Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I think Blizz has failed to utilize dungeons to their full potential. They should be the obvious choice for to keep player hooked for longer, release a few dungeons every second content patch with 3 differing difficulty levels that drops gear that fills in gaps or highlights your raiding gear. A thing to use as a catch up mechanism, while they use patch zones to promote world interaction, story develoupment and new rep factions w/e.

Make players discover those dungeons, and make the hardest difficulty unqueable for, hell even manual entering, to add to the significance of it. Incentivise players to push themselves to venture forth, and they will go there and do it, flying just aids them in getting to that place in a way they enjoy.

And tbh, I laugh and groan when I imagine that, my main was a lock, oh my lord I think I would have to bind my summon port to something.
    The thing is though that no one wants to do hard dungeon just to the difficulty(see challenge modes). It has to drop gear, and if there was a really hard 5 man that dropped gear you know the QQ would get it nerfed into Oblivion. IMO, the kind of 5 mans I weould want would be like the 3 that came out at te end of Wrath, Pit of Saron and whatever the other 2 were. They weren't easy but werent too hard. Either way Bliz nerfs to do whatever's necessary to keep them off of faceroll status. 5 mans that you run for a whole expansion shoul stay relevant for longer than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The thing is though that no one wants to do hard dungeon just to the difficulty(see challenge modes). It has to drop gear, and if there was a really hard 5 man that dropped gear you know the QQ would get it nerfed into Oblivion. IMO, the kind of 5 mans I weould want would be like the 3 that came out at te end of Wrath, Pit of Saron and whatever the other 2 were. They weren't easy but werent too hard. Either way Bliz nerfs to do whatever's necessary to keep them off of faceroll status. 5 mans that you run for a whole expansion shoul stay relevant for longer than a month.
    Challenge modes gives you LFR quality loot. Don't see any threads whining about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Challenge modes gives you LFR quality loot. Don't see any threads whining about that.
    Doesn't it just drop transmog gear? I've never bothered with them because I've never liked time trials in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Doesn't it just drop transmog gear? I've never bothered with them because I've never liked time trials in anything.
    "Challenge modes will have a daily quest that can reward Raid Finder quality loot. This will give players a reason to do Challenge modes while they wait for raids to open."

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...28114015051777

Also... http://www.wowhead.com/item=98134#contains
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-08-15 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

Transformer really .... I used to like you .. lol
    First one was a great popcorn movie. Second one was decent. Hated the third. Hate me too now? Lol. Haven't seen the fourth because I have a kid now and it wasn't worth a babysitter. Maybe I'll see it when it is at the Redbox.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2014-08-15 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    First one was a great popcorn movie. Second one was decent. Hated the third. Hate me too now? Lol. Haven't seen the fourth because I have a kid now and it wasn't worth a babysitter. Maybe I'll see it when it is at the Redbox.
    Personally I wouldn't recommend it, liked the previous ones more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Personally I wouldn't recommend it, liked the previous ones more.
    Giant robots beat each other up and stuff explodes.

Did anyone seriously go into those movies expecting depth?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Giant robots beat each other up and stuff explodes.

Did anyone seriously go into those movies expecting depth?
    Well there are good popcorn movies and bad popcorn movies. And then there's stuff like Sharknado which gets its own category.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    They will especially if 6.1 goes live with out it.
    Cool, you have a working crystal ball. I suggest you use it for getting rich in the stock market, not being all wishful-thinking on a game forum.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If they had been getting overwhelming information that most people really wanted flying, they'd have said "and we're definitely bringing it back in 6.1".

The mere fact that they haven't done that says they have not gotten overwhelming demand for flying.
    Even if you repeat your idea blizzard listens to any feedback it wont become true. I got enough evidence to show you they dont.

And it will not be different on flying. They dont really care about minorities and majorities. And i even wonder how they know if theres only a small minority that would like keep flying, as they never do polls.

Blizzard and democracy just do not fit together. Kalgan just spewed out his PR propaganda on the interview, while he infact does not know anything about numbers, as he never asked his players, and while he infact only follows his own agenda, and does not care about minorities and majorities. And really, i dont expect anything from a guy that helps to create a site like skillcapped, where his greedy friends sell pvp tips for 4$ a month.

Mythic raiding should show you what blizzard thinks about minorities and majorities. They keep a game component alive, no matter if it's popular. On the other hand they remove a game component, thats not being used or played by 2% of their players only, but by the majority of its players.

