Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaser View Post
    Fixed your text for you, stop speaking for others when you don't like other people doing the same.
    are u saying that there are no ppl that agree with my opinion or are u saying that you don`t? because unless u speak for every single wow player i don't see how you could know that everyone agrees with you. Which is funny and ironical since you are doing the very same thing you blamed me of doing (speaking for everyone)... hypocritical much?
    Last edited by mmoce83f2c4e48; 2014-08-20 at 01:09 PM.

I have to say, I'll be quite disappointed if they go another expansion and leave hunters out in the cold with no legendary. They are the only CLASS that hasn't had a legendary in almost 6 years. Their legendary lasted the least amount of time, and I've heard wasn't even Best-in-slot.

I can't exactly sympathize with enh shamans/feral druids. I'm sorry you're the one spec of your class to be left out. I could understand them giving one to tanks, as they're the only ROLE that hasn't had one, except Thunderfury I guess. Not sure if that counts.

Just make a legendary pet, that can also serve as a mount, and I'll stop my bitching. If you need a lore reason, use Rexxar. I hear he's from Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    The problem with today is not only is not only do people feel they have to take a singular position on an issue, they have to vehemently shout down people who disagree with them.

I get that it's very easy to be "pro" Blizzard on a forum like this because so many people here are incredibly negative (including those who admit they haven't played the game for years), but in this case it's a bit different. Blizzard has a history of saying a lot of BS when it comes to expansions. They are also about to go 15 months without releasing any new content so accusing people of trolling for being skeptical of Blizzard when it comes to this topic is a bit disingenuous.

If Blizzard only provides 2 raid tiers, but quickly releases a new expansion for a reduced rate (say 25 - 30 bucks), I'd be all for it, but given the history of the game, I can see why so many people are pessimistic.
    You don't even have to go that much back just look at the last 1 year or even 2 months and you will see the amount of lies and foolishness they have displayed. To say the least the last 3 interviews with blizzard designers etc there were mostly filled with explanations why they won't include whatever thing in the WoD.
    Not only did it took them longer to deliver the expansion but it set a new record as to the amount of stuff they could have put in the expansion but won't for what ever reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    I have to say, I'll be quite disappointed if they go another expansion and leave hunters out in the cold with no legendary. They are the only CLASS that hasn't had a legendary in almost 6 years. Their legendary lasted the least amount of time, and I've heard wasn't even Best-in-slot.

I can't exactly sympathize with enh shamans/feral druids. I'm sorry you're the one spec of your class to be left out. I could understand them giving one to tanks, as they're the only ROLE that hasn't had one, except Thunderfury I guess. Not sure if that counts.

Just make a legendary pet, that can also serve as a mount, and I'll stop my bitching. If you need a lore reason, use Rexxar. I hear he's from Draenor.
    i hate hunters but i totally agree with you you deserve a legendary! Although... although u got one last expansion but than again i guess we all did!
    The problem with the type of legendary item you are talking about is that usually 1-2 ppl from the guild can have it and usually those 1-2 ppl are officers or raid leaders or gms or something like that and the last time i check u still need 25 ppl to kill heroic boss not 5.
    Not that i don't think that some officers/gms/whatever deserve a reward i do i just don't think keep on giving it to them all the time is a good idea.(i know that not all guilds are like that but the majority are don't take my word for it feel free to do some research ^_^ )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    I'm so irritated with this line of thought. First of all, the goddamn expansion is 50 dollars because they are including a free level 90, valued at 60 dollars currently. Otherwise it would be 39.99 like every other one.

Second of all, if they are looking to do dramatically faster, dramatically smaller expansions, i'm pretty sure a change in price will be considered and possibly implemented. Reaper of Souls was 30 and offered a lot of cool content. Why would you assume they would keep the price that comes with a free character?

Third, wouldn't 2 or 3 raid tiers and an expansion be better than an entire year of NOTHING for the 15 a month?
    Let's get one thing straight, the level 90 boost that comes with the expansion is a carrot for new players. There is nothing more daunting in this game than logging in for the first time and playing for a few hours, and then realizing you have another 90 (or 100) levels to go before reaching max level. The startup costs, in both time and money, for new players is outrageous. Established players don't think of it, because it is only 10 levels at a time for them. This investment cannot be understated. Every expansion there is a bigger and bigger drop off because it just takes too damn much effort and money to catch up. At some point there is going to need to be a level squish.

