10+ Year Old Account

I hope it's not just me.

I am looking for some feedback concerning Shamans for next expansion. I am a long time shaman player, with experience in each spec. I mained Elemental for the longest in cata, and resto now in MoP. From the looks of things, we're not looking to good as ele/resto compared to many other classes who can do what we do but better. We have no more gimmicks since a lot of burst from enh/ele has been toned down / removed. For the first time in a while im honestly considering switching I chose to play this class because it brought me great joy, and seemed to be able to keep with every other class. Are any other long time shaman lovers going to switch to another class in WoD but feel hesitant on doing so.

I've mained a shaman through every single expansion.

You're over-reacting. Tuning is not done. Stop condemning the beast before it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    I've mained a shaman through every single expansion.

You're over-reacting. Tuning is not done. Stop condemning the beast before it's done.
    No, he is not over-reacting. Shaman is in the worst state since 4.0.

In the testing I've done I have played Resto and Ele and we don't seem very bad. When healing and DPS I've been able to keep up with most classes, although this was before the last round of damage tuning. I'd say wait it out a bit more. You can probably make a better decision a month before release and 6.0 comes out. By that time alot of the beta testing will be pretty close to finished I assume atleast.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX. The tuning is not done. Even the AOE tuning is not finished. Please , everyone that is so worried, calm down. Head to the main page. Blizzard representative even stated that each class will be potentially just as powerful dmg-wise as the next.

First, I'd like to comment on the nerfs today. Nerfs can be troubling, I get that. But this is beta, and these nerfs are just number changes. They are not a bad thing. They're simple number reductions because your DPS was too high. DPS tuning will happen, and this is the first step in that. Especially on beta, it can be very hard to have a good sense of how you compare to other specs. And with the squish changing how numbers are perceived in general, most of you probably had no clue that you were a little overpowered, and that's fine. Let me reiterate that the goal here is for you to be on par with all of the DPS. You should be equal with everyone, from the Arcane Mage to the Destruction Warlock
    And .....

And finally, skill. Here's where we get into why it has all of those so-called "QoL problems". It may be hard to see this vision, because AoE DPS tuning hasn't happened yet
    So.. sit back and grab a pack of Oreo's and a cold glass of Milk. Or whatever. Stop Stressing. We'll be just FINE. In fact from what I can read, it sounds like they are finally tuning all classes to be very similar is damage. It will be up to skill to see who jumps out in front of the other. (Now this is purely speculation in my part, But the quote above kinda hinted at that IMO)
    Last edited by quallanz; 2014-08-20 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I guess I should've been a bit more specific with my point. I cannot really talk from a PvE perspective atm, so I'll just go from a PvP one. It seems a lot of the other ranged casters in arenas / pvp out-do Ele pretty hard in terms of consistent mobility. Sure we have SWG, Lava Surge, & Fulmination if we even manage to get any lightning bolts off since our casting LB on the move has been taken away. We have 1 dot that is easily dispellable with no downside for the enemy if they dispel it. As a Resto, our Tremor Totem is heavily nerfed to the ground, HST received quite a nerf in terms of healing done (I know I know tuning isn't final yet), Out of our lvl 100 talents, Cloudburst and SET seem 'alright' I guess, and high tide is PvE oriented anyways so that leaves us with two totems CD's... AGAIN. Easily just bonk the damn thing even with the glyph. If I'm wrong in anything I've said so far someone please tell me and help me understand because currently I don't see much going for us as resto/ele.

The pattern every expansion has been that we have been weak in the beginning tiers but op in the latter, i expect it to be the same.

Do u have fun playing a Shaman? Do u defeat bosses in raids and dungeons? If the answer is yes then who gives a good god damn what other classes have and u don't. Stop worrying about what they have and just play the class that is FUN to u. Remember this is a video game designed for entertainment.. If all ur concerned about is being at the top of this meter and that log then play another class or game. Shaman for life baby we play it till the end.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Resperina View Post
    Sorry I guess I should've been a bit more specific with my point. I cannot really talk from a PvE perspective atm, so I'll just go from a PvP one. It seems a lot of the other ranged casters in arenas / pvp out-do Ele pretty hard in terms of consistent mobility. Sure we have SWG, Lava Surge, & Fulmination if we even manage to get any lightning bolts off since our casting LB on the move has been taken away. We have 1 dot that is easily dispellable with no downside for the enemy if they dispel it. As a Resto, our Tremor Totem is heavily nerfed to the ground, HST received quite a nerf in terms of healing done (I know I know tuning isn't final yet), Out of our lvl 100 talents, Cloudburst and SET seem 'alright' I guess, and high tide is PvE oriented anyways so that leaves us with two totems CD's... AGAIN. Easily just bonk the damn thing even with the glyph. If I'm wrong in anything I've said so far someone please tell me and help me understand because currently I don't see much going for us as resto/ele.
    On PVP terms I do agree. Always felt like I was hurting as Ele in arenas. Resto never seemed too too bad but with the tremor changes and such, a bit weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    The pattern every expansion has been that we have been weak in the beginning tiers but op in the latter, i expect it to be the same.
    We have had some weak spots but I don't recall a point where we were considered an OP class. At this time Enhancement's single target damage inst looking too bad at all but Elemental still seems a bit on the lower end of fights like Iron Jugg or Malkorak. Resto seems pretty decent right now as well I'll give it that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post

We have had some weak spots but I don't recall a point where we were considered an OP class. At this time Enhancement's single target damage inst looking too bad at all but Elemental still seems a bit on the lower end of fights like Iron Jugg or Malkorak. Resto seems pretty decent right now as well I'll give it that too.
    I was referring to resto, cant comment too much on enh but it was pretty good in 5.1/5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    I was referring to resto, cant comment too much on enh but it was pretty good in 5.1/5.2
    5.3, enha was pretty mediocre in 5.1 and borderline weak in 5.2 before big buffs.

Even then, there were 4 specs above it on single target - the place where enha tends to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement's received nothing but big bonuses in Warlords so it's looking good for that specialization. I'm not exactly sure with Elemental as it seems to be hit or miss, and Restoration has barely changed as far as I've noticed.

The class overall, regarding talents and glyphs is still "meh", though.