Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    I will start challenge modes as dps with my friends. I will go as dw frost because i think that will do the biggest damage out of the 3 spec, and i like it. But i need some informations about stat prio (maybe hit-exp>master>crit>haste) and the gear what can i use , or whats the most beneficial items what i can use as a dw frost.
    Your stats are correct, hit-exp>master>crit>haste. If you want stat weights, simC has a cmode setting to scale your gear down to 463, but I'm not aware of anyone doing a cmode BiS list for dks.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Your stats are correct, hit-exp>master>crit>haste. If you want stat weights, simC has a cmode setting to scale your gear down to 463, but I'm not aware of anyone doing a cmode BiS list for dks.
    It really doesn't matter. CMS are far more about proper execution. I've seen/done them with people in quest greens still.

Gear just makes it slightly easier if you are tight on timing.

Basically, aim for max sockets and you'll be fine.

Deleted
    I forgot to ask one more thing, i know now what was it. So people say that Dk's have scaling issues. How does it will looks like in WoD. Does the stat squish change something ?

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    I forgot to ask one more thing, i know now what was it. So people say that Dk's have scaling issues. How does it will looks like in WoD. Does the stat squish change something ?
    Stat squish and the rebalancing of weapon damage and str-AP basically changes everything. If our scaling was a dartboard, blizzard just threw a new dart.

Deleted
    Thank you for the answer. I don't really care about bad or good scaling because I love playing with Dk. But I was really interested about this after i read how bad dk's are in the end of the expansion. And thank you for helping me with the CM.

Just one more question. If i would do it in unholy or 2handed frost my stat prio would be haste>crit>mastery ?
    Last edited by mmocce1a1323c7; 2014-07-28 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted

jc dk's special gems: crit or str? haste breakpoints table for gary's attacks?

Hi Menddenbarr, I'm a huge fan of yours.

1) For a JC UH DK is better going for specific profession given str gems or crit gems? In your guide on elitist jerks you wrote str gems: do you still have this opinion and if it doesn't bother you explain me why seen it seems we dk's have major benefits from crit nowadays?

2) I was looking on the net about haste breakpoints: you are using 9k + haste on your toon and I think it's because you have enough mastery and our beloved Gary get 17 attacks, am I correct? Please if you can might I have a link where I can see clearly haste breakpoints and the corresponding gary's attacks?

Please pardon me if my questions make you repeat things already written.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverre View Post
    Hi Menddenbarr, I'm a huge fan of yours.

1) For a JC UH DK is better going for specific profession given str gems or crit gems? In your guide on elitist jerks you wrote str gems: do you still have this opinion and if it doesn't bother you explain me why seen it seems we dk's have major benefits from crit nowadays?

2) I was looking on the net about haste breakpoints: you are using 9k + haste on your toon and I think it's because you have enough mastery and our beloved Gary get 17 attacks, am I correct? Please if you can might I have a link where I can see clearly haste breakpoints and the corresponding gary's attacks?

Please pardon me if my questions make you repeat things already written.

Hello Neverre!

1) Strength gems give 320 total strength, or 160 extra strength, while crit gems give 480 total crit, or 160 extra crit. The question is then, what's better for you, 320 strength or 480 crit? Generally strength wins out, so the guide is still correct. Crit isn't GOOD, all the other stats are just less good. Haste has become weak since we are GCD capped so much of the time, which means more haste leads to overcapping and lost value. And mathematically, mastery just doesn't effect enough of our damage to be better than crit(not including DWF). Unlike int and agi, we don't get bonus crit from using STR, so when the gems offer twice as much crit as strength, crit gems are normally stronger.

2) The breakpoints for gary are insubstantial for the most part, while they do technically exist, they are altered enough by lag and pet AI imperfections that it's not really worth going for them. I have 9k haste because I like the feeling of having that ballpark of haste, and because it provides me with some extra benefit on low soaking fights such as nazgrim. I can't really get more crit, but I would be able to gain slightly, and I do mean slightly, more damage on heavy soaking fights by swapping over to a mastery heavier build, at the cost of light soaking fight damage.

Deleted
    Thank you for your quick reply!

So we benefit more of the jc specific STR gems and equipping or gemming or reforging haste for Gary has no reason nowadays.

Then I suppose, translating it in a pvp context, as human UH DK:

1) we would have more benefits from blacksmithing (bracers + gloves extra slots) + enchanting (ring "extra slot" enchant) as professions since engineering gloves enchant shares a CD with the pvp trinket;

2) since haste has no reason on Gary, equipping crit/exp pvp bracers gives major benefits than haste/mastery pvp ones.

Pardon my silly questions, thank you again for your attention and please keep up the amazing and exceptional work you are doing about dk's!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverre View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply!

So we benefit more of the jc specific STR gems and equipping or gemming or reforging haste for Gary has no reason nowadays.

Then I suppose, translating it in a pvp context, as human UH DK:

1) we would have more benefits from blacksmithing (bracers + gloves extra slots) + enchanting (ring "extra slot" enchant) as professions since engineering gloves enchant shares a CD with the pvp trinket;

2) since haste has no reason on Gary, equipping crit/exp pvp bracers gives major benefits than haste/mastery pvp ones.