The blizzard devs are hypocrites. They hide behind immersion and confabulated "minorities" they never made statistics of, and just try to distract from the fact that they need another expansion start time sink brickwall as like they had in TBC (attunements), Cataclysm (hard 5 mans) and MoP (mandatory dailies).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Or maybe they are tired of playing a game for 10 years. Not everyone can play the same game for 10 years and still enjoy it. Wow has always lost lots of subs, it was just masked by the influx of new players. That influx has gotten much smaller due to the games age.
    That could be true if the game hadnt such a big fluctuation. But it has, as the total of 100 million players shows, while the game never peaked 13 million players. Most of the players that played in classic or tbc do not play World of Warcraft nowadays.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-08-16 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, you have a working crystal ball. I suggest you use it for getting rich in the stock market, not being all wishful-thinking on a game forum.
    Their tone is more suggestive of trying to pull a fast one.

That said, I feel like they're not looking to incorporate flying in future iterations of the game. Too much maintenance, too much content to design with it in mind. With the game shrinking back to Vanilla-esque levels, they probably don't see a need for it.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENGUc59Xz0

The video at around 50 seconds shows why I do not want free flying for the first months of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post

The video at around 50 seconds shows why I do not want free flying for the first months of the expansion.
    What, so you can glide to the cave instead of flying to the cave? You'll see all those secret shit while you level. After you're done leveling you should have seen it all...

This thing will be useless if Blizz decides to put flying back to the game. Same goes for that jetpack you get from your garrison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I think I'll not buy WoD until there's flying. It feels like I'm not actually paying for anything that came as standard with previous expac's otherwise. The community decision may be financially decided if others do the same heh.
    Threats like that are really useless, even if 100k went because of that reason it means completely nothing. You adapt or I would advice to start looking for a new game. Threats like that never worked when crz came out, nor when mythic was announced . Don't know if you noticed, but when someone says something like that blizzard makes fun out of them, which is the best thing to do
    Last edited by mmocff59137b32; 2014-08-16 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Threats like that are really useless, even if 100k went because of that reason it means completely nothing. You adapt or I would advice to start looking for a new game. Threats like that never worked when crz came out, nor when mythic was announced . Don't know if you noticed, but when someone says something like that blizzard makes fun out of them, which is the best thing to do
    CRZ was detrimental on the low pop realms. Removing flying is going to effect everyone and when the majority of players learn the truth they will not be happy. You have to be in denial if you think the majority of the WoW player base will not be upset like what happened last time (removal of portals) to a travel feature.

Also how Blizz will measure the metrics of how many people out in the world is not hard. But it is clear that they have too high of an opinion of the continent they have created. Lets look at the facts about WoD:

PVP

1. Strongboxes can now be obtained from doing a random BG with three levels (bronze, silver, and gold) depending on how much your teams accomplishes. These strongboxes offer honor points, conquest points, and at a chance of gear. Blizz took it a step further and now skirmishes will reward strongboxes as well. Arena, RBG, random BG, and skirmishes can all be accessed by a few click of buttons in the comfort of sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Strongboxes will provide all the gold, gear, and honor/CP you will need by a far margin.

2. PVP Gear is going back to be stratified at three levels in WoD The gear obtained in PVP is the most ideal for "world PVP" because of how it dynamically scales when engaging a player now. PVP gear isn't obtained through the questing system of WoD at all! WoD questing system rewards is full of garrison stuff which is pretty much meaningless to any serious PVP player. Most WoD questing gear is gimped to what most will have from MoP.

3. Ashran has a lot of HP and CP rewards along with a variety of PVE quests available. Ashran also has class specific spell books (eg Druid flight) unique buffs, etc.

Blizz doesn't want world PVP on the main continent because it would cause server instability on the high pop realms. That is why they did not put Ashran in the middle of the continent like WG was in WotLK. Anyone that played on a high pop PVP realm can back this up when I say servers were really unstable anytime WG battle was going (before they capped it). Moving the faction cities (which are often raided on PVP realms) also was because of server instability.

Blizz does not support the traditional sense of world PVP because it causes server instability full stop. If not convinced...go fight the 40 man multi boxer on Dark spear lol.

PVE

1. WoD is heavily phased so you can be on top of someone but not even know they are there because you are on a different part of the story line. WoD is just a bunch of set pieces really.

