Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hate to be the party pooper here but is it just me who thought the cinematic was a let down? I'm so sick of orcs, having 8 months of the worst end game content to date wasn't enough, now he have an entire expansion of killing some random orcs? I'm sorry but its boring, we've killed the Lich King, defeated old gods and overthrown dragon aspects (even if Dragon Soul wasn't the best and was out entirely too long Deathwing was still a damn sight more interesting of a bad guy then Garrosh ever was), I just can't bring myself to care about some orcs, and frankly I don't care if they're hot stuff in some weird lore way, they're just orcs at the end of the day.

The expansions have begun to lose a lot of their grandeur since MoP but mists was fun because of the excellent atmosphere and art direction and that truly carried it, the fact that it had no expansion villain worthy of the name was almost forgettable and forgivable at times, until of course we were given 10 months of Siege. To then be given an entire expansion of essentially everything that is wrong with Siege seems not only disappointing but frankly bad for business. I have been playing the game for around 8 years and I am by no means a lore buff, I have some interest in the back story if such story seems interesting, such as that of the Lich King but I have no interest in it beyond that. That being said, and the fact that I'm not a complete lore idiot simply due to the extensive amount of time I have spent playing, I honestly couldn't tell what was going on in the cinematic and why I should care, it took my much more lore versed friend to explain to me what was going on and why that was significant, after which unfortunately I still completely failed to care one bit. As a matter of fact the only person I even recognised was Gul'dan, whom I know nothing about and only recognised him from Hearthstone.

These cinematics are supposed to capture the essence of the expansion, to entice players to want to play, to really get people pumped up and think yea thats a game I want WITHOUT the need for extensive lore background (i.e. Wrath of the Lich King cinematic). If I a player of 8 years doesn't get what the cinematic is about nor grasp its significance how an earth is a casual or new player going to respond? Its all well and good that blizzard want to appeal to their lore buff fans but frankly a game which has lost over 500k subscribers every single quarter since the start of Cataclysm, an almost 50% drop in subscriptions since its WotLK days, appealing solely to the dedicated lore and and original warcraft enthusiasts and alienating anyone else just seems bad for the game as a whole as well as a bad business model.
    Last edited by mmocc56b72b291; 2014-08-15 at 01:04 AM.

WTF!

Not a single mention of the alliance in the entire cinematic.

Kind of a letdown. Decent cinematic but damn where is the other side to Orcs and humans?

Guess noone noticed the clear flaw in the movie at 2.31.... first the ironstar is spinning against mannoroth
    and the next scene at 2.31 when garrosh is aiming the cart... the ironstar is spinning away from mannoroth
    then its spinning forward again.
    First time watching on youtube i had to jump back to actually check if they made that big mistake....
    Last edited by Sime; 2014-08-15 at 02:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Wow where there a lot of fat, living in basement types at that event.
    Hey, at least they got out of the house. Unlike you, who watched it online.

Whewie, Garrosh is the real shiner in this one. Fucking epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Remembrance Day, to commemorate the end of WWI, it's especially big this year for the 100th one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

I'm surprise you're not aware of it as it's a Commonwealth countries thing from the start, we observe it in Canada and everybody has their red flower up.
    Not sure what Lolsteak is talking about, I lived in London for 5 years and they have Remembrance Day and wear the poppy on the lapels just like in Canada. I don't remember if it was a day off or not, but not to have even heard of it is a bit of a shock as everyone is wearing red poppies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey lets go the Star Trek rout and go back in time and change everything. Yep Nerds taking from other nerds for story. Going back in time was such a dumb idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sick of Orcs. My druid has killed dragons, demons and fucking gods. Now I get to kill more orcs.

Boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    WTF!

Kind of a letdown. Decent cinematic but damn where is the other side to Orcs and humans?
    Nor of the horde.. stop the QQ the floor is getting wet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I'm so sick of Orcs. My druid has killed dragons, demons and fucking gods. Now I get to kill more orcs.

Boring.
    As a horde player i agree. sick of orcs. also i just watched the Dranor in action trailer and seeing the horde garison compaired to the alliance version just annoyed me even more. I KNEW IT NOTHING BUT SPIKEY ORC BUILDINGS. i saw that coming.

So this means that ARCHIMONDE and THE DREADLORDS are alive in this timeline.
    Guess no one thought of this.
    Great cinematic though.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Yes Blizzard is just spitting on their player base unlike all the other MMOs who put out quality expansions quicker than they do...oh wait.
    "Quality" is subjective. As for putting out expansions faster, there are several games that do that. The amount of content in Storm Legion destroys the majority of WoW's expansion content. And it came out a year and a half after classic Rift came out. With larger content updates in between and a much, much smaller player base. Just saying that it can be done and, if anybody can do it, Blizzard should be capable of doing better with the amount of funding with which they have to work.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone interested,
    http://imgur.com/a/HhiQM
    Made by SpookyRED on reddit

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    WTF!

Not a single mention of the horde in the entire cinematic.

Not a letdown. Great cinematic. Not worried about fulfilling the title of a 20 year old RTS game.

Which hand has Kargath cut, left or right? It's left in the video but right on the poster on warlords.com!

Quote Originally Posted by melko22 View Post
    Hate to be the party pooper here but is it just me who thought the cinematic was a let down? I'm so sick of orcs, having 8 months of the worst end game content to date wasn't enough, now he have an entire expansion of killing some random orcs? I'm sorry but its boring, we've killed the Lich King, defeated old gods and overthrown dragon aspects (even if Dragon Soul wasn't the best and was out entirely too long Deathwing was still a damn sight more interesting of a bad guy then Garrosh ever was), I just can't bring myself to care about some orcs, and frankly I don't care if they're hot stuff in some weird lore way, they're just orcs at the end of the day.
    I'd rather have 3 orc final expansion bosses than another shitboss dragonsoul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Tbh i think and hope grom will be like illidan, appear to be the final boss and then another raid pops up like sunwell.
    My vote lies on Mannoroth as final boss. Think i read a spoiler somewhere aswell on a boss quote where he said that we thought he was dead so makes sence with him being killed in the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Remembrance Day, to commemorate the end of WWI, it's especially big this year for the 100th one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

I'm surprise you're not aware of it as it's a Commonwealth countries thing from the start, we observe it in Canada and everybody has their red flower up.
    Isn't the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 in 2018? In the US we call it Veterans' Day and practically no one knows what its really about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    So this means that ARCHIMONDE and THE DREADLORDS are alive in this timeline.
    Guess no one thought of this.
    Great cinematic though.
    The real question is "where is Kiljaeden?" KJ taught Guldan how to be a more powerful Warlock and convinced him to invade Azeroth so he should be around somewhere. When Garrosh comes and spoils his party, Guldan can contact KJ to get some backup. Or maybe it doesnt matter because Garrosh is invading Azeroth without KJ pushing the Orcs toward it.

Deleted
    Definitely the weakest cinematic they've done in a long time. Short on sense and ambiguous and generally rather dull.
    Last edited by mmoc4ba93b9265; 2014-08-15 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post
    Definitely the weakest cinematic they've done in a long time. Short and ambiguous and generally rather dull.
    With this comment I'm certain some people are born to be thick. Out of all the things you called it short when it is the longest one ever.