Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    The tinfoil hat syndrome is strong with you. No large company in the world gives a shit on how hard you worked for your money. Almost everyone in the world ''works hard for their money'' so using it as a defense is laughable. Also the last thing there doing right now is being lazy..There pumping out content on all cylinders (WoD, HoTS, Starcraft Expansion, Already working on next WoW expansion, No doubt development is on the way for new Hearthstone expansion..Probably going to hear at Blizzcon another 1 or 2 other things there coming out with. Laziness effects revenue.....They never have been lazy and never will be. That's about 1 fact out of 10 others, but i'll stop here...Go back to your tinfoil room and close the door.
    i mean, some of the mounts i worked hard to get in game. other mounts i actually paid real money for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and the crowning idiocy of Blizzard? What do you get for preordering???

"World of Warcraft - Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet
    Swoop down from the dark night skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling."

That's right. A flying mount.

Well we now know the reason for no flying until 6.1. The world isn't done and they don't want us going into zones that aren't finished at launch. It is that simple. It has nothing to actually do with the BS they fed us about exploration etc. It was a cover because they didn't finish or they wanted to delay content.

We will fly before the end of the expansion and flying won't be removed.

meh, as long as they add it in after i've levelled my first char and experienced their "awesome quest flow" i'm fine with it. bugger having to run everywhere every time on alts
    Last edited by twelvedogs; 2014-08-17 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh and the crowning idiocy of Blizzard? What do you get for preordering???

"World of Warcraft - Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet
    Swoop down from the dark night skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling."

That's right. A flying mount.
    The argument there from the anti-flying crowd being that we can still use it in the old continents.

Yes, but it comes with the NEW expansion. Why didn't they just make a ground mount? Afraid it wouldn't be motivation enough for people to buy the more expensive versions of the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Well we now know the reason for no flying until 6.1. The world isn't done and they don't want us going into zones that aren't finished at launch. It is that simple. It has nothing to actually do with the BS they fed us about exploration etc. It was a cover because they didn't finish or they wanted to delay content.

I think you're right. This way, they don't have to render the entire world for the release, just for 6.1. And you know what? If they just said that, I'd be fine with it. Don't give me this 'ruins immersion' crap.

I really do hope that you are right on that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Same here it was handled really poorly. Selling a mount at the Blizzard store that is supposed to originate from WoD that won't be able to fly there, and the collectors edition coming with a mount that can't fly there.

I swear blizzard is just trying to be douche bags now.
    Yeah the box marketing talks about it being able to swoop down from the sky.... while failing to mention it can't do that in the only new areas being added. I doubt the casual guy who looks at the promotional coming soon box at Gamestop and thinks ohhh cool a flying version of the raven mount will necessarily know that there's no flying in Draenor.

I can't see the benefit to that mount at all if it can't fly in WoD. It's not significantly different than the one anyone can farm in Sethekk Halls once the ability to fly with it is disabled. Ok, so then it comes with a pet, but some people don't care for pets and would buy it for the flying mount.

Yuck, Blizzard, really gross marketing there.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2014-08-17 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason is that it'll take longer to get to raids.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to mine and herb and these are terrible without flying

So basically the OP has taken only two reasons he's seen that he has answers for, and doesn't really want to discuss them so much as condescend to them.

Fact: In vanilla I spent many gameplay hours (when added together) walking away from my comp for the 7-8 minutes I was on autopilot for a flight point. I don't walk away from my character using a flying mount, because I have control of my character and can actually choose to dismount any time I wish.

Fact: For many YEARS now, one of the biggest and most prestigious awards has been a flying mount. Basically it's about the same as saying that from now on, no players can see your titles except you. How would you feel about the time you spent earning your titles if they made that change? Some people would be angry about it, which is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

Fact: When flying was added to the game it was a huge quality of life improvement for me. It allowed me to spend more time doing what I wanted to do in the game, and less time doing what I didn't want to do. I don't want that to regress to the point where I'm training mobs that are no longer significant across the zone just for the sake of traveling like in the old days.

There's some reasons. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, some of the mounts i worked hard to get in game. other mounts i actually paid real money for.
    We all have worked hard to get certain mounts. Once again doesn't entitle us to have 100% complete access to the entire WoW universe at the expense of the game itself. That sort of reasoning and view is living instead a piece of lego..It's about as narrow and single sighted as you can get.

By the way, RPers play in less efficient ways all the time and manage to have plenty of fun with the game. I don't RP because it's not my thing, but it's not impossible to give up efficiency to have more fun. Neither my main level 90 or my alt level 90 were leveled in the fastest way because I was trying to avoid the no flight in Pandaria as much as I could. My main got one level out of Cata archeology and some random other things and went at 86 at which point I rushed through ASAP then went back and did Loremaster with flight because it was significantly more enjoyable to me. With flight I take the time to read all the quests, admire all the scenery, and really pay attention to the story of a zone. Without flight, I really rush through because I am not having fun and feel boxed in and claustrophobic and disconnected. My alt got to 90 and the only Pandaria quests I did were to unlock the farm (had a friend drop me off there on a passenger flying mount). The rest was all pet battles, Halloween dailies and candy buckets, and dungeons. I'm pretty sure it took me much longer that way but it was less annoying.

Because it is all about forcing a certain "experience" upon players.
    Blizzard are listening to a small number of crybabies throwing a tantrum over how flying hurts their personal experience, how flying is hurting their ability to gank in world pvp.

Blizzard claim to be "listening to feedback", but repeatedly make it clear that to get flying back we have to fight tooth and nail for it, despite more than enough "feedback" already.
    Each time they bring it up, they make it clearer that flying is less likely.
    It at one point was simply coming with 6.1, and now it "might be coming, if at all".
    Feedback isn't achieving anything, because they have made their mind up already on what they want.

Flying has for the most part been optional.
    If your "experience" is hurt by others choosing to fly when you don't want them to, then its time you evaluated whether you should be playing the game.
    Most of the game world is accessible without a flying mount, and so those that prefer the ground experience can still opt to do most of it that way.
    Instead they just complain that their preference isn't forced upon everyone.

Immersion is a stupid argument as I get enjoyment, and therefore a better experience out of the freedom of flying.
    I explore more with it than I would without it.

Flying also solves a major issue which they have never resolved another way
    Content being relevant to two groups of players at once.
    Zones not aimed at max level, ie at still levelling players need to have the difficulty of content and rewards of that content aimed at their capabilities, which are much less than those of max level players.
    Therefore max level players forced onto the ground will simply be forced into interaction with content which is simply not interesting, not rewarding and not relevant to them.
    THAT is why many choose to fly.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-08-17 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been mad that flying was allowed outside Outlands for years.

Flying in Outlands made sense... because Outlands didn't make sense in the first place. It hung in a strange spectrum of space and twisting nether. Flying would no doubt require little effort... or too much effort?

When Cata happened we were suppose to get sea mounts.. but instead we got flying again.

I wanted sea mounts and explorable oceans like we were promised in the first place...
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

LOL at this ^ That was disproved months ago. Keep polishing that tinfoil hat. That conspiracy theory has been done to death, fact you still believe that discredits you completely as a intellectual person.

I don't care about flying at all. I do enjoy watching people freak out over there not being flying especially since there has been no flying while leveling except for Cata... and flying is often restricted like in the daily areas in MoP... and TBC... and PvP areas from Wrath and Cata...

All those people standing around in the cities doing nothing are really going to suffer by not being able to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's allready a long standing Flying/No Flying thread right here, please use that to discuss this matter: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ut-entire-xpac

Next time please look before creating a new thread on an allready existing topic.

CLOSED.