10 Siegecrafter HC - Brewmaster tips

Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm running a team and we've reached Siege in about 5 weeks or so, however looking at the tactics I'm a bit unsure how you guys stay alive on him?
    I'm guessing you all play this fight with Glyphed guard & Diffuse magic?

Do you save CDs for a certain amount of stacks? I haven't researched the fight much yet so apologies for being lazy if there's already a thread out there!

Any tips & advice for the fight in general will be appreciated. Set-up is 2 x Warlocks, 2 x Hunters, 2x Shamans (Elemental/Enhance), a Balance dr00d and Hpala & Mistweaver. Offtank will be A DK.

Thanks in advice!

The forum search is your friend. It would have taken you less time to search for these threads and read them than it did to create this thread. Doing a quick search, I found a few threads that should help:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ter+brewmaster
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Shredder-tips

If you don't find the answers you need in those threads, I'd be surprised.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-08-14 at 11:15 PM.

glyph guard yes and it honestly all depends on what your other tank can take stack wise and the healing comp you have for externals in my group depending on how things go we can get to 7 stacks sometimes around 3 you need to start popping cds for them guard once you get enough vengance can handle it pretty easy diffuse + zen also can take a stack just rotate who takes what shredder to make sure both tanks stacks do not fall early as it will than be a wipe in most cases because that shredder is imposible to kill without stacks

Deleted
    Haven't tanked it with a DK but with my pala co-tank we do the following:
    He starts, takes 3 stacks and then he kills a shredder while I tank the boss. He then quickly takes a 4th stack and kills next shredder. He then takes a 5th stacks and kills shredder again. By this moment he has 5 stacks while I have 4. I then take next 3 stacks and kill the 4th shredder. The stacks have now reseted and we start all over again.

Here's my cooldown rotation:
    1st stack: Nothing
    2nd: Guard
    3rd: Fortifying brew
    4th: Guard (Fortifying brew will still be active)
    5th: Avert harm (try to be full hp when he casts it)
    6th: Guard + Hand of sacrifice
    7th: Diffuse magic

You can also use Zen meditation or tanking cloak to soak in case you screw up your cooldown rotation.

The shredder dies super fast with 7 stacks, but usually having some chi pooled is nice for the small window when the add takes extra damage. You can also cast Chi wave right before the add is about to jump, so it will bounce between you during the stun.
    Last edited by mmocb06f9a0c12; 2014-08-15 at 01:27 PM.

I honestly do not understand why people recommend taking more than 3/4 stacks on 10 man. I main a BrewMaster while my co-tank is a Prot Pally. Both of us have no issues at all killing the shredder by ourselves with only 3 or 4 stacks. Basically we simply follow normal start in that we tank swap for each shredder.

As BM, i do have a few things that help.
    1. I have Xuen for the shredder to help kill while i am running off and around
    2. We try to maximize the use of saw blades and fire to assist with killing the shredder

We typically get to 3 stacks of overload but never see a 4th (which would most likely wipe us).

My CD rotation for the stacks are as follows:
    Stack 1: Pop Guard just before
    Stack 2: Use Diffuse Magic
    Stack 3: Pop Guard (i have the vial)
    If it is a sequence where i get a 4th, I use Zen Med

This is used every single time and i have no issues at all with the stacks or hits; or with killing the shredder before overload 4.
    Last edited by Krazyfrog; 2014-08-15 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyfrog View Post
    I honestly do not understand why people recommend taking more than 3/4 stacks on 10 man. I main a BrewMaster while my co-tank is a Prot Pally. Both of us have no issues at all killing the shredder by ourselves with only 3 or 4 stacks. Basically we simply follow normal start in that we tank swap for each shredder.

As BM, i do have a few things that help.
    1. I have Xuen for the shredder to help kill while i am running off and around
    2. We try to maximize the use of saw blades and fire to assist with killing the shredder

We typically get to 3 stacks of overload but never see a 4th (which would most likely wipe us).

My CD rotation for the stacks are as follows:
    Stack 1: Pop Guard just before
    Stack 2: Use Diffuse Magic
    Stack 3: Pop Guard (i have the vial)
    If it is a sequence where i get a 4th, I use Zen Med

This is used every single time and i have no issues at all with the stacks or hits; or with killing the shredder before overload 4.
    Very interesting, the guides linked above eberyone seems to take RJW, also the sawblades/fire do little damage? Not sure how you find the dps req so easy

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Very interesting, the guides linked above eberyone seems to take RJW, also the sawblades/fire do little damage? Not sure how you find the dps req so easy
    I use double dps trinkets and xuen never really have a problem with my first 3 stack kill and then the 5 and 7 stacks are easy.

The guides linked above where for progression at a much lower gear level, when you needed to burst 50-60% health after the death from above. Now with a 580+ ilvl even at 3 stacks the add should be 35% before going up for death from above and be virtually globalled afterwards making RJW not important and an overall dps loss(on relevant targets for progression anyways before someone link cheese parses) for the raid.

To the guy saying you should only take 3-4 stacks on 10 man, sounds like bad advice. Yes it's easy to kill a shredder with 3 and 4 stacks now, but it's also easy to take the stacks which means more vengeance and dps on the boss because you can tank 3 of the first 4 shredders on top of the boss which also means more cleave damage on the boss from the tanks. There is no reason to NOT go to high stacks, they aren't remotely dangerous to any tank class that knows how to hit what buttons when.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-16 at 03:17 AM.

