Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I would have liked to think people would have seen the tongue in cheek nature of the post, but unfortunately sarcasm/tongue in cheek doesn't work too well on the internet ^_^
    Might as well kill this thread off
    Last edited by mmoc40f63824e8; 2014-08-15 at 09:52 AM. Reason: grammar an ting

Quote Originally Posted by Ixidron View Post
    I would have liked to think people would have seen the tongue in cheek nature of the post, but unfortunately sarcasm/tongue in cheek doesn't work too well on the internet ^_^
    Might as well kill this thread off
    Some of the replies are a little, overly serious(?) I agree. And on that note, I feel for you, I really do. Disney World is an amazing trip. I took my kids there about 5 years ago and I wouldn't trade that trip for anything. But I perfectly understand your feeling of disappointment of what you will miss out on while you are gone. I also know that trip is not cheap and it's a done deal, so what can ya do? Buy a nice bottle of champagne that night and you all just drown your sorrows together. At least you both will know what the other is feeling over missing it. It's nice you all play the game together. On that note, I hope you have a safe and FUN trip and WoW will be here for you both when you return! Bon Voyage!

Deleted
    You should definitely cancel your honeymoon. Some things are just more important.

So me and my wife have finally gotten around to being able to afford our honeymoon at Disney World and have it all booked.
    We leave on the 17th of November, and get back on the 2nd December.
    She was rather upset when she heard this news and checked the in-game calendar.
    Oh well ^_^
    One bright side: Watcher has already confirmed that the in-game calendar is wrong, and you'll have extra time to do the anniversary event outside the usual schedule that it's open every year (which is what's shown on the calendar). The rest of the game, of course, will be there when you get back.

So you and your wife can enjoy your honeymoon unburdened by the weight of its bad timing, and remember it fondly without that tinge of regret that it came at the cost of Core Hound mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    Some of the replies are a little, overly serious(?) I agree. And on that note, I feel for you, I really do. Disney World is an amazing trip. I took my kids there about 5 years ago and I wouldn't trade that trip for anything. But I perfectly understand your feeling of disappointment of what you will miss out on while you are gone. I also know that trip is not cheap and it's a done deal, so what can ya do? Buy a nice bottle of champagne that night and you all just drown your sorrows together. At least you both will know what the other is feeling over missing it. It's nice you all play the game together. On that note, I hope you have a safe and FUN trip and WoW will be here for you both when you return! Bon Voyage!
    Thank you That is a really kind thing to say

I'm not that fussed about the mount. If I don't get it, it's not the end of the world! Just quite amusing how I've managed to arrange something quite a while back which coincided to the day with the calendar event ^_^

@Shamanberry I just saw that too! Hopefully it will all work out for the best

Look at the bright side, both of you will miss the chaotic mess of launch. You'll be able to come back when the servers are more stable and the leveling crowd has dispersed.

It's only two weeks. I wouldn't even bother playing for the 3 days before you leave for your vacation. That'll just make it harder for you to enjoy it. 2 years from now, I'm sure we'll be sitting on another content drought, and you'll be glad you took the vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If a game comes between and your honeymoon...and it bothers you...your marriage is bound to go south.
    Yes, because you're an expert I take it? Seriously, you people are so quick to jump to conclusions that I wonder if you're not just projecting...

OT: Bring laptops!! D: However I'm sure the event will still be there when you come back from your awesome trip together. ^^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-08-15 at 10:39 AM.

Going away for almost a week the following week of the release of WoD. Pretty impressive timing. Oh well, should be L100 by then on my main at least xD

Deleted
    Female Night Elf = Daisy Duke
    Female Dwarf = Boss Hogg

Which is your wife?

Deleted
    Female Nelf Hunter
    Comes complete with pet owl; Flappy.

Go enjoy your honeymoon. You hopefully only do it once.

Dude, I would totally rather go to Disney World than play WoW. And I'm really looking forward to WoD (Seriously man, Disney World for a honeymoon? Good idea!)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    If you guys don't "enjoy each others company" (wink wink) on your honeymoon more than a computer game than you are doing it wrong.

....and I fear for the longevity of your marriage.

You DO realize they can have sex at home? And that if all they planned to do is have sex, they didn't have to pay for a trip to Disney? It's the Disney trip they wish they could change, not the relationship - physical or otherwise.

To the OP, have a fantastic trip and congrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally feel your pain on this one, flying from Australia to Cali for Blizzcon. It's a pretty big trip, so I'm staying on for the rest of the month. So when I found out the timing of it all, it is a bit sucky. Go on a holiday to celebrate all things Warcraft, just to miss out on the big expansion release, and fall behind the crowd. Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. Do they think all Blizzcon attendees are from Cali?

Ahh well, there's always next xpac release to finally do it right! (For WotLK, Cata, and MoP, there has always been a reason why I couldn't sit down an immediately begin the race to max level at launch. All I wanna do is try for realm first max level. Is that too much to ask?!)

Enjoy Disney World on that side, I'll be on the other side at Disney Land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honeymoons are more important than WoW.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    The world doesn't revolve around sex
    Think again, maybe a bit harder

Quote Originally Posted by Finchy91 View Post
    Totally feel your pain on this one, flying from Australia to Cali for Blizzcon. It's a pretty big trip, so I'm staying on for the rest of the month. So when I found out the timing of it all, it is a bit sucky. Go on a holiday to celebrate all things Warcraft, just to miss out on the big expansion release, and fall behind the crowd. Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. Do they think all Blizzcon attendees are from Cali?

Ahh well, there's always next xpac release to finally do it right! (For WotLK, Cata, and MoP, there has always been a reason why I couldn't sit down an immediately begin the race to max level at launch. All I wanna do is try for realm first max level. Is that too much to ask?!)

They've removed the realm firsts, so that's comforting...right? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Finchy91 View Post

From Australia to US for Blizzcon only? Your not just a fan, you are a FAN. I really admire your dedication...

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Honeymoons are more important than WoW.
    Well, that depends on the couple. Our honeymoon will probably be WoW. (Or some other manner of gaming.)
    Last edited by Orinosuke; 2014-08-15 at 04:54 PM.

So me and my wife have finally gotten around to being able to afford our honeymoon at Disney World and have it all booked.
    We leave on the 17th of November, and get back on the 2nd December.
    She was rather upset when she heard this news and checked the in-game calendar.
    Oh well ^_^
    Same thing happened for me with MoP. My wife and I had planned our Honeymoon 9 months in advance, and ended up leaving (3 weeks) on the morning on September 25, 2012 -- MoP's release date.

You'll be having too much fun to care, though. Trust me.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/