Question about Stat Weights [Guardian]

I just started playing my Guardian Druid again and want to punch some stat weights into Ask Mr. Robot. What is the norm that's recommended? When I drop other tank druids into it, it tells me that a lot of their stuff needs to be "optomized". I assume that since they're geared, they know what they're doing.

Any suggestions? I am 520 ilvl atm.

Been a while since I checked Guardian, but iirc it's just Hit/Exp cap then Crit for the most part. Default AMR looks okay, only really need to make sure you tick "Enable At Least mode" in Edit Weights and, besides any specific HP level (none really for pre-heroic raiding), you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Been a while since I checked Guardian, but iirc it's just Hit/Exp cap then Crit for the most part. Default AMR looks okay, only really need to make sure you tick "Enable At Least mode" in Edit Weights and, besides any specific HP level (none really for pre-heroic raiding), you'll be fine.
    That's what I expected, but I just find it odd that all of the Druids I look at don't follow that weight build :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwtin View Post
    That's what I expected, but I just find it odd that all of the Druids I look at don't follow that weight build :/
    Max RPS is the following:

7.5% Hit = 15% Expertise > Crit (79% in Bear form with buffs) > Haste > Crit (excess of 79%)

Max Damage is the following:

7.5% Hit = 15% Expertise > Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Max RPS is the following:

7.5% Hit = 15% Expertise > Crit (79% in Bear form with buffs) > Haste > Crit (excess of 79%)

Max Damage is the following:

7.5% Hit = 15% Expertise > Crit
    So, it's really that simple? Just hit the caps and then go full out Crit? O.o

yeah pretty much.

It kinda depends what you're aiming for.

For example my build is: (NOTE: This will not work for you at 520 ilvl due to lack of base expertise on gear)

Hit >=7.5% Weight 200, 0 if over 7.5%
    Expertise <15% Weight 140, 0 if over 15%
    Mastery (weight 180)
    Crit (weight 160)
    Haste (weight 120)

This ends up with me at

52.27% mastery (152,012 or 76.67% armor reducing damage - note; this is without might.)
    73.11% crit (under the 79% crit cap)
    17.36% haste
    (and 7.61 hit, 15.01 expertise -- was 14% expertise till new bracer switch)

The point of my build is the massive armor reduction. I take around 8-10% less dmg per swing then a crit build tank of same gear level. BUT, they do maybe 10-15% more damage then I do, and may have a bit more rage for Frienzied regen.

This means that.. When Locust comes down near the end of Heroic Klaxi.. where he'd usually hit a (Warrior/paladin/monk/dk) tank for 450k x2 swings.. he bearly (lol), hits me for 150-200k x2.

Now

if all you're aiming to do is 5mans, and LFR, then do the Hit cap, Expertise cap (15% for expertise), and then pure crit.
    Gemming
    expertise/Crit red
    Crit yellow
    Crit/stam (or crit/hit) blue

Because that WILL be effective for what you are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked Arielle on Twitter and got this response in regards to AMR for bears:

https://twitter.com/ArielleEJ/status/476496286783266816

Pretty much as stated already then: Hit+Exp>Crit. I think the only difference between that and default AMR build is it won't go for many socket bonuses. Using it on a Generic profile gives me a different gearset though as it changes from things like Exp/Crit gems to pure crit gems with more expertise pieces. Hard to tell without an actual profile to use. :<

As others have already stated, Hit=Exp>Crit is pretty much the way to go. You can also choose to stack haste after the 79% crit soft cap for maximum rage generation, but at this point you already have tons of rage so the extra dps (from more crit) is generally preferrable.

I believe that the physical damage reduction cap (from armor) is 75%, so once you hit a certian item level, mastery is useless most of the time (outside of armor reducing mechanics).

As Arielle pointed out, the extra agility you get from socket bonuses is pretty useless when compared to the extra crit/haste you get from ignoring the bonuses. If you still need to gem for hit/exp then you may as well grab the socket bonuses, but it's not something you should go out of your way to gem for if you can stack straight crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashari View Post
    I believe that the physical damage reduction cap (from armor) is 75%,
    It was increased to 85% at some point in mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    It was increased to 85% at some point in mists.
    Good to know! I've noticed the in game character sheet caps out at 85%, but everything I could find online said 75%.