Considering the ridiculous tool set given a BrM why wouldn't you want to push as many stacks as possible? This is a sample of one rotation I've used.

1-3 won't kill you unless horribly under geared.
    2 on other tank
    4 - DM
    5 - Guard
    2 on other tank
    6 - Fort + AH
    7 - Fort still up + Guard
    2 on other tank
    8 - Pain Suppression + Guard
    9 - Zen
    10 - DM

Only have to move the first shredder and if the boss isn't dead when stacks reset another one towards the end.

Stack #3 can kill you if you have no other mitigations/absorbs running. It hits for 843k before extra mitigations. (375k base, 200% increase from 2 stacks, 25% reduction from stance). So if your health isn't absolutely full, and you're running dps trinkets (pretty common), and you aren't 585+ with 1.0M hp...

Just saying, I used Guard on stack #3 when it was progression. Or if you have the tank meta proc'd you'll be fine to save it.

One thing I personally can suggest is taking the CD reduction trinket. It literally allows me to pop glyphed Guard every single stack I take. Can never be too careful and the damage loss isn't that bad. I keep my Haromm on and swap TED for the CD trink.

If you're doing the mine tactic - no point taking Xuen as you kill the Shredder really quick with 6-7 stacks. Rather pick up RJW and tank the boss on the mine spawn point - this way you help the DPS by AOE stun / keg smash slow / generally melting their face with all that vengeance. If a mine runs away and is about to hit someone, you can always Clash it to bring it back.

Our tactic goes:
    1,2,3 stacks by DK, I taunt and she goes for 1st Shredder
    1,2 stacks by me till her Shredder is down, then she retaunts ASAP to get her 4th stack for next Shredder and I taunt back right away
    3,4,5,6 by me while she kills her add and waits to taunt. By the time I hit 6, her stacks have reset - she grabs the boss and we start the cycle again
    I go and kill my only shredder with 6 stacks, wait for my stacks to reset and for the DK to have 3 stacks again and we just repeat it all over again.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterQT View Post
    If you're doing the mine tactic - no point taking Xuen as you kill the Shredder really quick with 6-7 stacks. Rather pick up RJW and tank the boss on the mine spawn point - this way you help the DPS by AOE stun / keg smash slow / generally melting their face with all that vengeance. If a mine runs away and is about to hit someone, you can always Clash it to bring it back.
    On 10 man there is no where near enough mines to warrant taking RJW unless you are just trying to pad the meters. Xuen is up for 2 of the 4 empowered mine waves you should get on the kill, and Xuen contributes much more to boss dps.

This - what you just described, taking Xuen to add more damage to the boss is exactly what you called padding the meters. I try to look on how I can aid the group in killing off the mines and allowing others doing their DPS and healing easier without having to run away from mines or switching to them. This is more of a general contribution to the wellness of the group rather than picking Xuen to DPS the boss. I feel more convenient knowing I can AoE them every time they're up and not just when Xuen is off CD. To each his own.
    Last edited by WinterQT; 2014-08-20 at 03:02 PM.

Mine aoe is worthless, they die like paper thin ants. If there is a problem with mines it is because of lack of control with stuns and slows, not because you didn't aoe them fast enough. Assuming all are controlled a warlock could solo them before the leave melee range, that is how little dps matter on them. It's also not like you just magically can't aoe the ones Xuen isn't up for.

Ok so soaking the stacks is a non issue - however had our first few pulls with a prot paladin tank. He really struggles to kill the 1st shredder with only 3 stacks so I took over shredder duty from him, just wondering where you guys kill the 2nd shredder when you have 4 stacks? Do you still use the Sawblades/Fire or just cleave next to the boss?

Ok so soaking the stacks is a non issue - however had our first few pulls with a prot paladin tank. He really struggles to kill the 1st shredder with only 3 stacks so I took over shredder duty from him, just wondering where you guys kill the 2nd shredder when you have 4 stacks? Do you still use the Sawblades/Fire or just cleave next to the boss?
    It's not worth the time or effort to use the environment damage on any shredder, even the 3 stack one. The damage is basically worthless and might do 5% of the shredder's hp if you're lucky.

After you kill your shredder with 3 stacks you should come back and taunt the boss and your OT has 2 stacks now. You should take the 4th AND the 5th. The 5th will not come until after the shredder was already spawned for a few seconds. Then with a 5 stack and a 2 stack both tanks should focus that add down and it should pretty much melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not worth the time or effort to use the environment damage on any shredder, even the 3 stack one. The damage is basically worthless and might do 5% of the shredder's hp if you're lucky.

After you kill your shredder with 3 stacks you should come back and taunt the boss and your OT has 2 stacks now. You should take the 4th AND the 5th. The 5th will not come until after the shredder was already spawned for a few seconds. Then with a 5 stack and a 2 stack both tanks should focus that add down and it should pretty much melt.
    Thanks Tech, this is exactly what i wondered was worth doing! Guessing you then taunt for the 6th/7th melt 3rd shredder then reset?

You da real mvp