The other thing is that the $60 price tag is gating. Enough money to keep everyone from using it everyday, but not too much as to be out of reach for the average person.

The $50 price tag on the expansion is in line with the purchase of most new games. At the end of the day people will bitch about $10, but Bliz knows that it won't deter 99.99999% of the current player base from buying it. Nor is it apt to be a tremendous amount of money to new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    are u saying that there are no ppl that agree with my opinion or are u saying that you don`t? because unless u speak for every single wow player i don't see how you could know that everyone agrees with you. Which is funny and ironical since you are doing the very same thing you blamed me of doing (speaking for everyone)... hypocritical much?
    Take a deep breath. You responded with "nobody asked for it", which would imply 100% didn't want it. But, in reality, Blizzard created a survey and ask the question if people would want a boost as part of the next expansion and a large number of people said they would.

Neither of you speak for the entire player base, so just relax.

Wow.... 60 euros for possible 2 tiers of raids.... way to milk the cow Blizzard. If that happens, this will be the last game I purchased from you.

We already had guaranteed quest legendary weapons for both 2h weapon users and casters. Next legendary weapon should be some kind of agility Staff that you can somehow shatter into 2 one handed agi melee weapons or take to one of the Draenor engineers to change it to the bow. It wouldnt be that hard - shatter Staff in half - you get 2 small weapons, apply string to the Staff - you get bow :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Take a deep breath. You responded with "nobody asked for it", which would imply 100% didn't want it. But, in reality, Blizzard created a survey and ask the question if people would want a boost as part of the next expansion and a large number of people said they would.

Neither of you speak for the entire player base, so just relax.

People might have asked for a boost to level 90 but what they didn't ask was a boost to level 90 with integrated price of 10$. And the research you are talking about didn't mention that as well. Are you sure the result was going to be the same IF they were told that the price was going to be increase because of it? (i recognize that the price going up might or might have not be the reason for more money but currently we are arguing under the presumption that it is).
    I see no problem with blizzard leaving level 90 out of the equation and just leaving the option for the ingame shop for those of us who want to purchase it its there but forcing it on us is wrong like someone said they might as well add 3 character boosts to level 90 and make the price 70$ i guess thats ok too ?

I'm so irritated with this line of thought. First of all, the goddamn expansion is 50 dollars because they are including a free level 90, valued at 60 dollars currently. Otherwise it would be 39.99 like every other one.
    I get being a Blizzard fan, but statements like this show you have lost all objectivity, just like the people you say you are irritated with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    We already had guaranteed quest legendary weapons for both 2h weapon users and casters. Next legendary weapon should be some kind of agility Staff that you can somehow shatter into 2 one handed agi melee weapons or take to one of the Draenor engineers to change it to the bow. It wouldnt be that hard - shatter Staff in half - you get 2 small weapons, apply string to the Staff - you get bow :]
    NEVER! What are u trying to do?!?!! Make everyone happy? >.< That is just outrageous if that happens there will be noone visiting the forums because ppl will be too busy playing instead of complaining! :O /sarcasmoff

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    People might have asked for a boost to level 90 but what they didn't ask was a boost to level 90 with integrated price of 10$.
    Actually, I think you might be conducting a bit of revisionist history here. I believe the survey specifically asked how much extra they'd pay for it to be included in the next expansion. So people did ask for this.

I'm a capitalist, Blizzard is free to charge what they think they can get for their product. For me, I get more value out of the game then it costs, which is evident by the fact that I've been playing the game (on and off) for a decade. Most other games hold my attention for a few weeks at best.

If the extra 10 bucks for the expansion is your tipping point, that's fine and it's 100% your right, but me it's no big deal since I still enjoy the game.

"..But one piece of common negative feedback we saw was concerning the lack of new 5-player dungeons in Mists patches. That was something for which we didn't plan, and couldn't sacrifice art and design resources at the time to give those players what they wanted..."

every good expansion have a lot of 5 man dungeons at launch..

why dont you see this easy thing?

why on earth have we again in wod only so few at start? this is for me an indicator that this xpac is weak!