Pardon my silly questions, thank you again for your attention and please keep up the amazing and exceptional work you are doing about dk's!
    I can't pretend to have any knowledge of pvp, but I'd imagine that the rocket boots and goblin glider outweigh any minor determinants of not being able to stack with trinkets. No idea on pvp stat weights, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Quick question what is best DK Farming spec/Build/Glyphs/rotation for mob tagging and farm down (lv90)?
    I'd say DWF. HB is the spammable attack, it's got a decent range, fast recharge, is instant, and AEs multiple mobs. No waiting for your pet or worrying about diseases.
    Alternatively, if it's possible to pull enough mobs to kill you, going blood might be the right call.

Deleted
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by mmoc1796efcc89; 2014-08-24 at 09:41 AM.

2 quick questions.

How long does an add/mob have to be alive for for it to be worth plague striking for blood plague for oblits (when swapping for add but aren't aoeing really like norushen as 2h frost).

My plague leech feels buggy and unresponsive, sometimes I press it and nothing happens (with both diseases on target) and sometimes I only get 1 rune, whats up with that?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    2 quick questions.

How long does an add/mob have to be alive for for it to be worth plague striking for blood plague for oblits (when swapping for add but aren't aoeing really like norushen as 2h frost).

My plague leech feels buggy and unresponsive, sometimes I press it and nothing happens (with both diseases on target) and sometimes I only get 1 rune, whats up with that?

Thanks.
    For 2H frost, the targets needs to live at least 24 seconds (8 ticks).

PL only restores runes that are fully depleted, if there is only one fully depleted rune it will only restore one rune, and if there are no fully depleted runes it will not be castable. The unresponsiveness is due to ability batching and delay times, and is much improved on beta for warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    For 2H frost, the targets needs to live at least 24 seconds (8 ticks).

PL only restores runes that are fully depleted, if there is only one fully depleted rune it will only restore one rune, and if there are no fully depleted runes it will not be castable. The unresponsiveness is due to ability batching and delay times, and is much improved on beta for warlords.
    Okay cheers, So I should just oblit with 1 disease (Frost fever from HB) when the target lives less than that?

Thanks for the answers.

My bad, I didn't read the "for oblits" part. I thought you were referring to tab targetting to a secondary mod and trying to multidot. If you plan on olbiting the target, it's always worth applying BP as long as you're going to hit it at least once with obliterate.

So I don't usually play on my DK much, but in the past week or 2 it's been one of my more active characters due to wanting to have something to gear before WoD drops. My warrior and hunter and are way geared and into heroic but my DK is sat at 548 equipped.

I play Unholy, as I find frost about as exciting as watching two and a half men.

I simmed earlier and simcraft threw me heavily into haste, and simmed me the priority of:

Wspeed > Str > Hit > Exp ~= Wdps > Haste > Mastery ~= Crit > AP

Whereas the 5.4 default build stated by mr robot and many guides is

Hit=Exp > Crit >= Mastery > Haste

Anyone explain why I seem to have been given a TON of haste? It doesn't particularly make any sense to me at all. Feels like simcraft has bugged out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by kelnoctis View Post
    So I don't usually play on my DK much, but in the past week or 2 it's been one of my more active characters due to wanting to have something to gear before WoD drops. My warrior and hunter and are way geared and into heroic but my DK is sat at 548 equipped.

I play Unholy, as I find frost about as exciting as watching two and a half men.

I simmed earlier and simcraft threw me heavily into haste, and simmed me the priority of:

Wspeed > Str > Hit > Exp ~= Wdps > Haste > Mastery ~= Crit > AP

Whereas the 5.4 default build stated by mr robot and many guides is

Hit=Exp > Crit >= Mastery > Haste

Anyone explain why I seem to have been given a TON of haste? It doesn't particularly make any sense to me at all. Feels like simcraft has bugged out on me.

The less haste you have, the better it is. I'd imagine you simmed that following the stat weights in guides and having a small amount of haste. I'd be surprised if haste is still your best stat if you reforge and gem into it. You want to reach an amount of haste that you are comfortable at, a place where you feel you nearly always have something to press, but you aren't watching rune bars cap, unable to spend them fast enough. This point is generally around the 4-10k mark.

Sorry in advance for what is probably a repeat question. Trying to help our raids UH dk min/max. Yesterday we were working on dummies and I was under the impression that gargoyle snap shots your current AP when cast. Yet after a dummy test with no buff/proc/pot and a test with all of the above, the test WITHOUT higher AP when cast did more damage. Now granted the non buffed pull had one more crit but it should have been almosy 40% weaker. Are we missing something? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyddus View Post
    Sorry in advance for what is probably a repeat question. Trying to help our raids UH dk min/max. Yesterday we were working on dummies and I was under the impression that gargoyle snap shots your current AP when cast. Yet after a dummy test with no buff/proc/pot and a test with all of the above, the test WITHOUT higher AP when cast did more damage. Now granted the non buffed pull had one more crit but it should have been almosy 40% weaker. Are we missing something? Thanks!
    Gary the gargoyle is fully dynamic, and inherits his master's stats with regular updates, on a fixed interval. When you summon him, he should have your current haste/mastery/AP as SP (times some modifier i don't remember offhand), but he updates roughly every 2-3 seconds with whatever stat changes you have. So proccing trinkets, or trinkets falling off do affect his damage. The overall uptime of the trinket while gary is up is what matters, not whether or not it's up while he's being cast.

Awesome, thank you. So the ideal use would be from my limited thought process, as the fight starts before trinkets proc so he scales the full time trinkets/buffs are up?