Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph of life pack

Life Pact-Mana costs on all your spells are reduced by 30%, but Life Tap can no longer be cast, and your health will drop by 1% per sec. Your health cannot drop below 75% from this effect. Just seen this glyph and im wondering what spec would get the best use out of it? Sorry in advanced if their was already a topic about this glyph

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE-esque glyph, mainly for Affliction. will no longer have to cast Life Tap, saving many GCDs for actual damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It's actually only viable for Demonology because you spend time regenerating mana in Metamorphosis so you can last roughly 10 minutes without running out of mana. Affliction can only last 3 minutes or so before they go oom. Destruction can use the Glyph still and it makes mana a complete non issue in all circumstances I'd tested before.

It needs balancing if they ever intend for it to be useful otherwise it will likely only be used on farm/old content when you can assure kill times under 3 minutes.

Instead of costing health, it should automatically leech mana out of random group healer. With a visual, thin blue line connecting you and said healer so he/she can know who to accidentally omit during heavy aoe damage phase.

Honestly Im interested if you can read this glyph as "The warlock gains immunity to sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Instead of costing health, it should automatically leech mana out of random group healer. With a visual, thin blue line connecting you and said healer so he/she can know who to accidentally omit during heavy aoe damage phase.
    I've thought of life tap like that since classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    It's actually only viable for Demonology because you spend time regenerating mana in Metamorphosis so you can last roughly 10 minutes without running out of mana. Affliction can only last 3 minutes or so before they go oom. Destruction can use the Glyph still and it makes mana a complete non issue in all circumstances I'd tested before.

It needs balancing if they ever intend for it to be useful otherwise it will likely only be used on farm/old content when you can assure kill times under 3 minutes.
    Assume you're only talking about Affli there because atm it's a nice dps boost for Demonology on just about every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    Honestly Im interested if you can read this glyph as "The warlock gains immunity to sheep"
    Doubt it, if I remember correctly Burning Rush wouldn't break polymorph if you had it on. Now that I think of it though, could somebody test out Burning Rush now since it's a "normal" DoT?
    If I'm correct then it should act like Unholy Frenzy and break things like traps/polymorph

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Assume you're only talking about Affli there because atm it's a nice dps boost for Demonology on just about every fight.
    As I said it's only viable for Demo, yes. Either way it still needs re-balancing as it still put a hard time limit on your ability to stay in combat and there's several fights in the starting raids that look to be really long.

When I used this on dummies in both aff and demo I never ran out of mana.

Makes you not need life tap anymore, kudos blizz for beating around the bush instead of just removing life tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Doubt it, if I remember correctly Burning Rush wouldn't break polymorph if you had it on. Now that I think of it though, could somebody test out Burning Rush now since it's a "normal" DoT?
    If I'm correct then it should act like Unholy Frenzy and break things like traps/polymorph
    Just popped on to test this with a friend. Life Pact did not break Polymorph, but Burning Rush did
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    When I used this on dummies in both aff and demo I never ran out of mana.

Makes you not need life tap anymore, kudos blizz for beating around the bush instead of just removing life tap.
    How long did you actually test?

6 min pulls (average fight length)

Really the only thing that eats at your mana is drain soul. Every gcd besides drain soul seems mana positive.

All they have to do is drop the cost of drain soul a tiny bit and you'd be mana neutral.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2014-08-18 at 12:22 AM.

Just did it twice again on the dummies in Shatt and affliction still goes OOM at a little over 3 minutes. So I have no clue what it is that you are doing but it's surely not lasting 6 minutes in single target stand still encounters using Soulburn: Haunt which will most likely be the default talent.

I just gave it a go for 3 minutes, only got down to ~65% mana

Gear: Default pre-made Warlock gear on lvl 100 PvE realm
    Buffs: Dark Intent
    Specialization: Affliction
    Race: Blood Elf, but never used Arcane Torrent
    Talents: Dark Regeneration
    Mortal Coil
    Soul Link
    Burning Rush
    Grimoire of Sacrifice
    Archimonde's Darkness
    Soulburn: Haunt
    Glyphs: Life Pact
    Soul Swap
    Dark Soul

All I was casting was Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Agony and Drain Soul. Opened with SB:Haunt and SB:SS. Applied Haunt as a I got a shard, or applied SB:Haunt if I got multiple shard procs.

Not sure what else I should, or could, be casting that would be effective for a single target fight

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Just popped on to test this with a friend. Life Pact did not break Polymorph, but Burning Rush did
    Ehehehe, I knew it! Well this is good news, finally something to increase the skillcap. It's been a while.

I used Sac to offset the health loss from Life Pact, and because the Observer was being odd and not giving me a spell to use through Command Demon.

Ran it again using Supremacy and the Imp. I was better about applying the dots after full channeled DS instead of breaking the cast, resulting in mana at ~45% after 3 minutes.

It seems we will run into mana issues on longer fights if we don't get any breaks, but movement and other mechanics potentially allow for time to regen. Mana regenerated quickly while moving, but this was only against a target dummy, so unsure if raiding will be similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    As I said it's only viable for Demo, yes. Either way it still needs re-balancing as it still put a hard time limit on your ability to stay in combat and there's several fights in the starting raids that look to be really long.
    It's more than 'viable', it's pretty much mandatory in almost every scenario given how fast you work through mana early tier (molten core outside of meta).