4 five man dungoens for 10 levels!! that is realy the worst thing what you created!

the few intances in cata and mop for 5 levels was even then a true horror!

and for the future? 4 for 10 levels? when you search a reason for drops in subs, this i a good base..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2014-08-20 at 02:44 PM.

Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are back, but not as bosses

What?!!!!

Uuugh. I hope thy include an option to turn off the excessively noisy and annoying welfare "legendary" effects. I got so fricken sick and tired of seeing the same cloak effect on every character. It's not cool, it's visual clutter.

That BM log in screen looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Blizzard's adds new legendaries if they think it fits that current expansion.Say gorehowl for example,that axe was born a legendary item and since it makes appearance this expansion they are adding it.Sadly there is no boss in WoD that wields a bow/xbow known by lore to be added as legendary unless Blizzard pulls one from their arse.
    Rogues got the legendary daggers in Cata in hope that their population will rise since they were the least played class which it did,but as soon as Cata was over the rogue population started to drop again.Believe it or not rogues still are the lowest class currently.
    Casters,well Blizzard just love casters (mage/warlocks) and you can see that from the numbers they pull,never getting nerfed as they should be or sometimes getting overly buffed.So yeah they get a legendary.

Hunter class is doing great atm dmg wise/population,next to casters and warriors they are Blizzard's baby.Be glad they don't receive the cold shoulder rogues are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

They charged you 10 dollars more since this expansion added a lvl 90 boost in it's pack.
    I have no use for the level 90 boost, so I would be getting charged for it anyway and for less content and a shorter raid cycle. Well, thank god.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Second of all, if they are looking to do dramatically faster, dramatically smaller expansions, i'm pretty sure a change in price will be considered and possibly implemented. Reaper of Souls was 30 and offered a lot of cool content. Why would you assume they would keep the price that comes with a free character?

Third, wouldn't 2 or 3 raid tiers and an expansion be better than an entire year of NOTHING for the 15 a month?
    I don't think you or Blizzard understands what "free" means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by link_991 View Post
    They said two raid tiers, not two raid patches. So Tier 17 in 6.0, Tier 18 in 6.2, and then new expansion.

It's looking like they got halfway done with the next expansion, suddenly decided to change their focus and start from scratch to do WoD instead resulting in the 14 month gap, and cuts as they manage to get it done in that time. Then next year they'll release the other expansion that they've already half finished.

I'd honestly be okay with this if they hadn't raised also raised the price of the expansion which just seems kind of scummy at this point.
    This is exactly what happened. They did a full on reset and went with this time travel crap as soon as the movie was green lit. Now they're hinting the next expansion after WoD will be out quick. Of course it will it was almost done before they decided to do this stupid movie tie in.

That $60 value is the value that THEY put on it. They are including a free level 90 to get back customers who quit in Wrath, TBC, or Classic and consider the idea of having to level up to max to be too daunting or they just don't want to do it. They are trying to get everybody up to speed for the new expansion for their own bottomline. Assuming that it would be $40 otherwise is ignorant, at best.

Faster and smaller expansions for less? I'm sorry, did you just start paying attention to Blizzard's business practices yesterday? That's not going to happen. There are many who believe that WoD is a smaller expansion (which I'm inclined to agree) and they're selling it for more.

Sure it would. But we've already had 3 raid tiers in every expansion except for TBC and then waited a year for nothing (except TBC, it was only 7 months between 2.4 and WotLK). Why would it suddenly change now? They already said they wanted to release expansions and that an entire year of one raid tier was something they considered unacceptable. Then they decided that 14 months was just the right amount of time for SoO. Honestly, I don't really understand the defense of this practice. Nothing that they said in regards to the content should be considered a positive.

Agree with the last blue post here. it's nice to know there are some smart people designing this game.

In theory, Warlords could only have two raid tiers and then a new expansion. It depends on how quickly the next expansion is ready.
    Oh good. The trend of less content for more money continues. I was worried that might stop.