Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't agree with what that tank said but I'll give him a break since Dark Animus in LFR is really annoying for tanks. Also, "please tank" can be interpreted a number of different ways. It can rub some people the wrong way.

Wait ... You got aggro on your heroic geared main on the biggest clusterfuck fight in LFR where everyone just AoEs everything and expects the tanks to pick up 20 adds streamlining in irregularly while not dying to them or the various ground effects the whole raid runs under their feet, etc., and you made a rude comment about it and defended your rude comment by saying it was about your DPS and you're surprised the casuals think your an elitist? /facepalm. And then you run to a forum full of actual, committed elitists to validate yourself?

I hate LFR and the anti-social behavior it encourages as much as anyone else, but you're contributing to the problem and not some innocent victim, here. I'd really love to see you take a 480-490 item level tank into that LFR wing, some time. Be sure to bring along a well-geared DPS from your guild and tell him to complain every time you fail, too, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is why I always afk in LFR. The people of LFR are truly the worse. LFR actually encourages this behavior believe it or not.
    LFR only "encourages" this behavior by enabling anonymity. The participants in the behavior are still the responsible parties and blaming this on LFR is just an excuse. I don't wear rose tinted glasses and I know anonymous Internet interactions will never be civilized, but let's not blame the network for how people choose to use it.

Deleted
    LFR should be removed, but it won't because it doesn't make sense from a business perspective.
    All the horrible scummy players who are shit at the game would leave and so would their money.

I dislike LFR and especially resent being practically forced into it to gear alts and farm cloaks, but it's not only about " horrible scummy players" and reducing it to that is absurd. There are former heroic raiders in my guild who only do LFR now (excepting the few times we pull them into heroics and carry them). And they're anything but "scummy" or we wouldn't keep them around the guild.

you know it's retard central when you're in LFR, take nothing seriously, it's basically a bunch of twitch chat trolls raiding....*shudder*

if you have to vent in a forum, then that means they won the war :P

Unless you think the tank is afk, saying "Please tank" is very rude.

If you are pulling aggro, it's your fault, not the tank's. Hit Escape and stop attacking until you drop the aggro.

Community is a cesspool - this thread doesn't disprove it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Unless you think the tank is afk, saying "Please tank" is very rude.

If you are pulling aggro, it's your fault, not the tank's. Hit Escape and stop attacking until you drop the aggro.
    That only works you know, if they actually taunt the mob or someone else hits it harder. More than likely it would just of went to the healers.

Also what? "Please tank" COULD be taken rudely, but it's hardly very rude. It's also like said, the quickest thing that could be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That only works you know, if they actually taunt the mob or someone else hits it harder. More than likely it would just of went to the healers.

Also what? "Please tank" COULD be taken rudely, but it's hardly very rude. It's also like said, the quickest thing that could be said.
    I can see how it can look as him being snide about it though, the tank might have had some other shit said previously for no reason and this was just the thing that made him go over the edge tanking in this game is pretty much, get hate or get nothing rarely do you hear a good job or any praise you are jsut expected to be good while healers/DPS have a way to see who does well (somewhat).

But yeah i understand both the OP and the tank but it could have been done more appropiately.

Lesson to be learned: 1) Don't bother talking in LFR unless people literally ask for it, 2) Don't expect people to play properly and 3) Don't take it so serious that you have to make a forum thread about it to QQ. That's how I enjoy LFR and have never gotten in any trouble or annoyance so far.

(Moreover, as a Priest, you could have avoided the entire situation with just stand on top of tank & Fade)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a tank gets upset by telling him to 'please tank' then they're playing the wrong class, especially if they are in the pick-up group business. There's a need to grow thicker skin and then there are players who simply have zero social skills who explode when any attention is brought to them and project their shitty attitude on to others.

When I PUG most content, outside of my Flex BOA stuff, I turn off chat and turn on the combat log to save myself from having to see all the dick measuring contests or shit talking taking place.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is why I always afk in LFR. The people of LFR are truly the worse. LFR actually encourages this behavior believe it or not.
    So your plan to make it better is to make it worse, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

So.. why didn't you just use Fade?

15+ Year Old Account
    >Wants to do more damage
    >Spends time typing in raid chat
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I had a shaman healer in LFR the other day while healing on my priest alt, and that guy was raging non stop about everything from the DPS being shit to trying to get someone who afked on trash kicked. I then proceeded to semi afk on my priest the last boss, since healing was not really a problem and who cares, and that guy proceeds mid fight to spam kick the priest in caps in raid chat. I blew kisses to him the whole time while he told me to go fuck my mother. I'm sure he got banned for one thing or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tank was clearly wrong to reply in that way.

You didn't help by immediately calling him/her a waste of space.

Run to the tank and use Fade if you get aggro.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    I'm not going to say it was his FAULT, but this was pretty much my first reaction too. Did the OP use a threat dump? Did he stop DPS to give his tank a minute to get threat up? Maybe taunts were down from other people being twats on a fight built for people to be twats. Why should "I typed quickly so I could get back to DPS" be an acceptable statement after you've pulled aggro? Your job at that point is to STOP putting out more threat than the tank can handle, not to rush back to your rotation.

I don't know the OP. I don't like words like "elitist" just because somebody does good DPS. But it sounds like he did nothing to mitigate the situation like dropping his threat and made no effort to reduce the amount of threat he was putting out to help the tanks get back on top. I get why "please tank" would be insulting in those circumstances.

All that said, this is why I avoid LFR as much as I can especially on my the toons with good gear. I just hate dealing with, well, all of it.
    Last edited by Xar226; 2014-08-16 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Not sure why I thought the OP was a warlock, changed terms to be generic

Deleted
    Got to say in recent times I've joined LFR a few times recently just random wings to sort of help boost people through the content faster. I'm bored and nothing much else to do so why not. Don't get me wrong I don't spend an entire evening just every now and then.

I got to say I was expecting to get trolled and told where to go but I found that so many people were greatful to see me and had plenty of whispers like "Nice gear mate", "THanks boosting bro!" and "Sick dps/Hps m8". Honestly I'm not asking for special recognition but it just shows that people are very appreciative when you play like you would as if you were in a guild run kinda thing.

Hats off to those folks who only LFR its not just the hardcore raiderz that do LFR for some pre-raid gear that have to put up with the trolls and bads in there, those casual guys do too.

Never thought I'd say this but I've had a few positive experiences in LFR.

OP is literally no better than the person he is calling out.