Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    There's Ashran.
    Druids can fly in Ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was willing to compromise.

I was willing to try out no flying for the first part of the expac to see how things are and I bought WoD knowing that flying will return in the next content patch. Seems like they are turning away from that idea.

Now I want to argue to bring back flying for 6.0 out of spite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Hysterical because the guy you quoted actually made a statement that has merit? Looking up and to the right is commonly regarded as a (subconscious) indicator someone is lying or not telling the whole truth.

I wouldn't take it too seriously in this case, though.
    You are on an internet discussion forum, seriously discussing if a game developer of your favourite game, in an interview to the press, is actually telling the truth about a certain feature, because you can tell from his subconscious eye movement.

Think about that for a second.

(ps you have Visually Constructed (up left) and Visually Remembered (up right) mixed up, but shhhhhhhhhh I won't tell anyone if you wont!)

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I was willing to compromise.

I was willing to try out no flying for the first part of the expac to see how things are and I bought WoD knowing that flying will return in the next content patch. Seems like they are turning away from that idea.

Oh no, another jaded consumer! Whatever shall we do? I'm looking up as I am saying this, plz analyze my psyche guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. This next quarter will be very telling about sub numbers, and whatever reaction from Blizz in regards to anything it brings.

And tbh, this is just another seesaw tilt in the flight discussion. First it was back with epic quest in 6.1, then it was 'we think we can make content without flight' and 'flight is bad because of flying over a wall', then 'we aren't sure, we'll wait and see', then spending dev time making all flying mounts ground capable, then saying '6.1 is a good time for its return', to now; 'the overwhelming majority have to invoke this change, maybe'.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if within the next week or two someone else comes out and says '6.1 seems like a good time frame for the possible return of flight" or something.
    Yeah it's almost like... hmm how can I put it... like they are not actually writing an amendment to the US constitution... but instead... oh what is the word I'm looking for... 'develop'... yes thats the word 'developing'....

....its almost like they are 'developing' a computer game...

Amazing isn't it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ladies and gentlemen. The whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    You are on an internet discussion forum, seriously discussing if a game developer of your favourite game, in an interview to the press, is actually telling the truth about a certain feature, because you can tell from his subconscious eye movement.

Think about that for a second.

(ps you have Visually Constructed (up left) and Visually Remembered (up right) mixed up, but shhhhhhhhhh I won't tell anyone if you wont!)
    You used 4 commas in one sentence, that must mean you are currently eating a strawberry flavoured ice cream.

Although I am aware of the validity of body language, I did think it was a stretch to think a possible eye twitch (or w/e) may mean he is lying.

That being said, that whole interview was smoke and mirrors, so much "yeah that sounds cool hey! We'll have to see if we have time to do that/ we might do that later, depending on 'x'".
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

They can't back down because they need to buy time for 6.1 as they do not even have clear plans for. They are so far behind with the launch they need to gate player progression with sloppy methods.

All the changes to professions clearly indicates this.

Yeah it's almost like... hmm how can I put it... like they are not actually writing an amendment to the US constitution... but instead... oh what is the word I'm looking for... 'develop'... yes thats the word 'developing'....

Amazing isn't it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ladies and gentlemen. The whole thread.
    Are you looking up though? I want to know so I can tell if you're lying or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    They will not. They just will follow their agenda.

Do you really think blizzard cares about feedback?
    If the feedback is from from a small. unrepresentative minority of malcontents, why should they care about it?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The problem is the majority of players don't know that is their plan. So it isn't going to be a small minority. Same infantile argument used when they removed portals. ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The problem is the majority of players don't know that is their plan. So it isn't going to be a small minority. Same infantile argument used when they removed portals. ^^^
    And no one cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You have zero evidence that people will care much. The blues have basically told you they've determined that the people ticked off by the change will be so small in number that it won't be a problem.

I guess some people have a hard time dealing with their own irrelevance.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If the feedback is from from a small. unrepresentative minority of malcontents, why should they care about it?
    This is true. However we have no way of gauging how many people truly like or dislike the changes (or are on the fence). We will know once the games out I am guessing.

I will have my pop corn ready no matter what as im sure there will be many flame wars on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Oh no, another jaded consumer! Whatever shall we do? I'm looking up as I am saying this, plz analyze my psyche guys.
    oh look another player who wants to dictate how other players play/enjoy the game.

And no one cared.
    Majority of players voiced their displeasure at the removal of portals and it was reverted.

Triage healing was reverted as well.

Why Blizz is repeating mistakes again? Because their a team is back from the titan project and they were not around to learn from the mistakes of the b team. I guess Blizz has to "learn" again that at stove you touch may be hot...again lulz.

Deleted
    Are you looking up though? I want to know so I can tell if you're lying or not.
    I'm looking down at my shoes in shame that I get sucked into this thread. I can't help it. It's pavlovian.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You have zero evidence that people will care much. The blues have basically told you they've determined that the people ticked off by the change will be so small in number that it won't be a problem.

I guess some people have a hard time dealing with their own irrelevance.
    My logical estimate is based on past experiences:

*MoP gated dailies (timesink/grind)

*Triage healing (timesink/grind)

*Removing portals (timesink/grind)

Let me also add that botting ramps up with no flying because bots have the time to fight low level NPC/mobs while players do not have such a luxury due to limited play time/constraints. We know this from Korean grinders and especially true when they make professions inter connected like they plan to do in WoD.

Amazing isn't it.
    While I agree they are develouping a game, and things are subject to change, but they should be confident enough in their open world end game by now to say definitively either 'yes' or 'no'. This isn't there first expac and they are a highly resourced company, they should be able to say and show how the game will be different and better.

The game launches in 3 months, they haven't showed off the max level open world content (the content flying is being restricted to highlight) on the beta yet, the place they use to gain feedback, how much time is sufficient to see the impact on no flight at max level on any number of areas? When are they going to test this content?

There is negative feedback, as well as positive, on the beta forums now regarding flight, so it will be a contentious issue when it hits live.

Also, they just made a sticky thread to get feedback on fixing of flight paths. This says 2 things to me, 1/ they never actually initially planned to restrict flight when designing those flight paths, and 2/ the fact they want to get more focused feedback to fix them now, this late in the dev cycle, means they have made a decision in the negative to bringing flight back.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-15 at 04:17 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

They haven't shown off the max level content because there isn't any on the beta that is noteworthy. 6.1 most likely will add more max level content but they are pretty much running out of time.

oh look another player who wants to dictate how other players play/enjoy the game.
    I didn't dictate shit, Mr...I wanna argue just in spite? Did I get that right? I mean, that's what you said right? right? Roflmao gtfo.