Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai1987 View Post
    you can but don't presume you speak for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a normal raider and a pvper. I said this earlier

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a%C3%AD/simple
    I know. Stuff in normal doesn't kill you if you don't move fast enough, and there are less mechanics. I took hits from stuff in Heroic testing and knew I could survive. I doubt the same will be true for Mythic, which is what most people here will be focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It is a ridiculous statement for you to think high level raiders with first hand experience are less informed then you and your optimism.
    I'd rather be optimistic than drown in your pessimism.

Do you have anything good to say about people or are you purely a negative person?

No i did not realize this.
    It's one of the common traits with the heroic setting, to become mythic in Warlords. They tack on additional mechanics, most of which involve excess movement.

If heroic requires as much movement as it does with mythic being less forgiving to say standing in a tick of fire to recast Immolate while adding even more movement, mythic is going to be a disaster.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-19 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Also in that log check overall damage across all 6 pulls. The Boomkin came top. Class representation was pretty bad, the other 4 ranged were comprised of 2 hunters and 2 elemental shamans.

I'd rather be optimistic than drown in your pessimism.

Do you have anything good to say about people or are you purely a negative person?
    I'm actually quite pragmatic and realistic in my views. I'm sure you are a lovely person, just not as informed as the people you are trying to shut down.

6 Wipes there and each one barely lasted 2 mins, hard to get a full picture from them.

And just because when someone is being realistic it isn't as bright of an outlook as your own, it doesn't make them a pessimist.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2014-08-19 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    6 Wipes there and each one barely lasted 2 mins, hard to get a full picture from them.

And just because when someone is being realistic it isn't as bright of an outlook as your own, it doesn't make them a pessimist.
    Very true. Demo seems to burst harder than Affliction/Destro too so that was likely a factor. I was just responding to his use of the log as 'evidence' against, well, anything.

Deleted
    Here's my 2 pence on the affliction buffs.

I actually really really don't like them, from a pvp perspective they have shifted so much of the damage away from dots and into the drain soul channel.

Did some napkin math earlier with all three dots running for full duration with haunt up and the dots themselves only contributed to roughly ~35% of the total damage done for the cycle, the rest of the damage coming from drain soul in the form of direct damage and pseudo ticks. Basically turning us into turrets to do decent damage.

To put so much of the damage into the reliance of casting one spell makes affliction completely one dimensional and is going to be absolutely horrible for pvp. Dots are so weak right now on their own, granted the soul burn haunt will help but you cannot generate shards anywhere near fast enough to maintain any form of pressure with this mechanic. The only way to generate shards is rng and............yup you guessed it drain soul.

Dots really need to have their damage adjusted and by that i mean 20% buff and nerf the pseudo ticks on DS to 20% of the tick. That way we can stand a chance of at least some spread pressure with the soul swap nerf, while still being able to single tgt burst with cds when a kill window comes up.

EDIT:And just to add the multi dotting excuse does not fly anymore, shadow word:Pain is hitting for roughy 195% of the damage of corruption as they are now the same duration except the difference is mind flay damage is a lot lower, so clearly their is wiggle room, i just wish they would understand that gameplay at over 2k as a lock does not evolve around single target channeling, that is way down the list of priority, never mind its also a 4s cast that screams interupt me asap or he may do some damage finally that i have to heal
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2014-08-19 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I know. Stuff in normal doesn't kill you if you don't move fast enough, and there are less mechanics. I took hits from stuff in Heroic testing and knew I could survive. I doubt the same will be true for Mythic, which is what most people here will be focusing on.
    Wait, you're concerned with movement speed when you're not even currently using the movement speed boot enchant?

Just so we're clear, the class is still more or less shit in PvP. And that's just in terms of mechanics, not "viability" (which I haven't really had the chance to look at, but comparing to others we're probably at the end of the list).
    Mechanics are far more important than viability. I played a "non-viable" spec throughout all of Cataclysm while having the best time in WoW. As soon as MoP hit and mechanics were changed drastically I more or less lost all fun, and gladly jumped ship as soon as I found an alternative that could satisfy me just as much.

I can put up with having to play twice as god as my opponent to win. I can't put up with having lackluster, baseless and watered-down mechanics.

6.0 & Warlock Specs

So there's just a bit under 3 months until WoD and I have been farming gold as Destruction in the Vale with pots, now I haven't kept up with any updates since Warlock isn't my main just my farming toon, I have a few questions.

Are any AoE Spells like rain of fire being removed?
    How is Demos AoE on beta

Deleted
    "Seed of Corruption and Soulburn: Seed of Corruption can no longer both apply to the same target."

They nerfed affliction aoe even more?

so I take it they're staying firm on the removal of fel flame? I understand why they're removing it and all, I just wish it didn't seem like they're staying adamant on this decision when it seems like they're somewhat more flexible on other class spells/mechanics.

All and all I'm not really sure what to think of the class right now.I'm pretty happy that they're keeping most of the class mechanics the same because to me that's all that's matter.Numbers can always be tweaked and not being the best dps out there was never a big isse with me.The only thing I don't care for is the nerf to demo's mastery. That and well the removal of my two favorite spells fel flame, and carrion swarm(since demo has always been my favorite spec.)

http://strawpoll.me/2380111

Holinkas poll, make him play aff so he can feel our pain.

I would hope that he's tried them all at some point...right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post
    "Seed of Corruption and Soulburn: Seed of Corruption can no longer both apply to the same target."

They nerfed affliction aoe even more?
    It certainly looks like a nerf. No idea what caused them to do this. I wasn't aware Aflli AoE was anything but a slow, clunky mess. It must have been too good in extended periods of AoE or something.

3 dots + 2 Seeds = Soul Swap copies them all.

Wasn't really OP at all but maybe this means they can buff SoC to be not terrible.

Deleted
    Soul swap has alrdy been nerfed into oblivion. Feels like a random nerf to me, Hope this wil indeed buff affliction's aoe potential

Deleted
    Testet Oregorer mythic a bit.

Nice fight, tryed only demo, some trys with impswarm glyph, some without(feelt weaker, but must see the logs for details). Always with cataclysm.

Some facts

WL's were top dmg, that was nice to see. (25-32k dps)
    First entrys in skada where: Petattack, Impattack, ToC, far after that: Doomguard, Doom, Corruption etcpp.
    Cataclysm was only 4% of the total dmg. hits for like 50k-100k on average, with Buffs up more. Best use AD talent and ignore the Glyph so you have more DS up in Meta.

Demo feels quite nice to play, miss the stancedance a bit and pets are way to OP. They could almost solo one of the oreboxes in P2 with dots as little extra. But all in all, nice. Maybe servitude gives even more dmg, cuz cataclysm was nerfed so hard singletarget, but we focused more on the fight, that tweaking dmg.

With ToC beeing that strong mobility isn't a Problem at all. Seems way to OP in comparison to Affl / Destro in other fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    The new Incinerate visuals are horrible.

Affliction and Destro now feel horrible.

Demo always felt horrible and is now horrible with an extra flashy spell.

Their new style of PvP (Ashran) is also horrible.

The whole Garrison quest line is a horrible chore.
    That's more like it! Now we talk all the specs, not demo only!