Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret and stelthies

So, since we lost Consecration we rets lack a reliable way to take enemies out of stealth, and by reliable I mean not a specked one (Light's Hammer, Holy prism) sure some will say we have divine storm, but that only works if we already are in combat and have holy power to spend, mean while If a rogue its around we just sit in our holy behinds and wait for the sap.

I have always thought that holy power should regenerate when out of combat, think soul shards from affliction warlocks (ajusting the numbers to consider the 3 HP in the start of a fight) I don't mean to be OP just have a tool against a very powerful mechanic

Constructive imput? thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a concern of mine also, every other class has some way of unstealthing rogues and as far as I can see, ret have none apart from a specced talent and divine storm.
    DKs have D&D
    Monks have Spinning Crane Kick
    Hunters have flare and traps
    Warriors have whirlwind
    Mages have too many to name
    Warlocks have too many to name
    Rogues have a few
    Shaman have a few
    Druid have a few.

Literally pally is the only class without stealth removal un talented / not in combat

Deleted
    Blinding light?
    Just cause you can't spam it doesn't mean you don't have one. Certain classes will have a certain edge over other classes which other classes do not and vice versa, it's how balancing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    This was a concern of mine also, every other class has some way of unstealthing rogues and as far as I can see, ret have none apart from a specced talent and divine storm.
    Rather than rets gaining a way to destealth rogues, more classes should lose their ability to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Rather than rets gaining a way to destealth rogues, more classes should lose their ability to do it.
    But they would cry bloody murder. And we can't have that, can we?
    Certain classes will have a certain edge over other classes which other classes do not and vice versa, it's how balancing works.
    Does ret have an edge over anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraene View Post
    Blinding light?
    Just cause you can't spam it doesn't mean you don't have one. Certain classes will have a certain edge over other classes which other classes do not and vice versa, it's how balancing works.
    All of the other classes have spammable stealth remove, blinding light is on a long cooldown for stealth breaking, spinning crane kick has no cooldown, neither does blizzard, frost nova has two charges, ROF has no cooldown, Blood boil and other DK aoe is spammable, ret has too little in the tank to be comparable.

blinding light is on a long cooldown for stealth breaking
    And come WoD, a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And come WoD, a talent.
    I thought we were losing blinding light all together. Did they change it to a talent?
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Wrath served this purpose perfectly.

Directionless, HPless, targetless AoE. Sadly, we no longer have that.

No Consecration either, which was also good.

Honestly, I'd be on board with adding something to help break stealth, or at least reveal stealth (Shimmering light passive, where you emanate light which distorts a rogue/druid's ability to remain stealth or something of the sort).

Blinding light is now a talent in 6.0, replacing Evil is a Point of View, too. So, kinda short of that too.

Even if Divine Storm did no damage, something.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't actually realise it became a talent, I usually take fist anyway, seems like we're going back to the good old days of being stomped in pvp, i'll have to hop into ashran and find out just how good we are.

I didn't actually realise it became a talent, I usually take fist anyway, seems like we're going back to the good old days of being stomped in pvp, i'll have to hop into ashran and find out just how good we are.
    I wouldn't judge PvP viability on a "world PvP" zergfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    I thought we were losing blinding light all together. Did they change it to a talent?
    It's taking evil is a point of view's spot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wouldn't judge PvP viability on a "world PvP" zergfest.
    Yeah, Ashran will be a harder place to judge one's PvP viability.

We'll still be bottom of the barrel for RBGS and Areanas, though.

Unless you're sleeping with the leader.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

And sadly the ret community inst doing so much of a good job letting the devs at blizz know this, we are (as always) at a disadvantage, we need to let them know our feedback so this gets fixed on WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeeron View Post
    And sadly the ret community inst doing so much of a good job letting the devs at blizz know this, we are (as always) at a disadvantage, we need to let them know our feedback so this gets fixed on WOD
    It won't, get used to it. I've given up on PvP in general. The trend of "the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker" has gone on for years now.

just posted this on the paladin beta feedback threat on the wow forums in case you want to make it count reply and let us be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeeron View Post
    just posted this on the paladin beta feedback threat on the wow forums in case you want to make it count reply and let us be heard.
    I wouldn't hold your breath. I spent a bit of time and energy in the MoP Beta on this, when they first removed Consecration and Holy Wrath from non-Prot Paladins, and got next to nothing back. The closest thing to an answer was a blanket "We're happy with Retribution's design".

Given the lack remains, I can only assume that it is intended that Rogues can just walk past us whenever they like at no risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealthers are desgined to get the opener. But if you wanna try your luck holy prisim away which actually is the pvp talent of that tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Someone must play a rogue.

I benched my Ret Pally toward the beginning of Mists. A big reason I quit during Cata was actually because I hated the whole HP system and a vast majority of the changes they made. I know Ret was too strong toward the beginning of Wrath, but now it still holds the same stigma. People think Ret Pally and think of patch 3.0 so we continue to get the nerfhammer.

I would agree with the "other classes should lose their spammable ability to do it"-crowd. Let Hunters and and Mage have their targetted stealth removal and like, Warlock waste mana and movement for Hellfire.
    Everyone having something one-shot chance AoE is fine, and the talents mentioned do that just fine.

And I don't have a Rogue higher than 78 and Druid higher than 85.