2. Rares drop loot once for you, so if you find them all before you reach level cap you have no reason to go hunt them again at level cap. And thus no vested interested to return to the Draenor continent.

3. Garrison is your personalized instance basically which will take players out of the world and make the world feel less alive.

4. Faction hubs are not even on the main continent. Enough said.

5. Spending a lot of time on flight paths and portals going back and forth to maintain your personalized instance a.k.a. garrison you spend little time interacting with real players. You spend more time interacting with your garrison "followers" though. I guess that is immersion.

There is very little to do once you reach level cap on the main continent. In fact, even if you do all the garrison quests you are going to have to grind out a few more levels to reach level cap. I firmly believe that Tannan was originally going to be part of the questing experience for players to reach level cap. They are going to possibly turn it into questing content at level cap...but no one can give a definitive answer (sound familiar) about that for 6.1.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2014-08-16 at 12:27 PM.

Father to son...
    "Alright boy time to play WoW, what do you want to do today? Finish questing through the world?"
    "Nope."
    "Do a heroic dungeon or challenge mode?"
    "Nope."
    "Join a raid and defeat the mightiest of bosses?"
    "Nope."
    "Well then, what do you want to do?"
    <excitedly>
    "I want to jump off a cliff and glide into a cave for gold and achievements!"
    <long pause>
    <Father rummages through closet>
    "Here you go son."
    <hands him a Super Mario Brother game>
    "Enjoy."

This is why we can't have flying?!? Rope bridges and jump puzzles for achievements & gold. Give everyone a special pat on the back for mind-numbing useless shit they sell to us as actual content? Gotta make it seem rewarding or people won't do it themselves. Some days...

You may not think taking it out does anything, but blizzard does. They wouldn't risk alienating any customers if they didn't think there was a positive side to it.
    It adds NOTHING to the game, except to make it so max level players have to fight leveling mobs.

The only positive side to it is that it makes the devs jobs easier, and saves the company money. Yep that is something I really want as a player. I want the game to become more time consuming and tedious for the sake of investors.

Show me any other game that still has 6.8 million players after 10 years. You can't.
    You are hard pressed to find a game that is still supported after 10 years. So that is a irrelevant question.

Blizzard is very in touch with what its players want. If they were not they couldn't have created the game that they have.
    Then you have the Devs telling the players to L2P during the Cata heroics that couldn't be PUGd by the majority of players... that went well for them.

Then you had the daily fiasco that went really well for them to didn't it.

Also if a large loss of subs is seen blizzard almost always responds to stem the loss.
    Yah and they fix it about a year later after they have already suffered the sub loss, then when it is fixed only a small percentage of the players will return.

You just have this ludicrous notion that blizzard is "out to get you". Paranoid much?
    And you have the ludicrous notion that this is being done to make a better game. We don't think Blizzard is out to get us, they are just making changes to benifit themselves at the sake of the players and you have a percentage of players championing it? Why?

Right... that is why they are doing a test. That is what real businesses do. They have a theory. They gain as much info as they can. They then test it and depending on the results, follow through or revert. My point is they wouldn't risk the sub loss if they didn't think there was an upside.
    Really then why didn't they make this announcement at Blizzcon on stage?

Why haven't they made it clear to people who purchase these flying mounts or the collectors edition, that it is very likely those mounts "Won't be swooping down from above" as advertised?

Why haven't they announced beyond forums, tweets, and youtube videos that flying is gone in WoD at max level.

The majority of players don't frequent forums, and I am willing to put good money on the fact that most of them don't even know this is happening.

This isn't a improvement of the players it is a improvement for the Devs.

Those people came from their failed MMO project that was just scraped. They're just reallocating people.
    Yah my understandin is they are from Titan.

Or maybe they are tired of playing a game for 10 years. Not everyone can play the same game for 10 years and still enjoy it. Wow has always lost lots of subs, it was just masked by the influx of new players. That influx has gotten much smaller due to the games age.
    Yah it is impossible to think that a game that has been around 10 years will not dwindle subs. Then is should be a steady decreasing line with spikes when content is new, however WoW subs don't do that by the chart that was on the front page a few weeks ago. They have significant drops for no other reason then stuff they pulled in the game.

