fixed already, I got both the HWF (now mythic wf) shamanistic mirror dps chest and the Iron Jugger tanking one. They have the same amount of Str (101) and similar values for crit/mastery, only the split is slightly more towards crit on the DPS chest, and slightly more towards mastery on the tanking one.

As far as I can tell from the available gear, you can pretty much leave the current BiS list the same except changing rings for Devilfang and Bloodclaw Bands and to get the Boots from Malkorok.

If you want to drop the 2-set as well (not sure if that's beneficial or not, but seeing as there currently is no or hardly any rage management you might as well consider it) you should pick up the Rage-Blind Greathelm from Norushen and Calixian Bladebreakers from Blackfuse. Both turn into crit/mastery as secondary stats and since they aren't tier pieces, will have a higher statbudget as WF

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    As far as I can tell from the available gear, you can pretty much leave the current BiS list the same except changing rings for Devilfang and Bloodclaw Bands and to get the Boots from Malkorok.
    Don't forget about sacking Evil Eye for Skeers!

Deleted
    Threw this together in GDocs in about 20 minutes, left out enchants because I don't know what the deal is with them yet. Mastery is simming as Arms' best stat in prepatch, thus the gem choices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...P5k/edit#gid=0

Deleted
    wait mastery is our best stat? from the latest sims that Collision did it showed crit > ms > mastery, or did I severely misunderstand something...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    wait mastery is our best stat? from the latest sims that Collision did it showed crit > ms > mastery, or did I severely misunderstand something...
    Comment didn't post last time, but I said that the copy of the sims I had were showing Mastery on top, just reran them and it's showing this for me:

Will edit the spreadsheet to show the right gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Spreadsheet Edited with those weights, if anyone gets anything different let me know and I'll update stuff.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When slam was benefiting from mastery it was actually Crit being the best stat until around 50% (for unknown reasons) and then mastery taking the lead for some reason. With Slam's nerf I'm assuming your sims above are about right. It's pretty sad especially when Celestalon keeps going on about it being our best stat.

I expect some sort of mastery re-tuning before 6.0 hits live. Hopefully a re-vamp rather than re-tuning, but that may be hoping too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    When slam was benefiting from mastery it was actually Crit being the best stat until around 50% (for unknown reasons) and then mastery taking the lead for some reason. With Slam's nerf I'm assuming your sims above are about right. It's pretty sad especially when Celestalon keeps going on about it being our best stat.
    I'll have to fiddle with the settings, but that's got me talented with Sudden Death, I can only assume that with Taste For Blood instead of Sudden Death the values won't be too far off.

That said, resimming with different talents now to see if I get any different data. Currently Simming with: Juggernaut, Enraged Regen, Taste for Blood, Dragon Roar, Vigilance, Bloodbath.

Got these results, safe to say that they won't change until Mastery gets good again.
    Last edited by mmoc35ad792a71; 2014-08-21 at 06:24 PM.