Looking for suggestions on keyboard/mouse configs and hardware

I took a 6 month break and during that time decided to replace my aging Wolfking Warrior keyboard. It was one of those little round ones with keys arranged in a circle (I can't post links or even frickin type them so you'll have to dig around for images).

How many of you hunters use just a straight keyboard and mouse versus an MMO mouse and a gamepad or peripheral like the one I used? I've been toying with the idea of converting to just a keyboard and mouse versus going back to the gamepad dealy but with all the damn keybinds it seems like a hassle to reach the keys I'll need (the circular arrangement on the Wolfking make reaching alot of different keys a snap).

On a sidenote, anyone using the Razor Orbweaver? Is this something worth considering? I was thinking the D pad on it might make a nice replacement for WASD.

Thanks for the replies.

Razer Naga with a non-special mechanical keyboard(Ducky Shine 3).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    a decent mouse (Mionix naos 8200) and a mechanical keyboard (Corsair K60)

don't get a mouse with 200 buttons, too much stress on your thumb can cause serious problems

10+ Year Old Account
    razer naga is definitely #1 choice for mouse. then just use a keyboard of your preference. ive used 15 dollar keyboards to 115 dollar ones and its up to you to choose one you like. im using the razer blackwidow and wouldn't ever choose another keyboard.
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 on the Razer Naga (although they tend to break quickly - I always have a backup handy)

I recently moved away from the Steelseries Merc Stealth keyboard (it has a gamepad on the far left side) an opted to try the Razer Orbweaver. It takes some getting used to and some careful planning on setting up your custom keybinds, but I have found it to be a nice gamepad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keyboard: zowie celeritas (MX Browns)
    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

There is no "right" answer for this as it all comes down to preference, personally I will never be able to use a mmo specific mouse as the buttons on the side feels too clumped, and it's really not good for your thumb in the long run.

Go to a computer shop or something and see if you can try out different mechanical switches, personally I prefer Brown and Red.

Got a standard keyboard and standard mouse (by which I mean, no macro buttons on any of them).

Never felt like I was missing some buttons, especially with hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post

Never felt like I was missing some buttons, especially with hunters.
    Not to mention the fact that the amount of hunter abilities needing a keybinding will be drasticly reduced in Wod.

Are you using WASD or did you move the keys further in for more space for keybinds?

Mech. keyboard with switches of your choice. I really like Blacks - they're sorta heavy so you're not very likely to mishit things.

Razer Naga is swag, I just use a Razer DeathAdder though, but I slightly wish I had gotten the Naga. Won't be a big deal in WoD tho with all the stuff they're removing.

Deleted
    I would suggest the Logitech g600 over Razer naga, I've used both and the Logitech feels better and so far hasn't broken in which the same time I had 2 Razer Nagas break.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I would suggest the Logitech g600 over Razer naga, I've used both and the Logitech feels better and so far hasn't broken in which the same time I had 2 Razer Nagas break.
    Both break, Naga is for smaller hands while G600 is for bigger hands.

None of my Nagas have broken as I've had 3 over the course of ~4 years, just replaced with newer model always(or ditched the first one as the mouse-wheel click was bugging sometimes, and it's my Disengage button, rip).

If you have delicate Asian features like me, go with the Naga. If you have big manly neckbeard hands, go with the Logitech. That's all you need, a good mouse, imo. Keyboard can be any old POS imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Razer Naga with a non-special mechanical keyboard(Ducky Shine 3).
    qft (do people even say that anymore?)

My naga's playing up every now and then, so I use an Ouroboros atm, its okay, it was free, so no complaints.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

I hate Nagas, doesn't feel like their is any precision with loads of mousebuttons + I have mumble bind on my thumb button. I have like 60 hotkeys I can quite easily use on my keyboard anyway, so it'd be superfluous.

As for keyboard, using a corsair vengeance k70 (reds), same linear switch as the blacks, but lighter, I guess that's down to personal preference however
    Retired hunter

Yeah I can't deal with Reds at all, misclick/make typing mistakes 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer Naga. I tried Logitech G600, but it was not as comfortable for me as the Naga.

For the keyboard I personally use Tesoro Durandal with Cherry MX Brown switches (you can choose whichever switches you prefer with this keyboard and it is one of the cheaper mechanical ones I have found), I find it as good for gaming as for typing.