Regardless of where they came from they just increase the size of their dev team by 80 people. If they just wanted to spool it down and do as little as possible they wouldn't be increasing the team size. The idea that blizzard wants to some how hurt their own game is just insane. "I know chaps... lets piss away millions of dollars... because!"
    Hey A.A. said it .. remember it was split about 50/50.

So you have the 50% that don't care for flying and are still subbed, hey lets take flying away and piss off the other 50% and see if they leave.

1. Will the removal of flight bring anyone new to the game?
    2. Will the removal of flight bring any of the old players back, beings I am sure that those that quit because of flight are a very insignificant percentage.
    3. Will the removal of flight w/the addition of nothing else retain players?

Answer those questions honestly.

yah personally I think that is pretty cool. I think most the changes they are doing for instanced content are spot on, problem is instanced content is the majority of the game for me.

I could never hate anyone for their taste in movies .. just chuckle at them a bit. My son likes em but hey he is 10 = )

Well there are good popcorn movies and bad popcorn movies. And then there's stuff like Sharknado which gets its own category.
    My son also likes that ... maybe I need to rethink my parental skills.

Well I retired at 39 so I kinda did = )

The thing is and I am just going to ask this.

WoW is the most casual friendly MMO since Vanilla and its accessibility has attributed to its success that is a fact. WoW has made it self more casual friendly over the years that do is fact. The majority of WoW players fall into that casual category that is also fact.

Do you really think that the casual base of WoW is going to be happy when they realize the only convenient mode of fast travel is gone? Do you think they will be even more thrilled when they believe it is returning 6.1 and it doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Their tone is more suggestive of trying to pull a fast one.

That said, I feel like they're not looking to incorporate flying in future iterations of the game. Too much maintenance, too much content to design with it in mind. With the game shrinking back to Vanilla-esque levels, they probably don't see a need for it.
    Hence why I have always said if the removal flight cost them enough subs to effect the bottom line (vs the savings they would get from the 2d developement of future content) then we will see it return only then.

I have no problem it being delayed till 6.1. If I had a guarantee that it was returning at that point I would gladly take leave of this thread, and go back to dividing my time between Wildstar and WoW instead of Wildstar and this board.

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Hence why I am now playing Wildstar, damn fine game to be honest. They don't even have flight, but travel isn't a pain or a chore (well there is one area). Blizzard is unwilling to make the changes needed to accomplish this is WoW.

If flying is detrimental to Blizz's vision they can add a 5-10 second flying debuff after you have disengaged from combat which reduces flight speed or unable to use a flight mount. That is how City of Heroes handled the problem of jousting. There is things Blizz can do to be creative instead of removing flight outright. How is it possible other MMO developers can come up with creative ways for travel while keeping a game balanced but WoW devs can not?

WoW's success is based on the revolutionary introduction of flight and being alt friendly. That is a big reason why City of Heroes lasted just as long when both games launched around the same time and in fact City of Heroes rise from the ashes could be more of a reality than most think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    If flying is detrimental to Blizz's vision they can add a 5-10 second flying debuff after you have disengaged from combat which reduces flight speed or unable to use a flight mount. That is how City of Heroes handled the problem of jousting. There is things Blizz can do to be creative instead of removing flight outright. How is it possible other MMO developers can come up with creative ways for travel while keeping a game balanced but WoW devs can not?.
    It is just lazy. Personally I think giving flying mounts a 8 second cast time would be enough and keep ground mounts with the current cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    WoW's success is based on the revolutionary introduction of flight and being alt friendly. That is a big reason why City of Heroes lasted just as long when both games launched around the same time and in fact City of Heroes rise from the ashes could be more of a reality than most think
    Flight maybe I think the reason why WoW was successful is it was accessible to the average player. Over the years they have made it more so aka casual friendly. Flight is a part of that but not the only thing.

Although I will say flight the way Blizzard implemented it was the only original innovative idea Blizzard ever had. Everything else they did was pretty much a copy off other MMOs... look no further the WoD Garrison followers SWTOR folks?, Garrisons a poor mans substitute to player housing (IMO Wildstar has the best).

Speaking of Wildstar I just read that when someone quit WoW and was filling out that little for it actually gave other game and Wildstar as a option ... can anyone else confirm?

If it is giving Wildstar as a option I guess we know what game Blizzard will be pirating things from next = )

I honestly liked CoH, up until I died so many times I looked at it and realized I was never going to see another level ...